Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #2971
ayaasan

Link: haha--I'm actually tempted to dye my hair auburn again for Cheryl. I hate updo wigs, and I used to dye my hair that exact shade when I was college. My main problem is that I won't have time to maintain the dye job since I have such a psycho schedule! >.<

And excited for more reference pics for Gamora---I'm totally using the jacket for day-to-day wearing as well since I plan on using suiting and leather

EDIT: A "Chance-y" discovery and a Pokemon group is ON for a day at Comikaze and next year's Wondercon More information soon... I've wanted to cosplay as this character for years, and it's finally happening!!~

UPDATE: Anndd..it's official Twinzik is having a cosplay sale and HeeHee was selling her Officer Jenny costume and wig. My friend has been wanting to cosplay as Nurse Joy for awhile now, and I jumped at the chance :3 It's also an excuse to style an Ash Ketchum wig for my friend's husband

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-28-2014 at 07:18 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #2972
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I love the uniforms for Guardians of the Galaxy but I'm sad that they aren't the blue and red uniforms I've come to know and love. :'[

Unfortunately I can't make it to Free Comic book day this year. I hope I'm not missing out on anything good!

I gotta get my stuff started. AX is coming so close and I haven't even ordered the fabric I need for Wiccan. But I need to get my sewing machines fixed before I can even do anything. Ugh. Money.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-29-2014 at 02:25 AM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #2973
ayaasan

@Tulipe: I know, the classic uniforms are awesome >.< I do love what they did with them, though--I totally called it when I first saw them and said "That's totally Alexandra Byrne! She went bonkers with the piping, quilting and pin tucks again!" haha XD

And I'm so excited for this Neverland group I can hardly stand it, haha! We now have myself as Peter, a Tiger Lily, Hook and Wendy for Mickey's Halloween Party--I'm currently in the works of making a tiny Tinkerbell doll that Hook can carry around in a lantern Here's hoping Link still wants to go as our Tinkerbell for Wondercon next year!~

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-29-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Unread 04-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #2974
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I'm a little disappointed they aren't even blue though! But they look really neat. Obviously Mantis isn't in it, I wonder if the pink girl at the end of Thor 2 has any role in it. I'm sure there are some weird alien people. If Nebula wasn't bald I'd totally attempt that. xD So I could match a little better.

Ugh, I went running today for the first time in a long time. And it was only a mile and it was so bad how out of shape I am. But I gotta keep going!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #2975
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: Of course I'm still totally up to being Tinkerbell for your guys' group next year! Now I'm just wondering if I should just buy a platinum blonde hair bun from arda and still use my Jeannie wig or just buy a lulu in platinum blonde

Bought some more embroidery floss so then I can keep working on Dark Zelda and I have to work on everything that I plan to take to AX with me since it's like almost here! I need to order my Sailor Pluto wig soon if I plan to take her with me! \(>~<)/

Oh and I think I may plan a Storm cosplay since I'm gonna have a long white wig soon x3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-30-2014 at 04:08 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #2976
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Has anyone ordered from Spandexhouse? I know I asked this before but I've forgotten. Spandexworld doesn't have the fabric I need but Spandexhouse wants you to leave a phone number so they can call you and you can give them credit card information via phone. It says it's for more security but it seems weird to me. I wish Joanns or something had vinyl spandex. ;-;
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #2977
ayaasan

I haven't ordered from Spandexhouse before, exactly for that reason :/
I'd check Yardage Town, ebay, etsy and amazon, too--I found some vinyl spandex on etsy, FabricEmpire rocks!~ They're in the LA Fashion district, so super quick shipping! Moodfabrics also has a pretty good collection of spandex, and I shop there quite often
Unread 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #2978
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I've checked Yardage town but only the small local stores. Maybe I should go to the warehouse store I went to many moons ago. I'd much rather buy in person if I can. I found something similar at my local Yardage but I think it was some weird 2-way stretch with holes in it in the remnants area.
http://spandexhouse.com/images/products/vin-shi-bl.jpg This is what I'm looking for. It shouldn't be that difficult to find. D:

Thank you for the suggestions though I will definitely check them out.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #2979
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Woot! I just ordered my Sailor Pluto wig this morning aaaaaand my arda wig for Dark Zelda is on it's way here! I'm so super duper excited!!!! x3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 05-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #2980
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I painted some mock SHIELD patches for my Punk!Sharon Carter cosplay that I'm planning to do at Anime Expo. I don't know which one I prefer though: http://obeyyournavigator.tumblr.com/...erds-at-ax-and
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #2981
Laffingstock

San Diego Cosplay Photographer

Hi everyone! My name is Brian and I'm a San Diego-based photographer who was hoping to meet some cosplayers in the area who are interested in potential photo shoots. I know there's a photo-scheduling forum on here, but I thought that this thread might be worth it since fellow San Diegans probably look here regularly. Sorry, I don't mean to be a pest about it!

If this sounds appealing at all to you, take a look at my starting port (http://www.brianlaforteza.com/other/#/cosplay/) and feel free to contact me to discuss a potential photo session.

I shoot mainly outdoors with both strobe and natural light, but unfortunately no studio work right now. I'm flexible on the weekends for scheduling, and can shoot on-location in the downtown SD or La Jolla area mainly.

If you're interested, please feel free to get in touch with me on this forum or via my website, and say hello! I'd love to talk about potential characters, looks, and ideas that would work for both of us, and be able to add to both our portfolios.

Anyways, this has gotten long, so I'm sorry for rambling. Take care, everyone! Hope to hear from you soon!

- Brian
Laffingstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #2982
ayaasan

Tulipe: What will the patch be worn on color wise? The one on the left would look better with lighter colors, and the one on the right would be better for darker, imo

And I got my fabrics and red feather for Peter today! I barely have time to work on costumes, so I want to start super early :3 My wig should be here Monday, and then I just need to order some kelly green fabric, the shoes, tights and ears and pick up silk leaves, grommets and leather lace at Michaels

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-03-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Unread 05-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #2983
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

My Dark Zelda/Storm wig came in the mail today! Yaaaay! It's so long and pretty! I can't wait to get started on Zelda's crown and Storm's headdress/headpiece! :3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-03-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #2984
ayaasan

Link: looks great!

And I just flipped out about this fabric being on sale and went ahead and ordered 4 yards and 4 more yards of matching pink duchess satin for Lottie's skirt :3 Combined with silk chiffon overlay, an embroidered venice lace applique for the neckline, hot pink brocade and this for the bodice..she's gonna be purdy
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #2985
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ooooh such pretty fabric! It really does scream Lottie haha! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned: