Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #2176
F1shookah

Today at f1shookah check us out on Instagram street fighter 4 battle royale! Ps3 ! Any street fighter cosplay players stop by and have some fun!! 619 251 7699 join us we are looking to host weekly cosplay here at f1shookah ! Have a few ladies who want to cosplay but need some help
F1shookah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #2177
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Oh well, I didn't get a bank account soon enough to get the tickets anyway. I might go up for a day at least if I follow my photographer friends :] And if I get the day off.

You'll make a great Sif, I wanted to cosplay her once but- I don't think I could do any of her outfits. Aha.

How CUTE your little headband thingy! Mama Wanda~!

@Hearth: Apparently we're doing Young Justice now. xD Party.

Thank yoooooooooou. For all comments. :] It's good to be back.

@Ose: It's best not to challenge the machine too much. They end up turning on you when you need them the most. Aha.

I don't think you'll have a problem making it last. You'd be surprised how much you can get out of beginner machines.

Do test runs with cheaper fabric. :] That way you know how to do it and it won't be as bad if you make a mistake.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #2178
Hearth
Unregistered User

Whee, just finished my last final. Well, kinda. I still have an online, open-book final that I have three days to complete which opens tomorrow. XD

@Ayaasan: I never watched them, but I looked up a video and he does. xD How funny! The farthest back I have read so far is the Walter Simonson run. Beta Ray Bill returned in the latest issue of JiM.

Haha! The moment I read your post about cosplaying Sif, the first thing that popped into my head was, "I have to show her the outfit on that variant cover! I have a feeling she'll love it." ;-)

@Ose: The good thing is that you probably won't ever have to go through that again. Isn't that grand? I wonder why we even grow wisdom teeth? o_o ... Just looked it up and apparently modern humans have smaller jaws, which no longer have enough space to compensate for wisdom teeth. Interesting.

@Tulipe: My roommate actually wants me to dress up as Artemis. Since she'll be cosplaying Cheshire. Not sure if there is enough time to have that done, though.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #2179
ayaasan

Whelp, just finished drafting Wanda's bustier/Playboy Bunny Suit :P This thing was a HUGE pain to draft, and I'm so excited that it turned out. Obviously needs some tweaking, which is why I'm using this cotton fabric from my stash first

Fabric and corset making supplies should arrive by the end of the day. YAY!! Might make the cape tonight, since I've already drafted the pattern, and then get started on the bustier tomorrow. After the cape and bustier, just need to order leggings (doing the bodysuit later for cooler weather) and gloves and I'm done!~

EDIT: AAAAAHHH!!! Fabric just arrived and it's PERFECT!! I swear, I'm never going back to casa satin now that I know about Duchess satin--it's less expensive, and heavier-weight/better quality. Everything also arrived in a 5' box--the vinyl was on a bolt :P

Also, a quick preview shot of Lady Sif's headpiece--

The "feathers" are going to be super glossy mirror finish silver foil Going movie-inspired for this one, since I LOVE the little details ;3

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Colonial Jack Frost (RotG)
Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan)
Rogue (90's animated X-Men)
Rita Skeeter (Harry Potter)
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Shield Maiden Eowyn (LotR)
Thronecoming Madeline Hatter (EAH)
Ms. Frizzle (Magic School Bus)
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #2180
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: you had a day off when me and Tulipe were finally in Balboa! xD bunny suit....reminds me that I have to do that for Poison Ivy :O looks really nice though and so does the headpiece for Lady Sif! How many yards of vinyl did ya buy?

I have no update really, just working on my sailor boots. Evil things they are xD Gotta attach the skirt to the hip roll and then attach that to leotard and Tulipe evilt reminded me about the evil sleeves O_O

look my cat's asleep xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #2181
ayaasan

Link: Kitty! And look how excited he is! XD
I ordered 1.5 yards of vinyl for the bustier--I only need a yard, but I figured an extra half just in case. Turns out, I got the remnant roll and I now have an extra two yards for free. *pluh* What on earth am I going to use shiny red vinyl for other than Wanda? >.<;

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #2182
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Congrats on mostly finishing all your finals! xD And Good luck on that last one.

I don't know how we suddenly became Young Justice too. But we should all do it and make one day at Comikaze. If I get the time I've got the ride. ;]

@Ayaasan: What are you making the headpiece out of? I've been wondering how to make Wiccan's headband.

I finally got a California bank account today! So I can buy the gloves and leggings for Rogue now! Gonna do that this week~
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #2183
ayaasan

Tulipe: I'm using EVA foam since it's just a headband "thing", lol. I plan on layering the thicker foam with strips of thinner for the head-band itself. I normally would use plastic, but I like using this method more for detailed work.

And think this cape will be full enough? :P I used a half circle pattern that I drafted and roughly 8 yards including lining of 54" duchess satin fabric. Not including the cowl/turtle-neck "thing", this thing already weighs in at around 5 pounds o.0 (And I totally safety pinned the outside layer on and ran around the yard yesterday--I've never had such a full cape before, hahahaha)

EDIT: cape is DONE! It took a LOT longer than I thought it would, mostly due to never-ending seams since I also top-stitched everything for it to look more crisp. (Rewound the bobbin twice!) Wanda also has a neck cowl in a few variants, and since Billy has a similar look I thought it'd be cute to match :3

Please excuse my frumpiness-- I've been working on this friggin' cape all day and stayed in my comfy exercise clothes XP

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-11-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #2184
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Do you think using that for Billy's headband would work too? I've never even heard of that before! I'm so bad at names/types of things. I'm just like "Oh this looks like it'll work."

Your cape is amazing, and so cute we're gonna match. I just love capes.

I really should get started on Billy. I'll get my friend to make the jewel things on his armbands out of resin. And figure out what I wanna make the braces themselves out of. xD

I've decided to try to dye the gloves and leggings myself. I'd LOVE to get the ones from Welovecolors but I can't afford to spend $50 on just those. When I don't have a job and very little money and I still need to make the rest of her outfit.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #2185
ayaasan

@Tulipe: EVA foam is just craft foam--you can get it at Michaels and Joanns Just be sure to seal it with either the 50/50 glue and water method in about 7-8 coats, or use about 2-3 coats of plastidip before painting. It would probably work beautifully for Billy's headpiece, just be sure to back it with some fabric for durability and comfort

Also, just got the original Power Rangers movie soundtrack--it's totally my theme music for sewing Wanda right now XD

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #2186
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Oh... Well I feel dumb. Ahaha. I can make things, just don't ask me what it was made out of. xD

I want to start working on my stuff but my sewing machine still hasn't arrived. Supposed to this weekend so fingers crossed I'll be able to start working.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #2187
ayaasan

Whelp, since I need Wondie for an upcoming event, I figure it's time to upgrade...AGAIN, lol. I'm going to go for more of a classic approach this time around. I'm commissioning the booty shorts from etsy, and completely re-making the armor with new techniques that I've learned. Also completely re-making the corset into a proper "waist-cinching" one in more of a darker matte satin. Wish me luck--I'll be working on her and Wanda along with a commission on my next few days off!~

EDIT: Wanda's bustier pattern is finished, and everything is cut out. Lets see how far I can get tomorrow I also ordered the gloves and leggings, so Wanda's almost done!!~

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-16-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #2188
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

My sewing machine came in yesterday. :] I'm so happy~ I can get back to work!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #2189
ayaasan

Tulipe: yay!!! And quick, post something! Your post #!! :P

I'm ALMOST done with Scarlet Witch! I just need to sew the satin lining, add the grommets, and start binding everything together. I'm actually crazy happy with this corset vinyl :3 This thing took a grand total of 24 spiral steel bones and 4 steel stays o.0

Once Scarlet is done, I'm 100% devoting my time to finishing Gumball. I finally finished the tunic itself, now I just need to line it, add the "skirt" to the bottom of it, and get started on the collar and sleeves. After that, it's just the pants, crown, belt and capelet.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #2190
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Oh goodness. xD Well this will fix that.

Progress, I started painting my kimono today. I LOVE painting but it's hell on my back and my head hurts so that doesn't help. Oops.

I really should have put that middle circle lower down. But, oh well!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr