Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #2881
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Nooooo. I'm not going to be able to get Billy done by Wondercon, so he won't be going with. :[ I wanna take pictures with Mama Wanda! And by the way, have you ever purchased from the Glowbys website? I was thinking of seeing if I could get some by Wondercon and do a night time shoot with a tripod so I could be a giant rainbow.

I'm hopefully gonna convince my friend to go to the fabric store today so I'll get what I need for Karolina and get my butt in gear for that.

And I think we're going to get the hotel tonight as well, gonna stay at the Hilton.

By the way if anyone wants some pictures of their stuff taken I'd be more than happy to bring my camera equipment. I was only planning to bring Iron man but I'll bring both my cameras and lenses if anyone wants shots done. I'm not the best photographer, but I need practice on doing portraits and humans- I'm more of a landscape photographer- and you could get some pictures of your stuff taken if nothing else. :]
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #2882
ayaasan

Tulipe: I haven't personally ordered from glowbys, but I know someone who ordered them for a Rapunzel wig

And I'd love some pictures of my Frozen group on Sunday! Probably earlier in the morning, since the dealer's hall doesn't open until later? I got some awesome pics on the balconies last year--you just have to watch for the doors since they lock behind you--found that out the hard way once, haha. I'll let my Anna know--she'll be so excited :3 Astrid would also be fun with all of the "scary" viking poses, haha--I'd be sure to bring my axe.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Colonial Jack Frost (RotG)
Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan)
Rogue (90's animated X-Men)
Rita Skeeter (Harry Potter)
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Shield Maiden Eowyn (LotR)
Thronecoming Madeline Hatter (EAH)
Ms. Frizzle (Magic School Bus)
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-13-2014 at 03:02 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #2883
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Oh! Cool, I might go ahead and by them and just hope for the best. I always like to check before I buy things because you never know anymore. But if your friend ordered I think it'll be okay.

Yay! I'm glad you're willing to be my guinea pig! I love photography and I've gone to several classes but the thing I'm missing the most is practice. Which, is key. Just don't expect super professional pictures. I think they'll turn out nicely but probably not as much as if I had a bunch of photography equipment. But I'll do my best. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:33 AM   #2884
taylormurch

Oooh, La Tulipe, I'll be you're guinea pig, too, if you want someone else! I'll support a fellow budding photographer. Although I'm terrible at modeling. Haha.

YOUGUYS. I got retractable fangs.

You control them by pushing your tongue against this bar that hinges the fangs.

A cosplay I was going to make for Anime Expo required fangs, but I'm not sure I'm going to go through with that character anymore. Still, I'm so happy to have them.

taylormurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #2885
ayaasan

I'm off today, woohoo! Goal is to finish Snow's caplet and Astrid today, so pics to commence

And because I'm insane, I've decided to work on this variant of Regina from OUAT. I kind of fell out with this series as it got a little ridiculous the second season, but I love the first season. Plus, my Mom rarely gets involved with my costumes and has been mentioning since the first episode that I should dress up as Regina since her dresses are "sooo pretty!" So I plan on surprising her Already have the patterns and fabrics bookmarked, and already own the perfect wig.

EDIT: Astrid progress! Just need to finish the second pauldron, then onto the arm warmers and dyeing the leather knee pads once they arrive I'm highly tempted to make the arm warmers out of matching fur from the skirt, since I think it'd look awesome :P

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-15-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Unread 03-16-2014, 03:46 AM   #2886
Arachnophiliax

@Tulipe: I remember those days. I swear, things were much easier. It's ludicrous how overwhelming SDCC has become in such a short amount of time. I'm a fan of comic book cosplays as well as Star Trek and Star Wars. 8) And yourself? What cosplays do you usually find yourself more drawn to? Also, I certainly wouldn't mind joining the others and be one of your guinea pigs. First, full out cosplay so I think this will be fun!

@Ayaasan: Thank you! I appreciate the welcome. That is an amazing Snow White dress you're working there, by the way. It's gorgeous! And, wow @ that Astrid cosplay. That's strikingly good!

@Taylor: Oh, definitely! I love meeting people I come across on forums and share like interests. It's always fun. Fun costume choice, too. Also, I'm loving the clippings. They blend in so well, too. c:

My costume is almost complete, so I'm a bit excited. Right now my new concern is finding a new ride. Most of my friends are bailing on Wondercon now that they have their SDCC badges. The friends I'm staying with are flying in, but I think I can work it out. I just want to explore WC. It's always fun to try something new!

Last edited by Arachnophiliax : 03-16-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Arachnophiliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #2887
ayaasan

Arachnophiliax: Thank-you so much :3 Hope to see you at the con! Looks like we have some similar tastes in costumes--I LOVE Star Trek, Star Wars and comic costuming...although I'm drawn to bright and wacky looking characters so Adventure Time has been on my list a lot lately :P

And after I use this week to finish the last minute details on Astrid and Elsa, I'm currently arguing over whether I want to either finish Jack or use my last four weeks to finish my Lord Monochromicorn and Toothless plush. I could make a Star Trek TOS skant instead since it would take me all of a few hours to sew and I already have my medical officer patch, wig, tights and boots from Nurse Chapel. Give me an excuse to buy a tricorder, too, haha.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-16-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Unread 03-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #2888
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: Thanks! I'm really hoping to finally cut the pattern out on the real fabric but once again I'm just like terrified of doing it! I don't think I'll ever be scared of cutting stuff out on the real fabric! xD But I should be getting the main dress all sewn up by this week! Oh that reminds me, I need to buy some gold trim for the bottom part of the dress and then buy a smaller bias tape to make that design that goes on top of it xD And maybe I can start painting my apron/tabard

I also kind of stopped watching OUAT as well but slowly watching it again since my niece wants to catch up on the episodes she's missed! But I totally can't wait to see what you do for Regina! OH and Astrid looks amazing!

Taylor: I want some fangs! Those look super cool! x3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-16-2014 at 11:29 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #2889
ayaasan

Link: best of luck! And I'm going to be practicing my makeup like crazy for Regina--I have such a baby face that it's hard to pull off serious looking characters :/

And yeah, after finding the perfect pattern for my friend's Anna cloak and seeing the awesomesauce staff my Dad made me, I've officially decided to work on Colonial Jack Frost. The plushies will have to wait, haha. Shorten the cape and it's the same as Anna's. Plus, I get to make a poofy sleeved peasant shirt :3

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #2890
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: This is like my biggest project of the year(s)! xD I'm still having trouble trying to find the right color I wanna use for the trim and with the right size.

Oh but with your skills I'm sure your makeup will turn out amazing! And I'd like to see this Colonial Jack Frost that you speak of! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 03-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #2891
ayaasan

Link: It's actually the outfit Jack is wearing before the hoodie, so it's canon It's also a bit more complicated and therefore not done as often so I'll hopefully stand out a bit more :3

And already building my costume list for next year that I'll be starting on after Wonder Con--my goal is 6 costumes per year so that I can practice and learn new techniques. It's Regina for sure as my main costume, and definitely planning on Cheryl/Carol from Archer as a simple costume--her orange sweater and pearls with mini skirt and heels is the most iconic outfit, but I'll probably make an ISIS badge and carry around an Ocelot plush, too. Also want to re-make Wanda's bustier for a superhero costume.

So three more slots left and I'm in no rush--most likely going to be a nostalgia costume, some type of armor/crafting costume, and then who knows? haha.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-16-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #2892
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I finally got the stuff to finish Karolina! So hopefully this week I'll be all ready for Wondercon! Aside from the body paint I'll need. If I have any time left my friend and I decided to do a "Peggy Carter" and "random blonde lady that made out with Captain America" outfit for Friday when we go see the movie.

Aha. Everyone wants to be my guinea pigs! :]

@Ayaasan: Astrid and Snow look great! Good luck on OUaT those costumes can be so complicated, especially Regina's. I'll have Billy done by June so maybe we can at least get some pictures done even if we don't have a convention to go to together. I think the next time we'd be a the same one would be Comikaze again. xD

@Arachnophiliax: Those were good times. Then they started advertising movies and SDCC became 'popular' and now everyone wants to be at it just to say they were there rather than any actual interest. It's really frustrating, so I'm hoping Wondercon will bring me back to the good old days. My cosplays were mostly all anime stuff with a few video games here and there, but now I've only got one Anime and the rest are comic book related. I've got a Young Avengers cosplay in the works, reworking my Rogue, and then Captain Marvel, Sharon Carter and a few other Avenger ladies. :]

One month left!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #2893
ayaasan

Exactly one month until Wondercon, eek! O.O

Astrid is almost done--just need to finish the second pauldron and arm warmers.

And since I want to do Elsa justice and don't have the time, I caved and commissioned a parks accurate cape and mesh undershirt. I plan on re-making them movie accurate when I have the time I also found someone to create resin casts for her ice heels and am eagerly awaiting my wig :3 Now I just need to finish adding sequins to the skirt and add the grommets to the corset.

Hope to have everything done by Saturday, which gives me just enough time to finish some plushies. Jack will have to wait, as I don't relish having to rush that costume either.

EDIT: EEEKKK!! Lookit the fabric I just got for Gumball's new pants
I LOVE this site--it's discounted remnant designer fabric. My Snow White bodice fabric is a Marc Jacob's brocade that sold out super fast 0.o I only buy small amounts there at a time, since even with the discount it's still kinda pricey.

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans:
Puck (Gargoyles)

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-20-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #2894
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

ayaasan: Ooooh exciting! I can't wait to see it when it's all done!

I got a wig a few days ago but it was the wrong color and length but my oldest sister liked it so she bought it off of me so I'm gonna order another one next week

but my nephew ordered his very first wig a few days ago so we're expecting it next saturday! we're excited to see it when it arrives and then we get to face paint his face! x3

at least the fabric I ordered came in the right color and it matches my patch I ordered a long time ago

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-23-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 03-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #2895
ayaasan

Link: I love that fabric, it's such a pretty color!

Only Three weeks to go! Finishing Astrid's armor this morning--I feel like Conan the Barbarian in this costume, haha-- and just finished Snow's cape. (totally thrifty, haha--Snow's cape is Supergirl's cape slightly modified, and I made the brooch form a $1 cocktail ring and a left-over pin backing from Merida and Gumball :P) I also saw preview pics of my commissioned Snow White wig and it looks just like the park!!~ 0.0 Can't wait to see what she does with my Elsa wig!~

All I have left now is Elsa!

2015 Cosplay Plans:
Gijinka Darkwing Duck
Ceremonial Princess Leia

2016 Cosplay Plans: