Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #2866
ayaasan

Link: I can't wait to see how everything turns out. And swisher skirts are better. That's just a fact XD

Just got back from thrift store shopping, and found a pair of pants that are pretty much perfect for Jack for $1 so I'm going to be lazy and not even make 'em Ultimate closet bargain costume--the hardest part so far has been the wig, which I had fun with. Excluding the wig and stuff I already have, Jack has only cost me $10 before I pick up the supplies for the staff, woohoo!

Today's goal is to finish Snow White--just need to add the waistband on the skirt, make the collar and finish the cape.Then I just need to finish the belt for Gumball. I also want to make some more headway on Astrid--I dyed the leather and screwed in the spikes and it turned out soooo awesome!!

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Colonial Jack Frost (RotG)
Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan)
Rogue (90's animated X-Men)
Rita Skeeter (Harry Potter)
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Shield Maiden Eowyn (LotR)
Thronecoming Madeline Hatter (EAH)
Ms. Frizzle (Magic School Bus)
Puck (Gargoyles)
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #2867
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I went up into the mountains today and it's a shame I didn't bring either of my cameras because it was pretty. Not usually my thing, but pretty. A nice photoshoot could have been done out there if you weren't concerned about getting your stuff dirty.

@Ayaasan: People watching is some of the best parts of conventions. At Comikaze I watched a Winter Soldier dance with Spider-man. Sabertooth just hang off the stairs and Thor embrace kid Loki. It's so fun. And I hear you about the kids, one kid asked for my autograph when I was Sailor Venus, it was adorable.

I need to get cosplay done but I am always missing tiny details that prevent me from getting anywhere on anything.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #2868
kpmell
Scout Regiment

Long time no type! I hope everything has been going well for you guys

@La Tulipe Noire Those sound like some fun memories! I definitely participate in people watching in airports. It's amazing the goofy things you witness haha.

@Ayaasan I can't wait to see your new Astrid cosplay! I am so excited for that silly movie to come out, the trailers are so intense!

So I have some cosplay ponderings that I would like your opinion on. I have a list of cosplays for this summer, but I am thinking of changing it up a little on myself. I don't know if there are any Star Fox fans present, but I was thinking about tackling Krystal. Her body suit would be easy enough so I would have time to play with the overall look of the cosplay. I would definitely go the makeup route as opposed to the mascot-like masks that cosplayers usually use for Fox. I'd use makeup for most of my face (drawing inspiration from "Cats" the musical makeup techniques) but I'd also probably spirit gum sideburn-like fur pieces on my jaw to create the shape of her face. The tricky part would be making a latex piece to create her little muzzle (something I have never done before). I can't find picture examples of what I have in mind exactly so I hope that description is clear enough. I like the idea of taking on this project, but it might be the kind of thing that just sounds better in my head. Thoughts?

Last edited by kpmell : 03-06-2014 at 10:19 PM.
kpmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #2869
ayaasan

Kpmell: I've heard of Starfox, just never played it (I was more of a Zelda fanatic growing up, haha) Definitely sounds like you have some great ideas here--I'd start researching Cats makeup tutorials for further inspiration. I also love this as a base for the nose

I finished sewing up Astrid's capelet and shrug then sewed 'em together for some awesome Skyrim-esque fur armor--my shoulders look awesomely huge! ahahaha And is it silly that what I'm most looking forward to is making Astrid's furry boot covers? I'm going to be a yeti in all this wool, leather and fur! XD

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 03-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #2870
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I know little of Starfox but it seems that you know what you could do!

Tried to style my wig for a new cosplay, it would look better once I add more wefts to it because this wig wasn't meant to be put in a ponytail (xD) and I need to buy a braid from Arda

also started adding the panels to my Dark Zelda mock up dress but kept getting distracted so I haven't finished sewing them in yet but I will soon! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:10 AM   #2871
Hattorilucci
I am a pigeon

Hey guys. I am currently living in the Clairemont area. I had cosplayed 4th Doctor, Jake, and few others. My sister had cosplay like Misty, 11th Doctor, Finn and few others.

I don't think he would forgive us for having died irresponsibly and because of our selfish promise would yell into the skies if he could... That death isn't an apology...!!! Because a man once said...!!! That they absolutely would come back!!! - Brook on Laboon
Hattorilucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #2872
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Hi there Hattorilucci! Welcome to the thread!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 03-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #2873
ayaasan

Hello Hattorilucci!

I officially finished Snow White yesterday!!! And Jack's hoodie arrived, so all I have to do is weather the pants and add the leather straps, then paint the designs on the hoodie. Woohoo for casual/warm costume, haha.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-09-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Unread 03-10-2014, 03:54 AM   #2874
Arachnophiliax

Hello, everyone! This is likely my first post on my new login {since I can't even remember anything linked to my old one).
Anyway, I'm from San Diego as well, hence my post in this thread, and it will be my first time going to a con aside from SDCC. I used to go to SDCC for yeaaarsss when it was actually affordable and easy to get into. I still love it, but I definitely want to explore a little more since I'm casually getting into cosplay. I haven't done many cosplays, but I really found myself enjoying it the little times I have done so and perhaps make a hobby out of it.

Is anyone going to Wondercon? Any opinions regarding the convention? I've heard from a friend who lives in the area that it's similar to SDCC, but less waiting and less crowds. A bit ideal, and I kind of hope that's the case. I'll be going as New 52's Red Hood!
Arachnophiliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #2875
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@kpmell: Aha,yeah, some of the best times can be had at conventions. :]

@Ayaasan: Your Snow white looks so cute! And the rest of course, but I love how poofy Snow is!

@Arachnophiliax: Howdy. And welcome. I too am from the days of SDCC when it was easy to purchase tickets. Way back from when you could walk in the day off and buy your ticket. ... Good times. New to cosplay, what sort of cosplays are you interested in?
A few of us are going to Wondercon, including myself. This will be my first year, but I've heard the same as you a calmer SDCC.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #2876
ayaasan

Arachnophiliax: welcome! I'll be there all three days--as Tulipe mentioned before, I'm usually in something bright and/or fluffy so I'm pretty hard to miss, haha. Looking forward to seeing your Red Hood costume! ~

Tulipe: I might bring Wanda for an hour or so if you want to take pics together. Maybe Sunday morning or Saturday night? I want to completely re-make the bustier and get a new wig if I do (I love my current wig, but looking back at pictures it doesn't compliment my facial structure >.<), so she'll depend upon me completing Elsa and Astrid first Plus, I can't go to a Comic Convention and not wear even one Superhero! 0.0

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 03-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #2877
taylormurch

Awesome Snow White, Ayaasan! And hullo people new to this thread!
@Arachnophiliax: I'm going to WonderCon for the first time this year! Can't wait. If you see a Loftwing with two children as Skyloft Link and Zelda on Friday, or a genderbend Ghirahim on Saturday/Sunday, feel free to flag me down. I'll be so entertained by that. That goes for the rest of you, too! And I'll be looking out for all of your cosplays. A mission to track down people I met on the Internet. Challenge accepted. Not creepy at all.
I wanted to share with you all that I bought these clip-on blonde bangs for my eight-year-old Zelda. They were $7 including shipping from China, so I figured, what the heck. I really wanted her to have the right hair. I got them in the mail the other day, tried them on, and died.

I'm so impressed with and amused by them. Good ol' China! They look even better in person. The highlights in them are impressive.
taylormurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #2878
ayaasan

Ooh! I love the clip-on's Taylor, very pretty!

And Snow White preview shot! Not wearing the proper wig, bodice isn't laced properly and my makeup is slap-dash, haha.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 03-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #2879
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Arachnophiliax: Welcome!

Taylor: I love them!

Ayaasan: Aawww! You look amazing! Now I wanna be a Disney Princess! x3

Well here's a progress photo of my Dark Zelda mock up dress! Please, pleaaaassseeee excuse the fact that I needed to use empty beer bottles to hold my dress down since it was quite windy where I was!

Do I have a Dark Princess presence yet?! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #2880
ayaasan

Link: I love the fullness of the skirt, and great job on the godets! Although I think the "dark look" is diminished with a fluffy white puppy, hahaha XD My dog does the same thing when I take progress shots--I have a few shots of me shoving her aside when I tried Snow on. She also likes to hide under petticoats and hoop skirts so that may be it, too :P

And looking back, I really want to finish Snow's cape--I was going to go without because I thought it was overkill with all of the fancy satin and brocades, but it looks too plain at the collar. I just need to add the trim, brooch and snaps on the caplet I already made, so that's easy peasy

And Elsa is near completion! Since I've been crazy busy, I ended up just having a parks!accurate mesh shirt with rhinestones and airbrushed cape commissioned so that I can concentrate on finishing the beading on the corset and skirt With my lacefront wig that I'm having styled...she's gonna look mighty purdy and sparkly :3

My Dad also surprised me by making the base of Jack's staff, so that'll be a fun little project this weekend. The pants ended up being too short, so off to thrifting again!

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)