Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #2011
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ayasaan: ...Blue suede shoes? :-P I'm not sure if I can think of anything that uses that color at the top of my head at the moment.

@noctiluca: Aw, that's cute that you dyed your hair. Was she your first cosplay?
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #2012
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I want to say I like Loki, but I really can't. My first interaction with Loki was in the MCU and just- I can't because of all his fangirls. Completely ruined it for me. I don't mind Kid Loki so much, but he's making me sad. :[ Scott I grew up not liking. xD

Well, one theory from Tumblr that I can see happening is Billy's powers allowed them to MEET, but the whole liking each other and falling in love thing they did on their own. I'll accept that. But I can't see them taking a relationship that's existed for so long and being like "well guess what, it's all Billy's fault" And yet Loki turns around to Billy and uses the 'loving boyfriend' thing to get Billy to give Loki his powers. >_> I don't trust it.

Besides Kang there's still the Skrull invasion and everything like that. Teddy's involvement there. Would it all of still happened if Billy hadn't poofed up Teddy? I think if we say that then everything happening would be Billy's doing. The entire YA world would be his fault, almost. o_o

@Link: It was the worst thing I've ever had to make. I had so many burns and sores from that thing. But I got compliments on it. Sooo.

@noctiluca: Ahaha. Hello~
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-25-2013 at 12:14 AM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #2013
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Noctiluca: oh wow! That's cool! I've always wanted to dye my hair pink xD

Hearth: I hope he gets a haircut too

Ayaasan: sorry I can't think of anything right now :\

Tulipe: Ha no surprise there xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 15%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 40%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #2014
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: I can understand. To be honest, I kind of avoid merchandise like shirts and I don't reblog stuff that's about Tom Hiddleston or MCU Loki because I find it embarrassing to be associated as a "Hiddlestoner" even though I really like the actor and the character. x_X I think Kid Loki will at least fix the problem, but he's just addressing his own motives first.

Ah, yes. That's a possibility as well. And, like you said, I doubt Gillen would take the "it only happened because Billy willed it so" route because that would be way too devastating a thing to do, and I don't think that he's that evil. The Secret Invasion story crossed my mind as well, but I don't see why it couldn't still happen. However, I could see the course of events being radically different without Teddy's presence.

And, of course. Kid Loki knows he's not trusted so he has to manipulate to get what he wants. :-P Another thing about Kid Loki is that he could still get people to do what he wants without them even realizing it. Getting Miss America Chavez to protect Billy is an example.

I kind of find it funny that he put together the original Avengers, and now he's putting the Young Avengers together, haha.

@Link: And I wonder if he'll get a new outfit. Though, probably not. It doesn't look like Thor got one.

Last edited by Hearth : 04-25-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #2015
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: I do not like making hats. O_O

@Hearth: I like Tom Hiddleston, but I can't like Loki because of the people obsessed with him. I was watching some of the Iron man 3 red carpet stuff and all people were talking about was "Where's Tom" TomTomTomTomLokiTom. And it annoys me so much I don't even care about Thor 2 anymore. Er.. Almost.

I think that would be putting way too much on Billy's shoulders. He's been through a lot and he's supposed to be pretty powerful, but if we're saying this is going to be like another House of M I have a hard time believing it. Billy loses control of his powers when he risks something bad happening. Like losing Teddy. Or people he cares about getting hurt. That's when he uses his powers without control. I don't think he'd just poof up Teddy just because. Especially if we're saying that everything would still happen without Teddy. If that were the case the YA would still exist, he'd still have his friends and supporters. And he'd still find Tommy and the Scarlet Witch.

I feel like Miss America and Billy are going to be pretty good friends. She's been pretty protective of him and stuff so far. So I hope it's not just "I feel responsible for you because you're a moron"
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #2016
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Really? That's pretty ridiculous because it's an IRON MAN movie, and Loki is not an Iron Man villain. -_-

That everything happened in YA due to Billy's actions? I'd think so as well, and he already blames himself for a lot of stuff. Like, oh, giving Kid Loki power over reality for 10 minutes? And, well, he does have to concentrate for anything to happen. If he can change things by only subconsciously thinking about it, he could have changed so many other things unintentionally as well. Of course, maybe he has and we just don't know exactly what, and that's why Loki says that he needs to learn to control his powers better.

I'm very curious about Miss America. I wonder how she knew about Billy? I could see them being friends. After all, when she was given the suggestion of killing Billy, she'd rather protect him instead even though she seems to be aware that his reality-warping powers could be dangerous.

Last edited by Hearth : 04-25-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #2017
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Yeah. They wanted to see him and he was shown on the red carpet for all of five seconds where he met up and said hello to Chris Hemsworth. And people were like "It was worth it to see him for five seconds!" Loki is NOT in Iron man 3. If you were watching this JUST for Tom you need to get out. I am sad Chris Evans wasn't there though..

Billy tries very hard but a lot of stuff seems to go wrong for him. I feel bad, and I think of all the things they make happen to him taking Teddy away too would just be the worst thing. I think that Billy has to have something really stressful in order for his powers to just "happen". Like when Wanda went nuts in House of M and created her own world. Or when Billy discovered his powers. Something has to happen for his powers to unconsciously be used. I don't think he just does it without thinking just because. But he definitely needs to control his powers. Though, are we going to ignore the weird 'future issue' after Children's Crusade where he was Sorcerer Supreme? AND he was still together with Teddy. Like, I know these are different artists and different stories but we can't ignore EVERYTHING Young Avenger like. It still happened. o_o

I think Miss America would be that friend who gets his ass into gear. Like, that was kind of Tommy's role but at the same time Tommy was blinded by "Must protect brother" (which is like one of his power things in some game? 'protect Billy') And Teddy just wants Billy to be happy so he isn't pushing him. Kate is just kind of his 'girlfriend'. So Miss America is going to be like look, I like you, but you need to stop. At least I think so.

EDIT: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...035428385.html <-- Did Joss just reveal RDJ coming back as Iron man AND Pietro/ Wanda in Avengers 2. o_o Or am I misunderstanding.
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-25-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #2018
Hearth
Unregistered User

Heh, yeah. If they want Tom, they'll probably see enough of him once the movie he's actually in comes out. :-P

I'm not sure if I read that. I remember the one-shot issue, and, well, that was quite confusing. Really didn't understand what was going on at all. I imagine that future is changed now that Cassie and Vision are dead. Unless there are multiple timelines. Time travel is confusing. x_x

I think you might be right, and I could totally see that. She doesn't take any crap, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't coddle anyone either. And, yeah, that's one of Tommy's powers in Heroclix. XD I thought that was so cute, haha.

Are you asking if RDJ is playing multiple roles? o_O Or are you saying that he announced that Iron Man, Wanda and Pietro are going to be in the movie?

Looking for a wig for Jubilee now and I think I'm leaning toward this one. Though I have some other candidates. Now that I look at them, the last two look pretty much the same to me.
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #2019
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

It's like no one cares that the movie is called Thor, not Loki! So annoying. But Tom seems like a very nice guy eother way.

Marvel time traveling is especially confusing! They included that at the end of the Children's crusade collection where they were in the future but both Cassie and Vision were alive so I didn't understand it AT ALL. But Billy and Teddy were still there and together. Very confusing.

That's also why she's such a great character. She's sorry about all the crap they're going through but is still like get off your ass and do something. Ha I didn't know what it was from just saw it on Tumblr and thought it was adorable. Tommy's so great. I guess he's like Pietro as Pietro is super protective of Wanda too.

Nonono. There are rumors that they're going to replace RDJ as Iron man since his contract ends. But from the interview with Joss it seems like he's hinting at RDJ already being part of it. Which means he's coming back maybe which could be a spoiler! And then he said a brother and sister team will be written in for Avengers 2. Sooo Pietro and Wanda maybe~?

I'll check out wigs later. At the library. XD
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #2020
ayaasan

Hearth: as for wigs, I'd go for this, this, or "Death by Smoking Butterfly" at the end of this page would work nicely with a bit of razoring and teasing I shop all 3 sites regularly, and they're definitely reputable!~

Cosplay 2014-2015
Queen Elsa (Frozen)--95%
Officer Jenny (Pokemon)--90%
Jack Frost (RotG)--30% complete
Harley Quinn (Batman TAS)--10%
Cheryl Tunt (Martian Queen)--10%
Peter Pan (Dream Along with Mickey)--debuting Mickey's Halloween Party--30%
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #2021
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearth View Post
@noctiluca: Aw, that's cute that you dyed your hair. Was she your first cosplay?
I guess so, since the first time was when I was 10 years old. But it was just a Halloween costume I did it again in high school when I really dyed my hair pink, (the 02 outfit) and people thought I was Homestar Runner. lol
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #2022
Hearth
Unregistered User

...I'm probably in that camp, to be honest. When I was watching the trailer, the only thing on my mind was, "Where's Loki?" Tom is a pretty awesome guy, it seems. :-)

Were there two different future ones? Because I don't remember Teddy being there with them. Or any implication that he was. I guess I need to re-read it because it's been awhile. x_X I know I kind of skimmed through some parts because it kind of hurt my head. Like, I didn't understand why they were with Kang...

Yeah, I can't wait to learn more about her! I'm curious to know if she's related to both of her moms somehow. And I bet they'll get to go to Earth-212... find out how much of a utopia it really is. Heroclix seems pretty interesting, and being able to collect a bunch of hero figures sounds pretty cool. I wish the paint jobs on them weren't so sloppy-looking though. :-/ I found it so cute when Pietro ran his words together when he was worrying about Wanda because Tommy did the same thing, haha.

Oh, I see. I don't follow these things very closely. Casting RDJ as Iron Man is kind of a must. So, I'm pretty sure they'd figure out something. And, yes! That would be awesome!

@Ayasaan: Oh, thank you very much! I really like all of them. I think I'm leaning towards the one in the middle at the moment. ^_^

@noctiluca: Homestar Runner... I kind of forgot about that, heh.
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #2023
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I am great at typing on my phone. I have to say.

I don't know? Just my collection of the Children's Crusade comics included a 'look in the future' thing. Where Tommy and Kate were together, and Eli had this whole little family thing. My copy is in California so I can't scan it. But they say something to Nate about Billy not being around and then he appears at the end. I didn't understand it- but everyone was there!

It'll be fun. I think she'll be a good addition to the team. Especially since a lot of them seem to be pretty much pushover types. Miss America is very take charge, not putting up with your shit. So that'll be good to have. The speedsters are very protective of their magic siblings. So cute.

I don't really follow them, but they've done so much advertising for Iron man 3 that it was just kind of there in your face. They haven't confirmed anyone for Avengers 2 but since RDJ's contract ends they keep saying he'll be replaced. But- I think there would be a riot if that happened. xD I'd be so excited for Wanda and Pietro. Especially Pietro. >_< And then maybe someday- Young Avengers?!
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #2024
Hearth
Unregistered User

Eh, I'm no good at typing on my phone either. Especially when I have to hold it length-wise.

Okey-doke. So we are thinking about the same story. It sounds like I should probably go over it again, but... I probably won't, haha. Too bizarre, man. >_<

Definitely. And she sports pretty awesome threads, too. It's no wonder so many people are cosplaying her already. Yes, they are! It'd be cool to see more nephew-uncle shenanigans. ;_;

I don't have cable, so I've only watched one Iron Man 3 trailer so far. xD And I'd like to keep it that way. Admittedly, Avengers was kind of ruined for me because of all the spoilers online, so I'm trying to avoid that this time around. It would be a big mistake. He's such a good fit for that part, and you know he absolutely loves doing it, which makes it even better. If they ever did Young Avengers... that would be so amazing. *_*
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #2025
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I don't know why I used the phone instead of the computer. But I did. xD Cuz I wanna be COOL OKAY.

I don't understand that thing at ALL. It was so random and weird and made no sense. So I try to pretend it doesn't exist. Except- it makes me feel better when we get a lot of Teddy/ Billy break-up stuff.

Yeah. Now. Much better than her older ones. xD They only really get to interact in Children's Crusade. D: It's so sad. They're adorable.

Oooh... Well, you can find all the trailers online. x-x I follow Marvel Entertainment on Tumblr and Facebook so they're always uploading new Iron man 3 stuff so I figure might as well. Though all the stuff they've been posting might as well just put the movie out. I agree, I enjoy RDJ as in that role way too much for it to be anyone else. And he got everyone else into the Marvel universe doubt they'd just let him go. I would be so happy to see Young Avengers on screen. Even just a quick thing. Maybe Avengers 3 will be something Skrull invasion-like. 8D
Polaris []

My Tumblr