Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #2056
ayaasan

Ose: Base wig refers to a wig before any styling The back is going to be trimmed shorter and razored, and then I have to massively tease, flip up and spike those massive hair/bang "fwips" in :P (My experiment wig for PGB is here and I want to get the bangs even fluffier this time around now that I have a thicker base wig in the accurate color)

Hearth: I'd be more than happy to help with any wig tips! I'm so-so with longer wigs other than the basics of curling, straightening and dyeing, but I love shorter wigs and up-dos!

EDIT: I also picked up the fabric for Gumball's tunic today! It's actually more of a hot pink in person, and it sparkles! I'm totally using this awesome bright purple silk velvet I found the other day for the collar and then some raspberry poly satin for the pants. He's going to be FABULOUS once I start with the bullion trims and gemstones!! XD

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-29-2013 at 11:50 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #2057
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ose: Yeah, it's something important to consider before you go ahead and get them (though, I think you'll need to get a doctor's opinion regardless) because you don't want to end up buying expensive lenses that don't fit your eye well. It really sucks. x(

Thank you very much for the link!

@Tulipe: Drove all the way back home to get it because there's no way I could survive the week without it. *lame* Eh... 9 hours sounds like torture.

An alternate universe where everything goes right? Would be a bummer to visit an alternate universe like that and wonder if your life could have ended up the same way somehow.

Yeah, I just really didn't dig Soy's art at all. x_x I kind of hoped that they would change the artist in later issues, which they did. But instead they choose an artist that gives her the Liefeld treatment. Ew.

I think they were kind of opening up Evolution for more stories, but they changed their minds. :-/ It could have still been good for a couple of more seasons, but I guess they wanted to make sure that it ended on a good note. Unlike the 90's series when they changed the animation while it was on its last legs. Yikes. And, ugh, thinking about the animation change makes me think about the second season of the Incredible Hulk. Smart move there.

Perhaps Billy will realize he's going down pretty much the same destructive path Wanda did, and could learn from her bad example. xD;

Sure, no problem. I love spreading the JiM feels, and it might be useful background for upcoming issues of YA. b(ouo) And that would be sweet! I'm guessing you might. What do you have?

Yeah, I kind of hope that one day Tommy will be more permanent, too. There still seems to be a lot we don't know about him.

Whoa, thanks for all that info. I knew there was a wig store in my area, so I got a wig cap there. Luckily, my hair is very short so I don't have much to hide. No idea where to get a Styrofoam head, though. x_o Probably would have to order that.

@Ayaasan: Ah, that would be great. In the wig's current state, I feel kind of silly wearing it. xD;; And I hardly have any experience working with my own hair, so I wouldn't know where to start with a wig...

And that fabric is absolutely amazing. o_o The color, the SPARKLES.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #2058
ayaasan

After running around in my new hoop skirt at Wondercon, I really want to make another ball-gown...hmmm...let's see what I can find

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #2059
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Yes, cord was needed! Even though we're only supposed to have eight hours a day at max my work didn't give a crap so I ended up working from opening to closing. 8D

Maybe not where everything goes right. xD But things get better for him. Everyone has been throwing problems at him and everything seems like it's his fault. OTHER PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS TOO. Someone on Tumblr pointed out that the picture in the first issue when Billy is looking at different realities kind of connects to the 8th issue cover.

I really want to read it. ;-; But the way everyone looks like they're melting makes me sad.

True, true. Still, I wish Evolution had continued. They said that if it did Rogue and Cyclops would have had a romantic relationship, and I'm like where did THAT pairing come from. I don't remember enough of the 90's cartoon. D:

I would hope so, but I kind of feel like they're supposed to make it that way. He doesn't seem aware that he's doing everything Wanda did even though he knows everything about her? Being the nerd that he is.

The sad feels? Sad feels. ;-; I have the main story of Avengers vs X-men, no side stories. The new Hawkeye collection (which I think you read, already?). YA collection 1: Sidekicks, Working on getting YA collection 2. Civil War: Young Avengers and Runaways. Skrull invasion: Young Avengers and Runaways. Young Avengers: Children's Crusade (which you have) and Avengers: Prime. Small collection.

Yes, we need to know more about him. :[ But there was a thing where they said they weren't going to go too much into Tommy's backstory because they said the character himself doesn't seem to care about his background.

I hope it was helpful! Shorter hair, pin it down if you want too, or put the wig cap on and spray. My roommate has very short hair and she just puts the wig cap on and flattens it down. You can get the wig head at any beauty supply store. Like a Sally's or a place that just sells hair supplies. :]

@Ayaasan: Be another princess? Oooorrr... Hm. I've seen one or two people do Vanellope's princess dress. But that's cray-cray detailed
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #2060
ayaasan

Whelp, I fought that Gumball wig long and hard yesterday, but what I need to do to accomplish the "look" I'm going for is waaaayyy out of my skill range. So, I found an amazing commissioner ;3 (let's just say it involves foam-core, re-wefting, painting, and two extra packs of wefts *.*)

I'm so excited to get to work on Gumball now!~ I'm thinking of using the purple silk velvet as a contrast to the pale pink satin on the sleeve puffs along with some small bullion trim and swarvoski crystals, and then using a matching purple satin for the sleeves and collar. I'm also totally leaning toward using a raspberry velveteen (or a thicker, stiff, cotton poly blend...still deciding) with purple piping for the pants I still need to draw the design for the embroidery I'm commissioning from my sister. Squeee!!! XD
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #2061
Ose_93
is under your bed

@Tulipe: Izaya has reddish brown eyes, so I'll probably just skip on the contacts. My eyes are brown, so it won't be too big of a deal. I've never worn contacts before, so I would rather not be uncomfortable. DX

@Hearth: No problem. ^^

I got my very first wig at a wig shop. Now that I got others online, I know that the short, black wig I got would have been cheaper online, but the lady who sold it to me taught me how to put my hair up. My hair is past my butt, though it's thin so it isn't too big of a deal. I didn't use wig caps for a long time (even though I got one...) but I think they are nice because they keep everything in place.

@ayaasan: I can't wait to see it~
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #2062
ayaasan

You guys have no idea how excited I am to work on this monstrosity, lol. I also want to go whole hog since it will be my first masquerade entry :3 Okay, last picture spam before I get started this weeked, I promise! Since it's a mash-up between Edward and Gumball, I'm totes adding a satin and silk dupioni caplet and a snazzy belt for his mysterious floating buckle, lol.
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #2063
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: I can see where Prince Edward comes in! Those big poofy sleeves! xD Oh and when I think of your hoopskirt I think of Bo Peep from Toy Story

Here is a progress photo of Mercury ( I had to redo the chest armor/breastplate since the other one was rather sloppy since I was sick when I made it :P )
Now onto the shoulder roll thingys xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-01-2013 at 10:38 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #2064
ayaasan

Link: loving the progress! And Bo Peep! Although I'd probably be more likely to cosplay as Jesse since I've always wanted a Cowgirl costume... I swear, after I cosplay as Hook, I just need to work on the Pink Power Ranger and a Cowgirl and I'll have all of my dream costumes from when I was a kid XD--Hogwarts uniform, Jedi, Pirate, Wonder Woman, check!

And speaking of Toy Story, I still need to put together a Tour Guide Barbie costume--it'd be a one-shot kinda deal, so maybe for Halloween day and I'd be able to use my own hair :P

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-01-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #2065
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: Haha I would love to see all those too!

And as Tour Guide Barbie don't forget to keep that smile! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #2066
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ose: I think that's a good plan. I've never found a need for contacts unless people are going to get really close to you. Or sometimes photoshoots. But most of my characters are blue-eyed and no one seems to care that my eyes aren't that color. Your comfort is more important!

Guys~ Scarlet Witch and Pietro have been confirmed for Avengers 2. 8D
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #2067
ayaasan

Tulipe: ASFDFDSAGRH!! YES!! I'm now kinda torn though, since I want to see the costume design for Wanda before getting started...might want to mesh comic/movie, or I might even end up hating it like Sif's redesign XP
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #2068
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I hope they don't change it too much! I mean, Wanda's outfit is pretty easy. Maybe they'll do something like her newer outfit with the coat-ish thing. I'm waiting for reveals of Sharon in MCU. I want to cosplay her but her pure white suit scares the crap out of me. xD
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #2069
ayaasan

All I'm sayin' is they had better not take away her epic swishy cape. That's why I wasn't too thrilled with her Uncanny variant :P I mean, Thor AND Loki got to keep theirs, lol. And white always scares me, lol. It's SUPER hard to keep clean, even when sewing *.*
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #2070
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I hope they don't get rid of their capes! The only person who was fairly off was Hawkeye and I guess it depends on which version for him. So Scarlet Witch would probably be pretty close. I'm wondering how they'll do Pietro and his full-body suit. That'll be interesting. Working with it and worrying about stains is one thing. But WEARING a white body suit- that sounds like all kinds of uncomfortable.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr