Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #2101
Ose_93
is under your bed

Looks good, Link. ^^

Going to Mitsuwa today, so I'll be looking for cosplay things. And you know, buying candy.
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #2102
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Sorry to have been M.I.A. I've finally finished school. No more tests and things for me. o_o Ever. AHAHA.

@Hearth: My school is known for the international students. And sometimes teachers from Korea come and practice their English at the tutoring center. :] It's just through our school. The pay sucked, and the work sucked, and the environment sucked. But I guess the experience was good?

Yep. And that seems to be a theme with Billy too. He'll try and try to the best of his own ability and then he hands over the reigns to someone else and usually gets screwed over. My confidence would be pretty shot too.

I'll start sometimes playing with my wigs like they're real hair. xD I've confused a lot of people that way, as they tend to think it's my real hair. The best thing, is if you're wearing a really short wig and you have long hair is to pull off the wig and freak people out. They always seem to think you used magic to pull it all up. Cosplay is about fun, some people take it way too seriously!

Your jacket is a traveler.

Wooow. Premiere tickets. Lucky duck! o:

I agree, I love the thought of going out wearing my Iron man T-shirt and finding people who would talk to me about it. But on the flip side I dread those people who might tell me I'm not a good enough fan because I got into it AFTER the movies. D:

Yeah. If nothing else a bunch of confused Kid Loki's would get erasers. xD

I bought the machine here, so it's never
traveled. I really need to buy a new one though. The weather here is murder for machine parts. And my roommate left it out and now it's all rusty inside. ;-; But so far it still works.

The paper was returned Wednesday afternoon. xD

That seems like a legit study set to me!

I'm so happy to be free, but it hasn't registered yet. I still feel like I'm avoiding homework.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #2103
ja-pyon

Hi everyone~! Im new to the cosplay scene. Just started in October 2012! Ive mainly been cosplaying in the NY-NJ area cause I go to school up here, but I am heading back to SD for the summer and wanted to meet new people! So far ive only been doing animes like Bleach, Hetalia, SAO, Blood+, but I really want to branch out at video games more. I will be going to AX this summer finally! It'll be my first time. ^^
Anime Weekend Atlanta
New York Comic Con

DA http://ja-pyon.deviantart.com/
ja-pyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #2104
Ose_93
is under your bed

Hey ja-pyon! That's cool, which video game character do you plan on doing? And what days are you going to AX? I hope you have a great time. ^-^

@Tulipe: Aw, I'm so jealous. I need two more classes to transfer to UCSD and then my real schooling will begin. XD

And I still have finals to deal with...

My good friend and I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday with my mom after treating her to a mother's day dinner. I thought it was brilliant. And I'm even more excited about the new ST movie since Sherlock is in it. I don't know why I didn't notice that before...

Here's what I got at Marukai that could work for cosplay (and two guns I got at the dollar store):

I'm going to paint the guns for Death the Kid and use the signs for the Shizuka cosplay. My sister and I got Sailor Jupiter and Mars costumes that came with gloves, but I didn't really like them too much, so I was happy to find better ones. The only problem is that they are cotton....

Gloves the costumes came with

Gloves from Marukai

I know that the gloves should be on the elbow, but I find them more comfortable above it.

Oh, and my mom brought some glasses home the day before yesterday and gave them to us. She said they could probably work for something, but I can't imagine what. XD

Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #2105
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Welcome ja-pyon! ^_^ I too want to know what video game characters you want to do! This year will also be my first time going to AX!

Ose: Thanks! Oh and nice find! I can never really find gloves when I go out so I had to make them for my Mercury cosplay, oh how scary that was for me haha! xD

Awww your cat!!!! Kinda looks like my cat but fluffier(?) xD
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-13-2013 at 07:38 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #2106
ja-pyon

I am a huge mortal kombat fan, but I have like 0 confidence to do Kitana or Jade or Malina. Id probably end up doing Fem Kung Lao since he is my favorite. My best friends love Resident Evil and started up a group for it here in NY but Im not sure yet. They want me to do Christine Yamata aka Four Eyes.

Im doing all 4 days of AX. I probably am driving up on weds afternoon. I have no idea what my line up is going to be but I have most of my costumes done already.

I LOVE DEATH THE KID! He's just soooo quirky with symmetry its lovable. xD

omg your cat has such pretty coloring. its got like mittens D
Anime Weekend Atlanta
New York Comic Con

DA http://ja-pyon.deviantart.com/
ja-pyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #2107
ayaasan

Hello Ja-Pyon!

Annnddd I officially caved...I got this fabric to use for Gumball's tunic instead. I like how the sparkle fabric looks, but I wanted more of a "luxurious" feel, lmao, especially since I found this gorgeous pale pink floral brocade for the sleeve slashing. And since hot pink is the "in" color for this summer, I was able to find a totally awesomesauce leather mini purse on sale at Bass to match for carryin' con stuffs--$12 down from $60 *woohoo!*

I also started watching Regular Show since I subscribed for Netflix...um, yeah, I think a Mordecai hoodie is going to be in the works soon. Also, since I'm bringing Boushh with me to Comikaze and can only wear that costume for short amounts of time, I think Ms. Frizzle will be made soon, too, for my "change-into" costume :3

Ohhh! Kitties! Does this mean I can show off pics of my puppy? I still don't have a pic with her new color--I found this awesome Batman utility belt dog collar at Wondercon ;3
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #2108
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Congrats! :-P You're the real lucky duck, I think.

Maybe you should give independent tutoring a hand? Might make more money that way, who knows?

But maybe Billy will realize it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Maybe. Hopefully. *shakes fist* >8I

Oh, yes. That must be really fun to do! XD It's like a magic trick!

Yes, yes it is. Fortunately, the shipping was cheaper this time, for some reason. Hopefully there will be no more mishaps. >_<

It's all I can think about right now. In fact, I'm tempted to attempt some Vulcan make-up. ^_^; But it's so last-minute, I don't know what to do for the ears.

Bah, again, who are they to say who is a good fan and who isn't? The only thing that matters is that you enjoy whatever you're interested in! After all, it seems that part of the failings of the comic book industry is that it's hard to attract new readers. New readers should be seen as a good thing.

It's a good thing that it still works. :-( Maybe the rust can be treated somehow?

...Well, that's not cool. That only gave you a day to revise everything.

Maybe it will hit during graduation, if you haven't done that yet. ;-)

@Ja-pyon: Hello! (ouo)/
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:28 AM   #2109
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ja-Pyon: Howdy! I'll be wandering AX all the days too. But this will be my third year. :] Hope it's fun for ya.

@Ose: Don't be jealous. Now I have to do real things like a real human. D:

@Ayaasan: I hope you meant collar, not color. xD DON'T DYE YOUR DOG.

@Hearth: Ahaha. No. Now I have be a real person! I don't wanna. But thank you.

Maybe. But I don't know how I'd do it now.

Who knows. xD I'll just wait for the next issue before I start making theories. And one issue closer to having Tommy back. Yay~ EDIT: OMG, THE PREVIEW PAGES FOR THE NEXT ISSUE. I CAN'T HANDLE IT.

Fingers crossed, no more mishaps.

Hide the ears. >_> Hide them behind hair. Yes, good.

Yes they should be. People really shouldn't challenge others on what they like. I DO however, have problems with people who only like something because it is popular. Not that they got INTO it because it was popular, but just that that's their only reason for liking it and not genuine interest. That's where I tend to get annoyed.

Hopefully I can de-rust it. But as long as it keeps working it'll be okay.

Yep, I'm used to this professor though. He's good at doing everything last minute. But I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Graduation is Thursday. :] My parents are out in town and we're doing tourist stuff. Pearl Harbor/ Arizona memorial tomorrow. And shrimp trucks and shave ice. Yum~
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 05-16-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #2110
ayaasan

Tulipe: nope, totally planning on dyeing the dog XD (just kidding, or am I?)

And my Gumball stash is officially complete! I even found this freakin' sweet heavy-weight pink cotton stretch fabric for the pants, which I just need to tint with some purple RIT for the color I'm aiming for. And OMG, guys, I've never sewn silk velvet before since it's so expensive---Imma make about 2 mock-up's in the cheap cotton first 0.0 I'm also going to have a blast making the belt, brooch and crown ;3

EDIT: Wheee! I finally have progress! Silk velvet is gorgeous, but a royal b*tch to work with. I had to back each panel with heavy upholstery fabric for the weight I'm aiming for, and it will also be fully lined. I used antique gold Venice lace, gold bullion, and a metallic gold trim, and I further plan on adding a myriad of blue rhinestones ;3

Now onto the back panels, lining, and the collar. Mainly looking forward to the sleeves though--even planning on adding piping between the slashed panels for extra "oomph". I'm having so much fun going nuts on this costume I can't even...

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-16-2013 at 10:47 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #2111
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Who wants to? >_< Personally, I'm very nervous when that day comes.

I CAN'T HANDLE IT EITHER. D8 UGH, UGH, UGH. Poor, poor Billy. Breaking my heart. :'( Especially when he starts shaking, noooo! 8(( And I couldn't help but look at the IGN previews too. Geez, what is that little snot up to? I can't believe it's only Thursday. I both dread and need to read this issue.

Jacket finally arrived yesterday. It smells funny. xD This is kind of the gist of what everything looks like so far (man, do we have a lot of junk in that living room, eh-heh):

The glasses don't stand out very well, I think...

I didn't end up doing it. :-( I followed several tutorials to learn how to hide eyebrows, but just no talent with make-up, I guess. It's okay. No one else did anything so it might have been really awkward. Movie was awesome though, in my opinion. Had some nice references/parallels in it. n_n

Yeah, that's understandable. I guess they feel like being interested in popular things will help make them popular? Doesn't work for me, rofl. xD But it's okay because I enjoy it regardless.

Congratulations on your graduation! (/ouo)/

Last edited by Hearth : 05-17-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #2112
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: Hahaha "royal" xD the lace looks really nice though!

Hearth: Yay the jacket has finally arrived~!

made a mock up for my Black Rabbit cosplay. Mum is more than happy to help fix it to make it better than this yay!!!!! :'3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #2113
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: Yep, yep!

Oh, yay! That should look really cute. That's very nice of your mom to help you!^^
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #2114
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Hearth: Thanks! On some days I can ask for her help since she's like "knows most about sewing" in my house cause no one else does. I'm still learning pretty much everything and so is my little niece! This surprisingly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I tend to over think things about patterns and stuff xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #2115
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: We'll have to take away your privileges if you start dying animals. xD That's a no-no

@Hearth: The day has come.

AND THEN THEY RELEASED THE COVER FOR ISSUE #9 I DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO READ THIS ANYMORE. I don't need this kind of sadness. D: When he starts shaking it's so sad because you know that he doesn't want to, but he's so far gone mentally and he just thinks this is the only way to make it right that it's just so sad. And we play back into his depression again. I feel like Loki is going to pop in and stop him just so that they still have that hesitant trust in him. Loki needs the powers for something, so he won't just let Billy die- even though he did kind of want him dead in the beginning. Though I still feel like Loki is supposed to be part of the team and it's still too early to get rid of him.

Awww. Aren't you the cutest little Jubilee.

I'll have to check out that movie soon. After my parents take-off.

People are silly with what they'll do for popularity. Oh well.

Thank you! I am a college graduate. (꒪⌓꒪)
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr