Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #2416
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Awww! Koa looks so, so precious! ;~; It's really good knowing that the surgery isn't going to be as expensive as you thought. There are some programs that help people who need some assistance affording veterinary care. I think that the fact that you pretty much took Koa off the streets would help you get assistance because you're giving her a new home and whatnot. b(ouo)

@Wannabe: Hi, Wannabe! I don't really read manga or watch anime, unfortunately. I'm lame.

@Ayaa: Oh, yay! Robin's cape looks wonderful~ *_*

@TheSDBux: Whoa, a Clayface cosplay is very ambitious. It would be very unique for sure! No one else on this site seems to have attempted him.

Oh, yay! How we met our pets story time? 8D I've always wanted an orange cat ever since I was little, but I was allergic and my parents wouldn't allow it. My old house was two-stories and it had a balcony. For a couple of years, there was this pigeon couple that would make a nest in the balcony.

We were hosting this Indonesian couple for awhile, and we were upstairs watching home videos. Then the wife goes, "Ah! A cat!" I looked at the window and... there was an orange cat peeking in! o_o My dad and I go outside on the balcony, but she was afraid of us. She jumped from the window and hit the ground running. I looked across to the other side of our house and noticed the pigeons were watching from afar. I put the pieces together and realized that she climbed up to the balcony just to get at the pigeons.

This was my chance to get an orange cat! I figured she would be back so I started leaving tuna on the balcony. :P It didn't take long for her to warm up to me (since I was feeding her and all). I made a little house for her by turning over an old laundry basket and filling it with sheets and she would come up to the balcony to sleep inside it. My parents never objected to me keeping her. Guess they realized it was meant to be. ^_^;

One day, though, she was rolling around in the backyard and my dad said, "I think she's pregnant." And, well... she was! xD;; She gave birth on the balcony in that laundry basket. I kept one of the kittens so now I have two orange cats. And they're both fixed. >_>; Heh.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #2417
WannaBe:)

@La Tulipe Noire That's awesome! You guys look great! Looks like you guys got the group cosplay thing down to a science.

@TheSDBux That would be quite the project, it would be great to start a FMA group

@LinkPwnsGanon Of course it counts haha. I'd be up to do a Winry cosplay instead, if you'd be Riza I already have a blonde wig so that's one of the reasons I thought of her, but I could just as easily use it for Winry, I just have to do a few crunches first haha.

@Hearth Thanks! And not watching or reading anime or manga doesnt make you lame haha What do you like? Comic books?

Last edited by WannaBe:) : 08-10-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #2418
Hearth
Unregistered User

@WannaBe: Well, I should correct myself a bit. I did read some manga and watched some anime in the past. Just not so much recently.

Yep! Currently reading Young Avengers, Thor: God of Thunder, Hawkeye, Journey into Mystery (which gets canceled this month *sobsobsob*), Batman (kind of getting bored with this one, to be honest), Green Lantern: New Guardians, and X-O Manowar. I think that's all of them. I also read some web comics.

And I like watching animated shows based off of comics like shows from the DC Animated Universe. b(ouo) And I like Avatar: The Last Airbender a lot too.
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #2419
WannaBe:)

OOh I love Avatar! Have you watched the Korra series?

A couple of my closest friends really love comics. One of them when to Comic Con as Spiderman this year.
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #2420
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Thanks! We've got a couple of donation things going and we've got a lot of positive reaction to that. My mother plays Bingo every week (ahaha. No comment) and she ended up winning $900 for the dog fund. O.Ov So so far, so good. But I will keep those in mind. Ahaha, you cat stealer. Pet stories are fun.

@Wannabe: Thanks so much! :] We've been doing things as a group for a while, so it's nice. Always welcoming new people though~ I know here a few of us decided to get together to do some group stuff. Like the ladies of X-men and Young Justice. Link joined my friends and I as Sailor Mercury and I'm forcing Hearth to join us for our Young Avengers group whether she likes it or not o_o So, we do group stuff around here too!
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #2421
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Oh, wow. Nice! It is quite a coincidence that she got all that money from Bingo. XD

No, I don't wanna. D: You can't make me do something that sounds so ridiculously FUN!

----

Anywho, trying to decide what would be a good wig for Artemis. I thought the one for sale here is nice, but it is on hold for the moment. This comes with a ponytail, but I have no idea what could be done about those long bangs. And there are so many different kinds of blonde. @_@

EDIT: Oh, wait. You can just buy a ponytail clip and attach to a different wig. I'm learning! \(ouo)/

Last edited by Hearth : 08-10-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #2422
ayaasan

Hearth: I'd totally just get a short base wig and a clip on--it'd be lighter and easier to deal with than the Jeannie You wouldn't have to deal with a lace-front or anything since the mask covers the hairline, yay!! The shade of blonde depends upon skin-tone. I usually go with more of a strawberry or golden blonde for myself, since I'm pale as @$%# and tend to wash out easily, but here's a guide I found. (and turns out from the guide I was right in my choice, haha!)

Wannabe: I haven't really watched any anime/read manga in years 0.0 I'm more into American comics and cartoons. I'm a HUGE DC junkie, although I'd never say no to Marvel :P

And girls, guess what I found out? My boss originally couldn't get a booth at Comic Con for Artist Alley, so I didn't even wander over there since my dress was huge and I didn't want to cause a block staring at the work. Turns out he DID get a booth, and didn't tell me...in addition to the fact that he was sitting in a booth next to the creator of DEADPOOL..and they swapped artwork....WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME, BOSS-MAN?!!
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #2423
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: A likely story! But no, seriously, we'd love to have you. Then we can go on the Marvel stage next year and just give all the workers the finger. Because they probably won't know who we are. xD

My friend and I decided on our wigs for Billy and Tommy. We're gonna get the Lulu in dark brown and silver. http://arda-wigs.com/products/lulu :] So we match~

@Ayaasan: No waaaaaaaaaaay. I wonder how he feels about the sudden Deadpool explosion. xD
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #2424
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ayaa: Oh, thanks for the link! Though, I'm not quite sure if I'd be considered light or medium skinned. I recently had a customer tell me that I was pretty dark, so now I'm all kinds of confused, haha.

Well, uh, maybe he'll get a booth again next year. In the same spot. xD

@Tulipe: Haha, I've never flipped off anyone in my life so far. xDD But, yeah! Sounds like fun. I started moving stuff out of the apartment, and I hope my badge didn't get lost in the process. Kind of have a gut feeling that it might still be at the apartment though. Hopefully.

Twinsies~!
Unread 08-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #2425
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I think the best thing about living in SD is that if I'm working on a giant sword or something else stupid in November people simply say "Comic Con?" and I can just say "Yes" and people will know what is going on. It may not be for that con, but the concept is the same.

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #2426
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I didn't mean like, actually do it. Well kind of, but more for me because I'm still really mad at all the workers there. But I was kidding about that part. xD We'll give them the metaphorical finger by being awesome and better than them. And if you're talking about the badge code for next years tickets as long as you still have the confirmation email you'll be fine. :]

@StabbityBlkMage: Hello again! Aha. Every time I'm working on something I just let people think it's for Comic-con, it's easier than explaining things. And locally people tend to know what Comic-con is. =D
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #2427
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Perhaps a dirty look will suffice? ;P The other Marvel people were pretty cool, just not the people on the stage. o_o It's kind of odd. I looked at video and pictures of the event, but I don't see myself in anything. I wonder if they had different walk-on events? That's a relief. I was a bit worried when I realized I'm not sure where I placed the badge.
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #2428
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I had no luck with ANY of the workers. They were all in the way, thought they should apparently stand in front of the displays. When asked questions I received five different answers from the people working there. And they were all rude to me. I can't say anything nice about any of the workers there. :/ Cuz none of the ones I talked to were. I will give them a dirty look as Billy, cuz that will be hilarious. I think for the group we just would need Miss America. My friend who is supposed to be Teddy said HER friend wants to be Kate. So we'd mix our issues a bit because no Noh-varr and Cassie alive, but whatever. Or we just be a strange group with Kid Loki. Yeah, they just didn't want people giving away badges to other people. ;D And it would encourage them to keep an eye on them.

I can't decide which wig to buy first.. Billy? Karolina? or my friends want me to cosplay Karina for their Tiger and Bunny stuff. x-x But that can wait. Or should I just focus on Miss Martian and buy those beautiful blue shoes.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 08-11-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #2429
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Wannabe: Oh, sorry! I honestly didn't see your post for some reason. o_O; Yep, I watch Korra. I think it would be really cool to cosplay as an adult Toph someday!

I kind of want to read a Spider-Man series, but, apparently, Superior Spider-Man is all about Doc Ock being in Spider-Man's body. I thought it was just a story arc, but, apparently, that's the premise for the comic as a whole. >_<

@Tulipe: Miss America seems to be a pretty popular character to cosplay right now. What about the one you worked with at SDCC? Do you actually know her or did you just work with her?

I guess it kind of worked because my roommate's friend didn't go on Sunday. She thought of giving the badge to one of the people holding those "need badges" signs, but didn't since she thought she needed it for pre-reg. xD

Maybe go with whatever cosplay you need the soonest?

----

I think this would be good as Artemis's base wig, but the selection is very limited compared to the others. Both blondes are pretty light.

Last edited by Hearth : 08-11-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #2430
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

With newer users they tend to lag the posts. I really don't know why.

@Hearth: She is pretty popular. Well, I KNOW her, but I met her for the first time there. I don't think she'd be interested in a group though. She said she made the jacket the night before. xD

DON'T give out your badges while you might not technically NEED them it's safest not to do something like that. Your name is on record, if your badge gets taken and isn't reported (we have you on record for lost badges) or you give it to someone and that person does bad things with it and gets caught you could get in trouble for it. It's unlikely, but possible. Especially if the person who gets caught rats you out. And those people outside don't NEED badges, chances are they're just going to take them and sell them to other people. Sometimes they get lost and people don't know, but there's always a possibility and remember that all your information is attached to that badge and Comic-con has access to it. It's always better to be safe and keep it than risk giving it to someone you don't trust. It's different giving it to friends of course. :] Though bad things still happen

For your Artemis wig, I might actually suggest doing one wig instead of two pieces. Artemis has a low ponytail so it's not that difficult to put up. Get something like this: http://www.cosplayanimewigs.com/28hereligobl1.html (though this one has a part down the middle though I don't think that's a big deal, but this one is super light) With the long bangs and it's easy to tie back like your own hair. Plus you have the advantage of having a mask cover around your ears and hairline so it doesn't have to be perfect. Little hairspray and some pins and you're good to go! ^^v
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 08-12-2013 at 12:04 AM.