Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #2191
Ose_93
is under your bed

@ayaasan: I can't wait to see what Gumball will look like when he is done. <3

@Tulipe: Congrats on getting your sewing machine. C:

The kimono looks great so far. And good job painting those circles. Circles don't always look correct when I draw them. XD

Hope your back feels better. Did you just have to crane your neck downward the entire time?

Cosplay Plans:

Kishitani Shinra
Okumura Yukio
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #2192
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ose: Thanks! The circles are a bit wonky. But since it'll be conforming to my body I'm not too worried about how good they are. xD Yeah. I lean over and get as close as possible to the fabric so it's more like I'm in a full body crouch.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #2193
Hearth
Unregistered User

Gee, wow. After graduating, I just felt like sleeping everyday. Guess I'm trying desperately to catch up on all that lost sleep from studying for finals and whatnot, haha.

Anywho, new Loki headpiece made by the wonderful Ayaasan. ;-) Modeled by my bat for the moment because I took the tunic part to the tailor's (and I'm waiting for a new hood):

Bloop.

It fits perfectly. ;_; I'm so happy, haha.

Hopefully I'll have proper pictures soonish. xD; One thing I realized from looking at the pictures at PCC is that the tunic was pretty baggy in some places, especially in the back (don't know why I didn't realize it sooner). Hopefully the tailor can fix it, but I'm really concerned about how the gold trim will look like in the back afterward. :-(

And the pictures also made me realize that I should probably learn more about makeup. n_n; I never really started dabbling with it until recently when one of my friends showed me a couple of things, but that's about it.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #2194
ayaasan

Hearth: YAY!!! I'm so happy you like it~! And I definitely want pictures once the costume is back from the tailors!

And make-up party!

I also got Gumball's purple suede shoes in the mail yesterday--they're adorable, and make my size 6 feet look SUPAH tiny like the cartoon. haha! Also, I'm on the look-out for ridiculous socks to wear with him, because I totally know he would wear 'em--any suggestions? :P

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-21-2013 at 10:41 AM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #2195
Ose_93
is under your bed

@Hearth: that looks great! I'm glad that it fits you well. Good job ayaasan. C:

I hope you can bring it in some. I don't think it should be a problem though. And I also need to learn about makeup. XD

I don't wear any; the only time I did was for a Hibari Kyouya cosplay. And even then all I did was put powder on. I think eyeliner would have been nice, too.

Cosplay Plans:

Kishitani Shinra
Okumura Yukio
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #2196
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I ran out of white paaaaaaaaint. Ugh. Trip to the store for me. D: I'm so sick of these circles, but it must be done! Plus then I have to paint an apron, so there's that. Almost ready for AX.

@Hearth: I feel you. In the beginning it was all trying to get back to the right time zone so I had to force myself up no later than 10:00 which is 7:00 Hawaii time. I rolled slowly out of bed those days.

@Ayaasan: Make-up party and sewing party? 8D You need to get some outrageous pink socks. I was looking but all I could find were ones that would clash pretty bad. xD And they shouldn't be so outrageous that they make the outfit weird. Unless that's what you want! http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAUREN...item20d447afc5 :P

@Ose: You're planning to go to AX? Only one day? We should totally do a mini-meet up. I'll be wearing that kimono on Sunday so I shouldn't be hard to spot, and I should have Link with me. :] Unless she runs off.

Oh make-up. Maaaaaaake-up. Ugh. The bane of my existence. Not really. Oddly enough before I only had make-up when I did my cosplay of male characters. Actually, in the beginning I ONLY cosplayed male characters. It always worried my mother that the make-up I bought was for a guy. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not. I have this problem of my eyes watering when I laugh, like to the point of looking like I'm crying, and make-up is such a pain- especially since I buy the cheap stuff. You gotta be very careful with it especially if you're not used to it. I used to smudge it all the time because I forgot it was there and my eye itched. I don't wear it in my day-to-day just for cosplay.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #2197
ayaasan

I LOVE playing with makeup! I actually wear a pin-up inspired look on a day-to-day basis sans false lashes :3 And I'm learning even more techniques so that I can pull off the pink body paint for Gumball :P

Tulipe: The socks won't be seen except for little glimpses when I'm walking, so clashing, ridiculous, etc.--the more the better I'm leaning toward these: [1] [2] [3]
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #2198
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I love that light '40's style make-up. I just don't have the motivation to do it everyday. xD My friend was going to tell me about THEIR friend's technique so that I can be painted green for Miss Martian.

Unicorns. You have to do the unicorns.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #2199
ayaasan

Tulipe: Done. Just ordered the purple unicorns And is it bad that I just keep imagining Barney from HIMYM when I'm working on this costume? Diamond studded suit!!
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #2200
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: There better be at least one picture of Gumball showing off his socks! Ahaa. Suit up!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #2201
Ose_93
is under your bed

@Tulipe: That sounds cool. ^^

And I wear my mom's makeup, since I only ever wear it for cosplay, so it doesn't smudge. She has high quality stuff. :3

Cosplay Plans:

Kishitani Shinra
Okumura Yukio
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #2202
ayaasan

Oh, my glob! I have progress!! lol XD

I fully lined this top bodice with velour. Totally yummy, but definitely a winter costume :P I'm also totally in love with the peacock Venice lace I found in purple for the collar trim and the pink silk brocade for the sleeve slashing :3

EDIT: taking advantage of a day off tomorrow and I'm going to re-make my Wonder Woman belt and chest armor to be more Terry Dodson-esque. I'm also making her a brand-new corset with the left-over muted red duchess satin from Wanda's cape Now I'll have two Wondie costumes! One that's more conservative for parties, and another that's more Justice League Unlimited accurate

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #2203
YohK
Always Aquire the Target.

La Jolla cosplayer!
>_> alone in all my endeavors

Tumblr
YohK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #2204
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Beautiful as always. Can't wait to see updated Wonder Woman. I MAY have some news for you- I'm just waiting on an e-mail.

@Yohk: Hello there! :]
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #2205
ayaasan

@Tulipe. Thanks! :3 Although I'm also making a simpler design for Gumball for just walking around the convention center :P (I'm using reverse hot pink poly-satin lined with matte pale pink satin for this version--it looks like candy!!~) And *crosses fingers*

And I'm trying my darnedest, but I don't think I'll have Wanda done in time for the summer...bummer, man I'm working with a lovely commissioner in LA for my bustier since I really needed help, and they're all booked until August *boo*

So, new summer costume is Dodson's Wonder Woman!~ Just ordered my booty shorts, and started working on the new armor.
Going for his signature SUPER glossy look, so I just added the first layer of gesso