Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #2221
ayaasan

Hearth: I LOVE it! You're making me want to read more of Young Justice now...I don't have another day off until Thursday, and I definitely need to make a Comic Book Store run.

Yay! I'm alive, lol. Lets see how enthusiastic I am after tomorrow, though--it's Free Tuesday... in JULY. Can I just shoot myself in the foot now? It'd be less painful >.<

I'm almost done with my new Wonder Woman corset, and I got my booty shorts--which are freakin' sweet!~ My new Wondie cuffs should also be in by the end of the week--I found someone to do the mirror effect I've been wanting, since she has access to the rather expensive materials/tools. I also want to re-make the belt, but since I'm on a time crunch and I'd rather spend the money on Scarlet, Robin and Gumball...Jim Lee belt it is! (It is technically cannon to JLU!~) Wheee! I can't wait to wear her for the superhero event I'm attending

And Black Canary. Man, she's been my favorite (easily a tie between her and Wally) since I was little. I actually prefer Dinah's mother's golden age incarnation of the costume best, since it includes a domino mask and it's a bit more "campy" :P You could totally get away with layering some nice and thick dance tights or leggings and fish-nets

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #2222
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth that looks AMAZING. And so cute. :] Lonely because I always prefer cosplaying in groups. xD I dunno why.

@Ayaasan: I'll give it a try. I don't think her outfit would be too difficult. But, I gotta make sure to get Rogue and Wiccan done first~

Two more days and I leave for AX. I did a bad thing and went outside without sunscreen and I'm burned to all hell. Though at the swap meet I met a guy who took my picture at Comic-con last year. Ha. And I got a free lucky tiki but so far he hasn't given me much luck. :[ My painting is almost done, I should finish tomorrow right on time.
Quick preview, cut off my face because I'm such a sunburned mess.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #2223
ayaasan

Tulipe: That looks amazing! *claps* The paint-job is beautiful!

And I was browsing through Natasha Allegri's tumblr (the character designer for Adventure Time) and...I really shouldn't have, lol. I have no clue when I'd have time--maybe Wonder-Con next year?--, but I am in love with Pop Rocks Princess!!~ Getting to work with new mediums to create the rocks, and LEDS? Yes, please!
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #2224
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ayaa: Yay! That will be great! Unfortunately, they're cancelling Journey Into Mystery, if you were thinking about picking that up. The last issue will be in August. :-( Still, the issues that they did put out are still worth reading, in my opinion. Fortunately, to forget my sorrows, there will be two issues of Young Avengers this month.

Free Tuesday? What do you do?

Mirror cuffs? Man, that sounds awesome.

Aha, I wasn't familiar with the domino-mask look, and happened to stumble on this image while looking:

@Tulipe: Thanks to some talented people. (ouo)/ I'm so excited for SDCC, especially since July has finally rolled around. Hopefully it will make working all of those extra hours worth it.

Ah, did you mean the use the wig for another cosplay for AX? *scratches head* If so, my suggestion was totally off the wall, sorry.

Great job! Did you free-hand the circles? Sorry to hear about the sunburn, though... hope that it heals up quickly.

@Ayaa: Oh, goodness. I follow her on Tumblr, haha. She's crazy in a very interesting way. Though, kind of awkward to see familiar characters thrust in more grown-up situations. XD
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #2225
ayaasan

^At the comic, haha! I totally remember seeing that before :P
And I work at the Science Museum in Balboa Park--come by sometime and I can get ya in for free and a movie!~-- and our free day is this upcoming Tuesday. July is the worst of the year--lines out and around the fountain, highest theft rate day of the year besides December Nights, and without fail some of the rudest customers you'll have to deal with all summer

And I just finished "sandwiching" the duchess satin shell and coutil together for WW, yay! Just need to sew together the lining, bind everything and add the grommets~
Also, I feel old, haha. Even though it was waaay before my era, I grew up with the old school marvel and DC--as in golden age cartoon serials, Adam West Batman and Linda Carter WW. My little sister actually asked me why Wondie would be spinning for a Lego kit she's working on :P I mean, come on!
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #2226
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Thank you~ I'm proud of it despite the fact I'll be having nightmares about circles for weeks. Link and I wanted to stop buy your work the other day to say hi but it was your day off. D:

@Hearth: I'm looking forward to CC to meet new people~

No, not for another AX cosplay I've got plenty for AX. I just didn't know what else to use that wig for, didn't want it to go to waste, especially since it got cut already.

Thank you! Well for the circles I originally had a stencil but I kept messing up with it, so I just used it to get the size of the circle and freehanded the rest. Some of them are completely freehanded because I got tired of the stencil~

I'm painting another kimono and it's almost done. xD Tada.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 07-02-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #2227
ayaasan

I survived! Yay! I'm too beat to work on WW tonight, so I'll finish that costume on my next day off. I also decided to go with my gut instinct and make Gumball more cartoony but with added detailed elements...I just love outlandish cartoon designs, I can't help myself, haha! (I LOVE the velvet and rhinestone Venice lace...but I thought it went too far from the original design) Sooo...going with a combination of the glitter satin and a slightly lighter pink duchess satin for the tunic that will be fully lined in a dull pink poly satin. Plus, if I have a simpler front without the Venice Lace, I can make the blue and pink lacey apron and do a shoot baking in the kitchen :3
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #2228
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ayaa: Ugh, that sounds terrible. >_< Your workplace is doing a nice thing offering free admission and people take advantage of it. That really sucks. The museum seems really cool, though. It would be awesome to visit sometime.

My dad started recording the Adam West Batman shows on our DVR. It's kind of hilarious how every object has to have "bat" in front of it. Like this fireman pole they slid down was the "bat-pole." XD

@Tulipe: Well, hopefully something will come to mind. b(ouo) Maybe this list can help:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/one...erheroes/43069

Mockingbird might be cool too. :-D

Gee, everyone makes such quick progress, it's quite cool.

Is it hard to buy the exclusives at Comic-con? I suppose it depends on the particular item in question.

Last edited by Hearth : 07-04-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #2229
ayaasan

Hearth: Adam West Batman was the shizz when I was little. I mean, he punched a shark! XD I didn't start to appreciate the "Dark Knight" until later, since he was all "broody" and "scary" to me when I was little which equated to boring, lol. (Which is hearsay now, lol) I actually grew up as more of a Superman fan--back when the Adventures of Lois and Clark was on, and we still had cartoons after school :/

And *drumroll* Currently waiting on my new resin star gem for the tiara, and the mirror cuffs, and Wonder Woman is DONE! I even made a detachable skirt ala Linda Carter for colder events or when I feel like being more modest ~

Now I need to MASSIVELY clean my sewing room--it pretty much exploded in here 0.0

EDIT:
I wanted a simple project to work on after making my sewing room explode, and since I'm getting to work on Gumball full-time I figured I'd make his apron! I'm going to make a huge bow with interfacing that'll snap on in the back, and then I'll be hand-painting the kitty-cat face ;3 Gumball is most DEFINITELY the most masculine person EVAR

Just thought I'd throw a inquiry out there before heading to the prop forums--anyone know where I'd be able to get toy food? I want to get cream puffs and carry 'em around on a tray for GB without having to resort to making them from model magic. I know how to make some killer diller real ones, since custards are my specialty for desserts, but I don't want 'em getting melty and groady at the con, haha.

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-05-2013 at 05:32 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #2230
Ose_93
is under your bed

Wonderful work, guys. The outfits look so amazing. e ue

2014 Cosplay Plans:

Anime Expo:
Rin Okumura
Gilbert Beilschmidt

(Find a way to Y-Con)
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #2231
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Back home from AX! Tired but can't sleep just yet! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil: DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #2232
ayaasan

Link: Welcome back!!! Now commence with the pictures!

And I was originally going to use my normal method of craft foam for GB's crown...and then I found Perfect Tommy on etsy--this baby is SOLID plastic with a custom gem and I plan on ordering the matching gem set for the brooch and belt buckle. It's movie quality, and I'm so happy!!! Combining an amazing wig commission, these fantabulous accessories and the tunic I'm sewing...squeee!!! So excited!~

Unread 07-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #2233
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Back. It was such a hectic weekend but a lot of fun. I posted a bunch of pictures of my kimonos as works in progress but now I have pictures of them fully completed and worn. Yaay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...pscc166e4d.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps76501d4b.jpg

So happy, so tired. Have a sore throat. Uggh.

@Hearth: Thanks! :] I'll look through the list. It's not super difficult to get exclusives if you know where they are. And some of them are harder than others, yes.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 07-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #2234
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Will do once I get home from picking up my sister's kids from school! Unless Tulipe beats me to them xD

Aaaaannnnnddddd she beat me to it haha xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil: DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #2235
ayaasan

Tulipe: Welcome back! And the kimonos look gorgeous

Resin star gem arrived, and I went ahead and made a back-up pair of cuffs for WW, just in case the ones I ordered don't arrive in time. They're not mirror-finish, but they're pretty close :P

Oh, and what hotel did y'all stay at? I'm doing my research at the moment for Comikaze and I'd love to hear some opinions :3

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote