Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #1981
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Comic books are good to sort of get away from things too. Simple little blurps and such. That's why I tend to prefer the collections rather than individual issues. I'm impatient~! The B&N I go to in California also have individual collections. o:

Just don't spend too much money on glasses you'll only wear once~! One of the things that I like to make sure of is if it's expensive I can use it again. Like shoes and stuff. :] But those glasses you found are pretty legit, yo.

@Link: You're so mean. D:
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #1982
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: Yes! 8D Ah, I'm quite excited. I was thinking about using a regular catsuit like this cosplayer since I'm basing it more off this version (yet I want the squarish glasses, haha). Maybe the collar and the pink bits can be added on later somehow? I dunno. Or maybe no one will notice!

@Tulipe: I buy the individual issues because I'm impatient. xD It is nice to be able to read longer stretches at a time, though. I haven't quite caught up to the latest issue of X-O Manowar yet since the second volume comes out in May, I think. So I figured I might as well wait. Individual collections?

Yeah. If I do wear glasses, would be nice to have something I wouldn't mind wearing for other occasions. Could be a bit odd to be running around in 80s shades in 2013. Luckily, I already have black boots I can use.

Last edited by Hearth : 04-24-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #1983
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Tulipe: you use me for distraction too! xD And I kinda wanna go to LBCC o:

Hearth: Oooooh nice! x3 to be honest I'd wear them around if I could haha xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #1984
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Cool, so we'd be doing similar eras as far as uniforms go. I buy individual issues of things that I am impatient for. Like YA. I just bought the first collection of Hawkeye, and I want to buy the Gambit collection when I get money. And I totally didn't mean individual collection.. I combined collection and individual issue. x-x

@Link: Yes. You are my distraction from the library. I do want to go to LBCC but I don't know how I'd get there..? Unless I convinced Kristina to go >_> Or Darryl. Hmmm.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #1985
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: I guess they're still pretty trendy. And no one pays much mind to me anyway so they probably wouldn't bat an eye if I ran around wearing pink aviators, haha.

@Tulipe: Are you doing the green-and-white outfit with the hood for Rogue? Speaking of Gambit, I have the promotional poster hanging on my wall but I'm not reading the series at the moment. Probably should flip it over to the Hawkeye side since I'm actually reading that, haha. Kind of figured that's what you meant. ;-) That's cool!
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:51 AM   #1986
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Wear what you want, yo. I'm doing the green and white outfit, short sleeved version without a hood. I've seen previews for Gambit and Hawkeye. Just started Hawkeye, it's so good. Ready to pick up Gambit though, some Rogue and Gambit shenanigans~ Yeah. Flip-flopped~ Whoops.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #1987
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: And I will! 8D (Think I have black gloves already too. Let's just hope I find both of them, eh-heh...) Ah, all right. Sweet! Hawkeye is pretty fun so far. I think I avoided Gambit because I thought it would lack Rogue and Gambit shenanigans (I guess I watched the 90s cartoon too much), but I just saw the cover of the issue coming out tomorrow. So, I guess there is some?
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #1988
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I have black gloves you can borrow if you can't find your spare. x-x http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...04-rogue_5.jpg This is the one I plan to do, but probably without the curved sleeves. I was worried about Gambit because I thought the same, after one of the comic strips I saw where Gambit basically tells her that he loves her and is meant to be with her but until Rogue gets her head out of her ass for her not to go find him. Erm, spoilers? But she hunts him down in the most recent issue of Gambit so they'll probably put them together for a bit at least.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #1989
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Aw, that's really sweet. Thank you! :-)

Ah, that version is cool. Especially since the X-men symbol is on it. They probably should have stuck with that one.

Mmm, maybe I should pick that title up then. I've always been a sucker for those two.

8D

I have no idea why she came with that big gun... but she did.
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #1990
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: No problem. I only use them for one cosplay. Sharing is caring, right?

I like that one because it's not a body suit. And I need to lose a little weight before I think of pulling off a body suit.

They've always been my favorite. But them bouncing around and then Rogue hooking up with Magneto. All kinds of nope.

Oh yes, good plan. Girl already has crazy mixed up powers, now let's give her a giant gun. 8D
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #1991
ayaasan

Whee! Just did a bit of research, and I LOVE this wig for Scarlet Witch.
I'm also planning on working on a Catbug Kigurumi as soon as I finish my Jedi as a fun little reprieve...I'm thinking of just wearing my dark blue magnum wig as a contrast, since a) I wouldn't blend in with the hood of the suit and b) I wouldn't have to buy a new wig :P

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Colonial Jack Frost (RotG)
Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan)
Rogue (90's animated X-Men)
Rita Skeeter (Harry Potter)
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Shield Maiden Eowyn (LotR)
Thronecoming Madeline Hatter (EAH)
Ms. Frizzle (Magic School Bus)
Puck (Gargoyles)
Melisandre (GoT)
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #1992
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: It can be fun! xD

I quite like her with the scarf too. But I think I have a thing for scarves. Being a knitter and all.

Yeah, just no. No, no, no, no, no. ;_; My roommate likes the X-Men trilogy (well, maybe not the the third so much but she owns them all), and I started her on the 90's series and Evolution mainly because I really dislike Rogue/Iceman and she need to see the liiiggghhhhttt!

I think she came with two of them, too. XD

@Ayasaan: Ah, that wig just screams Wanda! *_* It looks perfect.
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #1993
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: That's a beautiful wig. :]

@Hearth: I completely forgot she had a scarf for some reason. I was like "What is that- oh"
Rogue/ Iceman confuses me. xD Like, Bobby was an original?? How does that work. Magneto/Rogue confuses me and I don't want to pretend to understand it. I restarted the 90's cartoon but... Stopped suddenly for some reason. I guess I got distracted. Oh God, Rogue no. No guns for you.

:'D My roommate brought me YA issue #4. Yay.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-24-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Unread 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #1994
Hearth
Unregistered User

Well, now you remember! b(ouo)

Apparently he is. I did not know that. It seems that I must expand my X-men knowledge. o_o; Sometimes it feels like they kind of run out of ideas. So they go with whatever. *shrugs*

Life gets in the way, I guess. My roommate and I did a Digimon Adventure marathon and we watched it all the way up to the last couple of episodes. Then stopped. And that was probably more than a year ago.

Yes! Did you read it? 8D
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #1995
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Yeah, the original group got back together in... All New X-men? But yeah. It confuses me. My roommate knows more about X-men but she tells me things sometimes. x-x I think so too like Magneto was a bad guy and then he helps and is good, and is a good guy compared to freaking CYCLOPS and he went batshit crazy. And then Magneto is suddenly bad again and it hurts my brain. x-x

My roommate tried to get me to watch Digimon and I did- and I cosplayed it- but we never finished it. xD

I READ IT. I AM BOTH SAD AND HAPPY AT IT. DID YOU READ IT?
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr