Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #2071
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Why would anyone get rid of the capes?! o.O and full body suits are evil~ Whites are worse but black ones are the best ones. I can hide in the shadows! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #2072
ayaasan

Whelp, currently going bananas at work from boredom since my coworker went home XP Pretty much, we have more staff than patrons, lol. (And I shouldn't be on the internet, but come on..who am I ignoring..haha) I just want to go home and start drafting some patterns! I even found this gosh-awful neon green cotton left over from Drizella that I can use for my drape test
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #2073
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Ouch, that sucks. At least you get an extra hour of pay?

Like Loki. He does a lot of bad things. That naughty, naughty boy. :K (I swear, I have other interests. I think.) I suppose it does, though he doesn't seem to glimpse at the much weirder realities. XD The ones he looked at seemed to be pretty similar to their own.

The writing seems pretty strong, at least in the first issue. So, it's kind of a shame that they couldn't get a strong artist on it.

At first, I thought that would be very odd. Rogue and Scott. But... I now believe I recall that she had a crush on him in Evolution. So, I guess it makes sense in the show, even though it wouldn't make much sense anywhere else at the moment.

Or maybe he does know (or will realize it later), but I think part of depression is feeling that there's nothing you can do to change your situation. Buuutttt, hopefully the team will help him with that.

There are a lot of funny feels before the sad feels, though! Out of those, I haven't read Avengers vs. X-Men and Avengers Prime. b(ouo)

Ah, yes. I remember that. But the fact that he doesn't care makes me curious as to why he doesn't care. If that makes sense. XD

Sweet. I went to a Sally's and got the styrofoam head. Not sure if I like the fact that the head is tilted, though.

@Ayasaan: And there are a ton of Once Upon a Time dresses if you like that show. xD;

My poor package is stuck in package-limbo. And my local post office hasn't been helpful at all. Dx

Last edited by Hearth : 05-03-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #2074
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: True, but at the end of the day I was going nuts. My boss had to come in a few times to ask me if I was okay. xD

Yeah but Loki's a bad guy. He's SUPPOSED to do naughty things. He's one of Marvel's most infamous villains. Billy is supposed to be a hero, cut him a little slack. Though I suppose Wanda didn't get much slack when she did bad things. And I'm glad he doesn't look at the weirder realities.

Yeah, Rogue had a crush on him in Evolution. And was rude to Jean because of it. Which was fine I've never really liked Jean. But- I couldn't see Rogue and Scott together. No thank you.

True, I suppose we still have to keep his depression in mind. Though we are talking two years later, right? I would hope they'd already be making efforts to help him by now. I just don't want it to turn into another Scarlet Witch situation.

But sad feeeeeels! AvX is individual issues. And if you don't like Scott it's very "Wow let's see how much of a douchebag we can make him". But I like it. I bought the first two issues at CC last year. :] And Avengers Prime is a collection that takes place somewhat after Civil War. So if you know the basics of Civil War you'll be okay.

It makes sense. I think it's because Tommy is a character that's so fast moving he's always moving forward. He doesn't care/ dwell on the past because there's so much he can do at the present. xD But I'd like to know more of his history. Actually, all of them. There's really very little we know if you think about it.

Is it tilted on purpose? o_o That could throw off styling.

PACKAGE LIMBO.
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #2075
ayaasan

Browsing stuff for Captain Hook on etsy, and I stumbled across this pattern. Apparently Depp wasn't a Mad Hatter, but a Hobo Clown...ROFL....XD

EDIT: Since I've discovered my love of recreating screen-accurate costumes (I had sooo much fun researching Boushh and my Jedi Knight!~), I've decided to take the leap and work on Dustin Hoffman's Captain Hook from "Hook." Totally thinking of wig-stacking a Glinda on top of a Claudia by sewing the caps together and blending them for that ridiculously curly hair :3 And the details, man...the details *.*

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-04-2013 at 09:29 AM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #2076
Ose_93
is under your bed

@ayaasan: I love that movie. His outfit looks very nifty, I'm sure it's going to be a fun project for you. And it's a good thing you like details because that outfit has plenty. XD

Good luck~

Edit: I was going to use the auto edit for my new avatar, but photoshop makes me look paler for some reason. D:

Anyway, there's a peak at the jacket I got. I got two, cheap silver colored rings, so now I just need to get a black v-neck and I'm all set. Now that I got all of these things together, though, I kind of want to go as Izaya back in his high school days. XD

But, perhaps another time. C:

Last edited by Ose_93 : 05-04-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #2077
ayaasan

Gumball fabric stash! Since I'm kind of going SUPER tacky with this guy, I got purple velour instead of the velvet :P All I have left is to pick up the swarvoski crystals for the sleeve slashing and detailing the embroidery design

Unread 05-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #2078
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: What kind of stuff do you do?

It seems that Loki kind of walks the fine line between bad and good. Which is one of the things I love about him because you have no idea what the heck he is up to. In his previous incarnations, you as the reader know that he's just plain bad and you never trust him. But, as Kid Loki, he's not as obvious. And that's fantastic.

Well, it does seem that Wanda did get off pretty easily. After all, she ended up killing members of her team and depowered nearly all the mutants. Would she have been forgiven if those deaths weren't reversed? Though, I guess she wasn't really in control of her actions.

Depression can be a long-term thing, though. Even with help it can sometimes be difficult to cope with.

At least they seemed to have gotten rid of the "boy-scout" imagery for Scott. Just take away the facade and let him show his true colors, I say. :-P

Yeah, I suppose it does! And you're right. Very few of them actually had their histories elaborated on now that I think about it.

It seems to be on purpose. I guess they were trying to make it look more sexy? But, come on, its a styrofoam head. I actually found another one while snooping around a discount Japanese store. But it didn't seem like these heads were really discount prices. $8. Most stuff in the store is $1.50.

My friends came over to visit and they tried styling it. XD They kind of made it look like Edward Scissorhands hair (their words, not mine, haha). I think the hair needs to be cut first because it's pretty long for what I have in mind...

It's so sad! My dad works at the post office and apparently it's called a "package-loop." I checked the tracking and it seems like it will actually return to the sender this time. Hopefully. I kind of really hate the idea of having to pay for shipping, but that's what I get for not double-checking my order information. x(

And, oh my goodness:

I'm so terribly excited. (/ouo)/ And maybe there might be a chance I can take it to Phoenix. Fingers crossed!
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #2079
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I was an English and writing tutor at my school's tutoring center. We had cubicles. >_>

I disagree I don't think Wanda got off that easily. Everywhere she goes the 'incident' is brought up. Her 'friends' don't trust her. Her 'enemies' want her either dead or imprisoned. No one wants to be around her. She had a hard life, she did some bad things (not all of them she was in control of) but she does try to apologize, kinda. Rogue wanted to fight her in Uncanny Avengers(?) Hope was yelling at her around AvX period. And we all know how Children's Crusade went. No one has forgiven her, and very few trust her. One of those people is Captain America and well- he's Captain America.

I wasn't suggesting that he was OVER it. Just that they'd be attempting to help him by now. Or at least looking into what they could do and trying to pull him out of his funk.

xD He's true colors make him look like a douchebag.

We get little information about them. But not much.

Pictures of the wig? My local Sally's had just plain wig heads. If they were tilted it seems like it would be the opposite of helpful when styling?

That Kid Loki outfit looks beauuuuutiful.

@Ayaasan: I can't wait to see your finished Gumball. 8D

@Ose: Looks good.

I hope everyone went out for Free Comic book day and picked up a stash. I only picked up "Infinity" from Marvel. But it was good for what it was. :] Also saw Iron man 3 today. Supppppper good. I suggest you all go see it soon!
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #2080
ayaasan

Hearth: that Loki costume is AMAZING *.* Is it a commission, or your own mad skills? :O The gold detailing is immaculate!

Annndd...I missed Free Comic Book Day The closest store that was participating was all the way out in Otay, and I had no way of getting out there :/

And it goes to show how I rarely crossplay--I draped and cut GB's tunic to fit me perfectly/flatter, etc., and then I realize "wait, this is for a GUY..and GB wouldn't have curves, lmao". Well, at least I had enough leeway to make adjustments, haha. But the high-waistline will make it look like my legs are longer, even if it would ride lower on a guy...GB's pretty feminine, right? :P
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #2081
Ose_93
is under your bed

@Hearth: Oh gosh, that really sucks. ;^;

I hope you get it soon! I've never heard of such a thing. Did you forget to pick it up on time and now they need to send it back? It looks amazing though, so when you get this sorted out you'll still get an awesome outfit! Hopefully it gets back in time.

@Tulipe: Ugh, I totally forgot about free comic book day. D:

I shouldn't have, though, because it is announced on two of my comics. Oh well, it's my own fault for not marking it down on the calendar. XD

And thanks! Now my sister and I need to work on making the Celty Helmet. Somehow...

@ayaasan: I wouldn't worry to much about curvage, as long as you take care of the bust area. PG is pretty feminine, after all. My sister and got the AT Fionna and Cake comics and noticed how sparkly his first panel was. He looks super pretty in that flan. XD

It's going to look fantastic.
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #2082
ayaasan

Ose: Thank-you :3 --I'm actually just playing around, lol. I'm such a perfectionist that I'd never let that tunic stay as is, and I just made a new one with the adjustments, including a lower waist-line, and wider-spaced princess seams to create the illusion of a longer torso For goodness sakes, I made and re-made my Ice Queen bodice four times before I was happy XD

Tulipe: After I saw the reviews, I was kinda *oh, no, not again*, but if you liked it, I might just wait two weeks so that I can see Iron Man III for free :P After the tedious *blah* of Iron Man II, I'm holding my reservations >.<

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-05-2013 at 11:51 AM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #2083
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

I keep meaning to post in this thread...

Hi, everyone! After spending a couple years up in L.A., I'm back home for a while. I live way up and out in Ramona, and while I haven't been cosplaying for long, I have been sewing for some time. In addition to cosplay, I also write for a website and I host panels at conventions.

My next convention will be Fanime. I'll be presenting my panel 'The Dark Side of Magical Girls' Friday night, and I'll be entering Masquerade with my new costume (Maou-sama from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, her red and black gown from the anime). It's my first Fanime, so I hope to have a great time!

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #2084
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Did it get bad reviews? o_o I really enjoyed it. Iron man 2 doesn't even compare. Everyone I've seen seems to have enjoyed it very much. But if you go in expecting something like Iron man 2 I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Guys I think I just got insulted for NOT crying during Iron man 3. >_> Without giving away it was a fairly positive movie for the Tony Stark character. And some idiots on FB said they would need 'tissues' for it. So I asked what that meant and then some girl was like "fangirl feels, those who have deep love of Tony Stark can't resist" Like did you just call me not a true fan? I've never had that from someone who doesn't know anything about Marvel but what the movies tell them. And then proceeded to say that people with strong emotions towards things they love makes sense for them to bring tissues like- if you're crying over that movie and it's because you're a 'fangirl' you need to take a few steps back, please. You don't know heartbreak until you read the comic books.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

@Angelic Sabyne: Yo! o_o
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #2085
ayaasan

Oh, my glob...I think I might just have to get these for Gumball...they're just too wonderfully tacky to pass up, especially since I'll already be wearing raspberry satin pants!