Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #196
Jonowxeno
Photog

/pokes head in

Hi everyone, count another one from SD. I'm near UCSD cause that's where I work now after graduating from there as well.

I don't really cosplay because I'm usually carrying a backpack + DSLR stuff to take pictures. Not to mention, I don't have the sewing ability to make cosplays. Photography has been my hobby(an expensive hobby...), and now I'm starting to get more serious with it. If you guys ever want to do photoshoots or something, let me know. I'll do it for free since I still consider myself an amateur with cosplay shoots, it's just so much more fun than the typically product/review shots I do. Plus SD has a lot of cool places to shoot.

I'll be driving up to AX next week and then it will be Comic Con the next week, gonna be busy!

@ayaasan Those horns look great. Brave is this Friday isn't it? I used to goto the Edwards theatre premiere/midnight showings all the time cause my friend was a manager, nothing like free IMAX tickets and early entrance. I haven't been to the Fair since it was called Del Mar Fair I think... Is it more or less the same?

Wish the sun would come back out, summers in SD is for beach time!
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #197
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Ayaasan: Looks like red might be end up being the winner! I thought of Merdia when my niece told me that she and her family are going to go watch it when it comes out! Lucky them :P Whoa! Hopefully you'll still have energy left!
Oh yeah we wouldn't want people to be stepping on Lady Loki's cape! :O

I hope by Saturday I can finally get the fabric so then I can finally start working on my Alice dress!

@Jonowxeno: Oh yeah photography is an expensive hobby too! My sister wants to get into that too but she needs to save up money for that. :P I wish I could go to AX this year but something came up and is keeping me from going (Jury Duty). But I will attend next year! The sun was out today!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #198
ayaasan

@Jonowxeno: Thanks! I can hardly wait to wear Merida again--I've been practicing my Scottish accent like crazy the past few weeks. It's far from perfect, but I'm sure the kids won't mind :P And crazy lucky to have a friend at Edwards!~

I'd LOVE to set up a shoot sometime! I actually work in Balboa Park, and I live right next to the beach and two nature centers, so I have quite a few places scoped out

And I still call it Del Mar irregardless, "San Diego County Fair" is a friggen mouthful, lol. I'm mainly going because I got a bunch of free tickets--it really hasn't changed much since I was in elementary school.

@Link: Yay to fabric shopping! I'm going out tomorrow to pick up more interfacing and bottom-weight twill for my Loki corset. Oooh! and you get to play with petticoats! They're so much fun!
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #199
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Oh my gosh the lines that I'm trying to memories is "If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?" and "I am Merdia, and I'll be shooting for my own hand!" xD

Oh gosh! How could I forget about the petticoats! xO Well that's also next on the list!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 06-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #200
ayaasan

I've been watching the videos of her at Disneyland and the trailers repeatedly. (I've also been watching movies like Highlander and even listening to the way Amy talks in Doctor Who, lol) Mainly been practicing lines for the kids, like "Well, my name is Merida! It's nice to meet ya!" "What's your name?" "I have a lovely horse named Angus who runs like the wind!"...etc. XD

And yes! Twirly petticoats are a must! The one I got for Briar Rose massively floofed up my circle skirt And then twirl, twirl, twirl...lol.
Unread 06-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #201
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Those kids are gonna love you! xD

For Alice's petticoat, I'm gonna end up having to buy a very good one because I have NO idea how to make one xD I want to make some cookies that say Eat Me and hopefully find a small bottle or something to make a Drink Me bottle. If I ever have a chance I want to make a big one so then I can pretend I already drank it! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #202
Raine Nytingale
Captain of Eureka Airship

*pops in* Anyone else freaked out that Comic Con is earlier than usual? o_o

Katara (A:TLA)
Future cosplays:
Alice/B-Rabbit (Pandora Hearts)
Marceline (Adventure Time)
Shiela/Sira (Superior)

Raine Nytingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #203
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I definitely think the red will go nicely with all the green. Ala Enchantress~

I have a few friends that do photography. They're all over the place, but they are connected with Anime Conji mostly.

Ahaha. AX is next week. I am so not even a little bit ready. Well, kinda. But after Omni switched up our hotels and now we're suddenly somewhere else and panic is setting in because my shoes aren't finished and... Gah. But I'll be ready for CC. x-x And I don't like how early it is this year... My con season ends at CC, it'll be sad to have to wait another year for it!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #204
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Raine: I'm not so much as freaking out about CC being earlier this year but I'm used CC being later and CC will be around the time that my sister in law's baby is due!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #205
Jonowxeno
Photog

@ayaasan A photoshoot in Balboa Park or Beach definitely sounds good. UCSD is mostly concrete but there's some weird art sculptures, tree areas and a graffi stairwell that's pretty cool. Probably have to wait until after AX and CC, are you going to either?
Oh and at the fair, I think the new thing this year is chocolate covered bacon and corndog covered in sprinkles/fruity pebbles/etc. Try it out .

@La Tulipe Noire Ya AX is right around the corner! This is my first AX and I'm excited but also annoyed cause X-Games is gonna make driving/parking so much more of a hassle, not to mention losing so much space. And the season in SoCal does kinda end with CC, I think the only other nearby con would be Comikaze Expo in Sept, which I might go to since Stan Lee is now partnered with it.

@Link Aw, no way to get out of Jury Duty? I think you could have said that you had planned/paid for vacation (AX) and that Jury Duty would present a financial challenge or something. Or did the trial already start?
And speaking of babies, that's what happened to my co-worker last year. She was all excited to goto Comic Con but her baby was due that weekend so she and her husband had to stay home. But she was happy that the baby didn't come early and she was able to watch Harry Potter Part 2 opening day lol.
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #206
ayaasan

I'm surprised Comic Con is a little bit earlier this year, but since I'm taking a year off for smaller cons, I'm not too affected >.< (All of my coworkers think it's a sign of the apocalypse that I don't want to go this year, lol) I mean, I got to go to all weekend to Wonder Con, and get weekend tickets for LBCC and Comikaze in total for less than a 4-day pass to Comic Con

@Link: Oooh! If you're ever up for an antique store run, you'll find some awesome bottles Ramona has an amazing outlet, as does downtown Temecula and even a few stores in Lemon Grove have some great finds. (When I need period pieces like gloves, earrings, etc., I LOVE going to Ramona!~)

And a photoshoot at the beach is needed! ^__^ I figure Wonder Woman would fit in, since she's from a mythical alternate universe on an island :P
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #207
Jonowxeno
Photog

I hate how my posts get moderated and show up 8hours later

@ayaasan Ya, I'm thinking about Comikaze, since it's only two days, it'd be pretty easy to just drive up.
And the sun is starting to come out more consistently, so beach is definitely a must!
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #208
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

My wig has arrived you guys!!!! I'm so happy!!!! xD
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3230220/This is how it looks outside

@Jonowxeno: The trial has already started. :P And I don't think I could have eluded it anyways. Oh well. :/ Well I guess that'll give me time to work on other things. :P Oh and I know how you feel about your post not showing up until later. That's how it was with me too.

@Ayaasan: I'll have to do that, thanks a lot!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #209
ayaasan

Whelp, I just finished cutting out the pieces for Loki's corset and interfacing the outer suede shell. Getting to sewing tomorrow morning. The scale mail should be arriving on Friday, and I can't wait to get to learning how to work with a new medium.
And in addition to the glowing orb, I'm looking into getting these for Loki, for outside photos of course:

http://www.vampfangs.com/Fire-From-Palms-p/f10300.htm

@Link: I love the wig! It's always awesome to get a new wig in the mail

@Jonowxeno: There's also Long Beach Comic Con in November! I went last year, and it was small, but pretty awesome. It's also right next to the Long Beach Aquarium and I want to go at least one day for some pictures!
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #210
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Whoa! Long Beach CC is a day after my birthday! :O

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned: