Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #2146
ayaasan

Link: Dooo eeet!!! I'd love to have a Zatanna to walk around with :3 I'd also love to get everyone together for our X-Men group, too, since I can't go to Comic Con :/

Unread 05-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #2147
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Her outfit seems pretty easy to do and I think I have a tailcoat pattern around in my house "lost" in some hundred patterns in my mom's stash of patterns xD

When would you want to get the X-Men group together?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-26-2013 at 12:59 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #2148
ayaasan

Anytime this summer, or maybe LBCC? To be honest, I'm still just on the planning stages for Wanda XD I'm working a party today as Merida, and it's basically paying for my fabric order for Wanda and Robin :P
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #2149
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Well hopefully I can go to LBCC too! Even if it's for a day xD I really wanna see all of us as the X-Men women group! ^_^

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #2150
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Short hair is a foreign concept. xD I really do what to cut it though. I'm just afraid of how I'll feel afterwards- aside from lighter!

I'd totally do Miss Martian, since I already have the wig, but I don't know how I'd feel about being painted green. o_o

I can't wait for the X-lady group! We'll be awesome.

And I MIGHT be able to help with Comic-con... But I can't make any promises >_> And even then it might only be a day or so.

Packing is almost done. I hope.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #2151
ayaasan

Tulipe: That would be wonderful if you can I'll get started on Wanda soon, then, just in case. Good thing there's a Memorial Day sale on shoebuy, so I can buy her boots
And Miss Martian would be super easy in terms of painting--just the face and neck. She's wearing gloves, so only some PAX painting on the upper arms or wear tights, and tights for the legs

EDIT: Robin mask just needs a glossy top coat of sealant, and done! Heat molded craft foam, and my first experiment with plastidip, for which I am SOLD! This stuff seriously rocks, and works beautifully as a sealant!

And with the properly styled wig! Squee! This is my first domino mask and I don't even want to take it off XD

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-27-2013 at 12:50 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #2152
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: oh wow you look fantastic! that also reminds me that I'm also gonna have to make a mask for Shadowcat! I'll be blind if someone ask for my photo because I'd have to have my glasses off xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #2153
Hearth
Unregistered User

Uh-oh. Did they just not like the box or what's in it? o_o;;

----

@Link: Thank you! And that would be really cool! There were a lot of other Lokis at the convention, but I don't know how many of them would know that I'm Loki too. xD So, I never asked for pictures, eh-heh.

@Tulipe: Thank you! ^_^

I think another thing is, is that Billy will not be able to be around his parents for awhile. It was kind of like "moving out" in a sense and becoming an adult and more independent. So, I guess that's probably why it didn't feel quite the same way to me.

Well, like you said, light. :-P I've had short hair for most of my life, but I grew it out for awhile during middle school. I felt like I had to use 3x's the conditioner and combing out all those knots was a pain! So, in my opinion, short hair is... liberating. XDD

@Ayasaan: Yep! I had a lot of fun. I even ran into a Miss America Chavez and we had fun with her pretending to beat me up. XD I'm not very good at acting, though. My friend pointed this out to me as well. :-( Aw, man. November seems to far away.

Sure thing! Though, at the moment, I'll admit I'm a bit low on dough. Bought a few drawing commissions over the weekend. xD Ah, it's so cool to be able to buy art from comic book artists! Especially since on Tumblr, a lot of people have been buying original JiM pages, and I always feel that I'm never at the right place at the right time.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #2154
ayaasan

Hearth: Acting is so big deal in cosplay--just have fun and be yourself if you don't want to get in character I tend to get carried away sometimes if I'm a villain character and have to tone it down--think I scared a little kid dressed as Gumball at Wondercon when I was Ice Queen XD

And I ordered my Scarlet Witch boots! I need to finish Gumball before I get started on her, so lets see how much I can get done today.

EDIT: First pic up from the party! Bit overwhelming so many kids, but I had a blast. I'm now on Merida 5.0, lol.

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-29-2013 at 11:19 AM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #2155
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I'm back in California~ Exhausted and sore, but I flew in tonight. :] Just need to wait for my packages to arrive. I think my Rogue wig piece came in. If it did I'll do a make-up/ hair test tomorrow after about 12 hours of sleep. Ahaha.

@Ayasaan: I get a certain number of tickets for being staff. But I usually have to attend a few meetings and I haven't gone to any this year. ^^; So if I get the tickets I'll let you know.

I'll be Miss Martian if someone wouldn't mind helping paint me~!

Your mask looks awesome. It's like magic.

@Hearth: Dunno. Things just seemed so sudden and quick. So I'm worried he's gonna go nuts soon. But I'm always expecting things like that for Billy.

I've never had a problem with knots and stuff. I mean, when I was younger sure cuz I didn't care. But I'm mostly annoyed with it because I don't do anything with it and it's just in the way all the time. So annoying. Ugh.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #2156
ayaasan

Current dilemma for Scarlet Witch-- shiny vinyl for the bustier and gloves? Or matte poly satin for the bustier with vinyl gloves? Or a combo including matte spandex gloves? :/ My final decision will determine the fabric I use for the cape. I see A LOT of Scarlet Witch cosplayers use vinyl for everything, and while it looks awesome, I'm hoping it doesn't give off a "fetishy" type vibe :P

@Tulipe: that would be AMAZING if you could even just for a day I'd owe you as many science center tickets as you'd like, and I can also get my hands on a Sea World comp pass, Air and Space Museum tickets, or even tickets for a new play at the Old Globe. Or even lessons! I'll help with Rogue!
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #2157
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: I say matte poly satin for the bustier and matte spandex for the gloves!

Tulipe: We're painting Tulipe green~! The little song would have gone better if the color was red xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #2158
ayaasan

Link: I'm leaning more toward the matte poly satin myself, but these boots are making me want to use the vinyl. I might order a test swatch of both fabrics to see which I want more.

I also got Wanda's thigh-high hooker heels today XD Should be getting the wig tomorrow or Saturday. All I really have to actually MAKE for this costume is the bustier, the head-piece and the cape, and then I'm ordering the gloves and unitard :P
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #2159
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Oh lovely boots! Now I think at least the gloves should be vinyl as well! It'll go well with boots and all

I wish I could work on Shadowcat and Zatanna now xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #2160
ayaasan

What, what? Lookit what I found in my fabric stash! I had 2 yards of this gorgeous cranberry crepe back satin that would be perfect for lining Wanda's cape! Contrasting is a sample of the fabric I'm planning on using for the bustier.

Thinking of using a matte satin for the cape/cowl in a slightly darker red than the bustier, and maybe a silk dupioni for the front panels of the bustier.... but what I really need is to go fabric shopping! :3 Can't wait until my next day off. Also, definitely going with the vinyl gloves. I think it'll tie everything together