Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #2311
ayaasan

EDIT: Pfft...nevermind! I'm just going to suck it up. I can't pass up the opportunity to get some pics in that Ice King castle :P Sorry if I'm being confusing, lol.

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #2312
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: BE CAREFUL.

@Ayaasan: Your Jedi is so cute.

Tomorrow ladies! Where are we meeting? When? After shift for lunch? Or maybe at 7:00 when the hall closes? Hearth I know you gotta drive back and forth so maybe not so late. Let me know, text me!
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #2313
ayaasan

Yay!! I got to meet up with Tulipe today My babies!!~
I ended up leaving a bit early because I was so tired and couldn't really shop when I was stopped every foot for pictures >.< Now I have to clean my room--it looks like it exploded in there because I was already working on two projects when I pulled out Ice Queen...and then IQ's makeup got glitter and crystals EVERYWHERE 0.0

And I still owe Tulipe snickerdoodles--I'll have 'em the next time we meet up for sure
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #2314
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Yay! I'm glad we ran into each other then before you left. :] Mm. Cookies.

I saw both Hearth and Ayaasan today, but I lost Hearth at the Marvel booth and she never responded back so I hope she's okay. ;-; I'm worried.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 07-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #2315
Hearth
Unregistered User

Heya! (ouo)/ I wish I could have seen you Ayaa!

Sorry, Tulipe. x_X While I was standing in line to get on stage, my phone died. And there were so many people that I had no idea how to find you. In fact, I ran around for hours because I couldn't find /anyone/ without my phone. Stupid me for not remembering my charger. I actually bought a charger from 7/11 but it didn't work! I hope I can get my money back somehow.

Aha, anyway, when I got on the stage, the announcer guy called me "Lady Loki." It shouldn't be a big deal... he can't be expected to know every character (and, well, technically they are the same character), but I kind of stopped smiling when he said that - I guess I felt kind of embarrassed, especially since there was a Lady Loki pretty much right before me and you could see we look way different. xD;; Then he asked me what I was holding (the Thor pillow I bought). When I got off the stage, some guy said, "Don't worry. Everyone else knew who you were and what you were holding." Haha. In fact, when he said "Lady Loki" someone from the audience said, "No, it's Kid Loki!"

Last edited by Hearth : 07-20-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #2316
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Aww. Darn! I promise we were still IN the Marvel booth. When you left the stage we looked around for you but couldn't find you. We thought they were keeping all the cosplayers in one section so we stayed but then when they called the group back up you weren't there. o_o We didn't know what happened.

Don't feel embarrassed those people were idiots. I mean, they knew some different characters but they were making a lot of mistakes. Like when she said one girl was movie Black Widow and she wasn't. And stupid little things like that. We were actually the ones shouting "It's Kid Loki!" xD We were screaming it cuz he's a dumbass. I mean there might have been others, but I know we were doing it. And then they were idiots saying like "Oh she's taking a picture of herself/ the audience" I was like you are all morons get out of the Marvel booth. But they made a lot of stupid mistakes, so don't feel bad. D:
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #2317
ayaasan

Hearth: I wish I could have stayed a bit longer, but I had to get home :/ A fun group outing needs to happen before Comikaze

Geeze..these people WORK for Marvel and don't even know the characters? Maybe they should..I don't know...get someone to host who knows their stuff? Such a novel concept...>.< At least the real fans knew, and that's what really matters

Now I have to get things ready for Mickey's Halloween Party. I'm arguing between wearing Merida and my Jedi Knight. I also got my resin molds for GB's gems, woohoo!

Also, you gals have ruined me--they released a new Wonder Woman zip-up hoodie at Comic Con, and the star pattern on the sleeves immediately made me think of Miss America Chavez :P Which prompted me to buy said hoodie, lol.

EDIT: found my first pic of Ice Queen!~

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-20-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #2318
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I know, right? They knew such random characters but didn't know that it was KID Loki and not LADY Loki. I mean, there's such a difference. You would have been closer just to say plain Loki. And Yaya talked mostly about herself the whole time, and jumped in a few pictures with people. :/

Miss America! Are we converting you to the Young Avengers side?
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #2319
Hearth
Unregistered User

While waiting in line, all the other people working at the Marvel booth seemed to know who I was. Just not the clowns on the stage. XD The photoshoot should serve its purpose by putting the spotlight on the cosplayers...

YES! When I saw that Wonder Woman hoodie, I thought Miss America Chavez as well. I wonder if it's possible to convert it into a MAC hoodie?

Didn't really do too much today. Waited in the Lego line for the Green Arrow raffle... when the raffle was drawn, one of the number ranges started at 9,401. I had ticket 9,370-something. x( I can't believe such a little figure is going for $300+ on eBay!

Buuuttt... I met Todd Nauck again and he drew Green Arrow for me, which I think is 1,000,000x's more satisfying than having the Lego figure would have been, ha. And I had Saint Walker drawn for me by Tom Nguyen. Guess I was on a DC-kick.

Then I bought some Pokemon stuff. xD; Pretty much it!
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #2320
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I had fun today! Today was the first year my sister's kids got to cosplay at Comic-Con and it was my 2nd year! I even got to see Tulipe 3 times haha xD I looked around for a bit before I went to the Marriott since I was this "tradition" thing where I need to go play Just Dance xD

I wish I could have seen you guys (Hearth and Ayaasan) someday we will though!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 02:04 AM   #2321
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Comic-con is over. I'm so glad I got to meet everyone. And I took a picture of everyone to keep forever. 8D Am I creepy yet.

I need a job, something fierce. Nothing I applied for even got me a phone call. :[ Real life is haaaard.

@Hearth: I was disappointed with all the workers at the Marvel booth. They handled things poorly, were troublesome and always stood in the way of things. Like, if you aren't involved in the event step off to the side. So many times I tried to take pictures of the booth and there would be a worker just standing in front of the displays. Not doing anything. Like, obviously people want to take pictures of this, you need to move. And then the Captain America signing was like an hour late, and they kept letting up friends and stuff that would stand in the way, so I couldn't even SEE them until I was right there. And then they kept saying "No pictures" or "No pictures with them" and keep moving and then other people were like "I got hugs and pictures and everything" And I was like you can't just let other people do things and then rush everyone else, that's unfair we all waited the same amount of time. And at the Thor one my friend got pushed around and AGAIN all the workers and people were in the way. Not everyone got tickets for the signing they waited there for pictures, MOVE. I was disappointed in the way that the Marvel booth handled things. Plus there were like three lines all the time and no one knew which line was for which because they didn't tell anyone anything. There would be double signings and then lines for the store and THEN the live blogging. It was just awful, I was disappointed. Their lack of knowledge too was bad and I was disappointed in the lack of professionalism from Yaya. I realize she didn't WORK there but she was a host, that didn't mean 'talk about myself the whole time' and jump into the cosplayers pictures. They get to be in the spotlight right now, not you.

But, I got to 'meet' the Captain America crew. Got an autograph and a couple pictures. My friend camped out at the Marvel booth and got some amazing pictures of Tom Hiddleston. Some cool swag, and some great experiences. Definitely one of my best conventions.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #2322
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: Yeah! Hopefully at Comikaze. (ouo)d

@Tulipe: Yay! I think it would only start getting creepy if you started making a shrine with the pictures or something. xD Would love to see them!

Lines? What lines? Everything looked like a giant mob, heh. I remember seeing huge swarms, so I guess what I saw were the signings taking place. I guess Yaya is so used to attention that it started going to her head.

I had a lot of fun! I know I already talked about some of this, but here it is in one place.

We didn't get into Preview night until 8 because we had the hardest time with traffic and with finding the parking structure... which ended up being full so we had to park in an open lot. Didn't really accomplish anything, but I was really impressed with all the booths in the exhibit hall, and this is where I met Tulipe in person for the first time. b(ouo)

Thursday was the day I went to see the Ender's Game panel, and I got to kind of see Harrison Ford. It was kind of funny because, before the Ender's Game panel, Summit had a panel for another movie, Divergent. During the Q&A session, this one guy came up to the mic and said something around the lines of, "I'm a very big fan of Ender's Game..." And someone had to go in and cut the mic. xD Some of the day was spent waiting in lines for a couple of exclusives.

Friday my friend and I waited in Ballroom 20 to see the Legend of Korra panel. No luck making it in for that panel, but we were able to get in to see the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one. During a Q&A session, someone asked Whedon, "Can we see a clip?" And Whedon was like, "Due to legal issues, we couldn't show a clip... so we're showing the whole first episode!" I really enjoyed it. Got to hang out with Tulipe a bit... then got lost during the Marvel photoshoot thing because the crowds were crazy and my phone died. Being lost wasn't TOO bad because I got stopped for pictures a lot, which didn't happen in Phoenix. However, I was really frustrated that no one working the con could help me. I mean, what would happen if a child got lost? o_O

When I was Jubilee on Saturday, I started getting a massive headache while waiting in the Ballroom 20 line. I think it was from wearing the wig. It got so bad that I left the line (even though I was near the end, but I didn't think I was going to get into the panels I wanted), then retreated to my car to take the wig off and to take a nap to sleep it off. x_o I put it on again, but I positioned the wig cap so the elastic band was slightly behind my hairline and I tried stretching it out first. It seemed to help. Can't really remember anymore details of that day, but I found the booth Tulipe was working at to see her Rogue!

Some stuff I didn't mention about Sunday... near the end, I was walking with my friend and got stopped by some security guard and he placed his hands on me to move me out of the way of... something. I'm not sure what. But I started walking the same direction again because I really didn't want to be separated from my friend and have a repeat of Friday. Then another security guard stopped me and I got a bit upset because my friend was walking the same direction and I couldn't understand why I wasn't allowed to try and follow her. Admittedly, I yelled something around the lines of, "All I want to do is catch up to my friend!" I felt bad for yelling. I shouldn't have been a big deal out of it because my phone wasn't dead this time, and the exhibit hall was closing anyway. x_X;

Anyway, apparently my friend accidentally ended up being in line for FOX and got that poster tube and a shirt. She was really excited to see what poster she got... only to find out there was no poster at all. The tube was empty.

Other than getting some commissions drawn, I showed my friend that Hulk pillow and I knew she would buy it. xD She loved the Harley Quin too, but, since it was LE, it was more expensive.

EDIT: Re-reading this, you probably wouldn't think that I had fun. xD;; But I did, I swear! I felt like this was a lot more fun than Phoenix.

Think I found a picture of Ayaa.

Last edited by Hearth : 07-22-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #2323
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Haha yes I'm still trying to hint my family that I want to go for my birthday! xD So hopefully someone will tell me that they'll buy my ticket but if not I'll buy it for myself! Either way it's what I want to do on my birthday instead of nothing ^_^

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #2324
ayaasan

Hearth: yay! That's me! Thank-you :3

And *drumroll* the theme has been announced as X-Men for our Halloween theme this year at the Fleet!~ Would any of you lovely ladies like to participate in a skit with me and my coworkers, just for funsies? I can give out comp passes and I'd be more than happy to share the sweets that I make every year.

I also have to whip up a fleece beanie tonight. Wish me luck!~

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-22-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #2325
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: And we should go out and celebrate! \(ouo)/

@Ayaa: Found another pic on Rotten Tomatoes.

Sounds awesome! I'd still love an excuse to dress up on Halloween. xD

---

Yay! Finally found a picture of me at the convention with a Miss America Chavez.

Last edited by Hearth : 07-23-2013 at 05:06 PM.