Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #3781
ayaasan

Very pretty, Link! I love the colors!

And I'm currently screaming into the void with exhaustion. Con crunch is real, man.
In fact, I had better go grab some more coffee X.X I still have to finish Kylo's petticoat/underskirt, forepart and bodice today in order to keep on schedule. I decided to nix the doublet for my sanity and make it later, though, so I have three weeks to finish the pleated sleeves and overskirt, as well as the cloak and the comfort gown (aka loose coat).

On a positive note, I completely remade my Trelawney tunic because I wasn't happy with the eyelet. I don't have a picture because my dress form is occupied by Kylo, but the fabric is embroidered vines and is sooo pretty!

I also finished Boushh, and I'm working on a silly side project to keep my sanity--Taako the Elf Wizard from The Adventure Zone! I'm having fun being creative with the design and using elements of Taako's wardrobe that have been described in the podcast. The Cloak of the Manta Ray! (it's literally shaped like a ray, haha) Medium weight cotton suiting with hand-applied rhinestones. I love the hood so much <3 I just want to make a tunic and a simple bell-sleeved jacket, as well as a bow closure for my Jane Porter parasol and I'll be done

Check out my Tumblr for more up-to date cosplay progress

Last edited by ayaasan : 02-07-2017 at 06:07 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #3782
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Ayaasan: Whoa, that cloak looks awesome! :O How many days do you have left until the con?

Also I had my very first photo shoot a few days ago for my Princess Ariel cosplay! I only have one photo to share so far from the friend of the photographer

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #3783
ayaasan

That gown is gorgeous, Link! Wonderful location, too--the Organ Pavilion? And thank-you! I'm a bit overwhelmed at the response Taako is receiving <3

I'm leaving in T-Minus 21 days on March 2nd. I didn't manage to finish the bodice and petticoat yesterday, but they're suuuppper close to being done and since I'm off early today I hope to finish them when I get home. I also want to cut out the comfort gown and hang the fabric so that it has time to stretch before hemming, and finish Taako's fur trimmed jacket. Ooff! Wish me luck! I still have lots to do! X.X

Taako fabrics!

Last edited by ayaasan : 02-08-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Unread 02-19-2017, 11:46 AM   #3784
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Thank you! And it is the Organ Pavilion xD

How much more work have you done? It's almost March 2nd!

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 02-19-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Unread 02-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #3785
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Also bought myself a dress form the other day!

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #3786
ayaasan

Link: The dress and photos look gorgeous! And having a dress form is soooo handy! I use mine all the time. That's awesome you got one

I'm still in con-crunch. T-minus 9 days now *o* I finished Taako today and I'm super proud of how he turned out considering I only had a audio description to work off of. I made everything sans the leggings, haha. My first time making a wizard hat, too!:

And Kylo is now at about 80%. I finished waxing the forepart of the petticoat this morning In fact, I'd better get back to work pleating @.@

EDIT: I decided to nix the comfort gown since I didn't like how it was covering up almost all of the hand-detailing on the bodice. Instead, I'll be using the basket-weave as the over-skirt, which makes the pleated over-skirt kinda unnecessary since it'll be covered up and add more bulk at the waist. If I were making the original costume I'd be "heck yes, add ALL the details!", but this is just an interpretation. Now I really want to make an actual historically accurate Elizabethan court gown *.* That and Belle are my projects after ECCC.

Update (2/25): Sooooo close! I just need to attach the hanging sleeves, add the waistband on the skirt, add a few extra embellishments on the bodice, make the hood and make the pleated sleeves. I only have tonight, tomorrow morning and Monday to finish *.*

Quick preview of the First Order symbols that I painted inside the hanging charmeuse sleeves:

Last edited by ayaasan : 02-25-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Unread 03-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #3787
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Hey Ayaasan! How was ECCC?

I got some pictures taken with my niece the other weekend (sadly my silver chibi wig is missing so I had to use a different wig

Also progress on my side! ^_^

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-13-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Unread 03-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #3788
ayaasan

Oooff...haven't been on here in awhile.

Link: lovely work! The draping is wonderful

ECCC was fun, but a bit overpriced for what it was to be honest. It was very similar in size and scope to Wondercon and double the price. The guests and panels were also kinda lackluster (which was disappointing because when I did my research there were a ton of events hosted here that didn't happen this year :/), there weren't many cosplayers compared to cons down here (Although the armor based costumes were spectacular!) and it feels like the Hollywood commercialization has crept in because I barely saw any independent sellers with anything unique.... when I did find them it was mostly all the same chotskies you can get at any con or swap meet/hot topic *shrugs* About the only thing I bought was a ton of 2 oz loose leaf tea pouches from a nerdy tea company so I could try all of the "geeky" flavors. (Tea and Absinthe if anyone is interested! The Starry Night blend is DELICIOUS!)

On a positive, though? Very chill and laid back unlike the frenetic energy at cons here. The "minions" and security were also a lot more friendly from what I've encountered with security at cons here. I also loved the layout/it was very well organized--the dealers hall was split into two areas with a connecting bridge, and there was an entire floor dedicated to Artist Alley! The fact that they mail badges in advance is also a huge bonus as I didn't have to wait in a reg line.

The city itself was also a lot of fun to explore and the Pop Museum was AMAZING. The design was sooo cool, splitting areas into Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror and a traveling history of Star Trek exhibit Not spending money at the con also let me spend it on some awesome local food/coffee

TLDR: ECCC was fun, but I probably won't go back. I might come back to Seattle, though!~

My next con is Portland Rose City Comic Con in September! I'm going to be staying with some friends and I'm super excited. I'll be bringing back Professor Trelawney with some upgrades, I plan on making Deathly Hallows Bellatrix Lestrange (I'm aiming for as screen-accurate as possible and I'm having a blast researching) and I'm finally getting around to Sarah Sanderson for a Hocus Pocus group :3

EDIT: Sarah is coming along beautifully! I now know the pain of Rapunzel cosplayers, though. Purple is an evil color to work with. I've also never dyed so much fabric for a project before @.@ I dyed the bodice three times before I was happy, and used a combo sky blue/purple for the sides and wine/purple for the center. The draped overskirt fabric needs to be dyed a darker purple, and I'll also be dyeing half of the cream center panel a custom blend of orange, yellow and green for a murky olive/khaki color from the movie for the back left panel. The red fringed boho scarf is currently in the mail... I even tracked down screen accurate lace for the bloomers (of course, I had to dye it, haha) and 90% screen accurate embroidered flower appliques for the bodice. I'm actually aiming for Hocus Pocus "Spelltacular" Sarah from Disneyworld since the design was slightly tweaked to be a tad more modest--ie: longer bloomers as opposed to the movie's hot pants and layered fishnets instead of knee highs. (Sarah Jessica Parker was basically wearing short-shorts and a push up tube top covered up slightly with swishy side gauze panels, haha)

If anyone wants to do something Hocus Pocus related hit me up! I definitely plan on wearing Sarah pretty often this Fall :3

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-22-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Unread 03-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #3789
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Ayaasan: Oh...well it's good that you at least had some fun! ^_^ I want to go to Seattle one day my sister keeps talking about how nice it was up there xD Hopefully PRCC will be better!

Also your stuff is coming out nicely, Sarah especially! The dyeing you did looks good!

I haven't been able to do much lately but yesterday I was able to whip this up! (excuse the shirt that's on the dress form xD ) I'm making the bodice part right now and then I'll work on a different cosplay while I wait until I buy some craft foam for the armor.

Progress from this morning! Now she has a bodice and a cape and the white belt will soon be a blue belt

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-29-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 03-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #3790
Vegetasgurl

OH Hai!

I live in Vista which is just above San Diego, and im looking for someone to cosplay with for the first time! Im dying to do public cosplays and videos for my channel but I dont have anyone to join me :/
if youre interested though, add me on kik, vegetasgurl
I hope you respond....
Vegetasgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #3791
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Welcome Vegetasgurl! What do you cosplay from?

Sooooo.....I didn't get any tickets for SDCC this year...I'm so bummed out but I'll still be hanging outside of the convention. But I guess this means I can probably go to Comikaze instead.

I've also worked on my Luna cosplay from Sailor Moon and I'm almost done with it

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 04-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #3792
ayaasan

Link: Good Morning! Wonderful job on Luna. I love the organza And yeah, I honestly forgot about Comic Con until yesterday afternoon *shrugs* I mainly attempt a day pass because of the convenience of it being a "hop on the trolley" convention, but I'm saving up for Rose City and a Disneyland trip so alls well that ends well and all that jazz, haha.

I'm about 60% done with Sarah now, and I'm really happy with how everything is turning out <3 I also decided to work on Dolores Abernathy from Westworld instead of Bellatrix for RCCC. I have the patterns already, as well as several guide books on that time period so I'm super excited. You can bet I'll be making the period accurate underbust corset, shift, petticoat and bustle pad :3

Unread 05-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #3793
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Ack! It's been forever since I was on here! How is everyone?

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 05-05-2017, 01:49 AM   #3794
bad_luck
^_~

It's been forever since I've been on, too! Everyone's cosplay progress pictures look so amazing!
I need to get my butt in gear and work on some stuff, though my con plans have been derailed a bit. Was going to go to Anime Expo again with my friend, but she's not able to go. And since I'm planning on checking out the D23 Expo, I really can't afford two hotel stays on my own along with two expensive conventions. So unless something changes, D23 will be my only con this summer. I'm super excited for D23, but I'm also really nervous. I've never flown solo at a con before, and I don't want to be that lame lonely person wandering around with no friends! Does anyone have any tips on going alone and still having a fun time? I'd love to hear any advice!

As for cosplay plans, I'm planning on bringing Gadget for sure. I'm also thinking of doing a gijinka version of Gosalyn from Darkwing Duck. Either that or I could finish my Fawn (disney fairies) costume, but I think Gosalyn would be more fun! ^_~

Last edited by bad_luck : 05-05-2017 at 01:51 AM.
bad_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #3795
ayaasan

Hello! It certainly has been awhile :O

Bad_Luck: I've attended a few cons by myself, and it can actually be pretty fun. Just be sure to look up what panels you want to attend, any autographs you want to get, and what events you want to participate in. D23 usually has lots of games such as scavenger hunts and trivia which are fun as well as a traveling museum, and definitely bring a book/tablet, etc. to kill time if you want to get into any of the exclusives stores since the lines are pretty long. You don't necessarily have to stick to your plans, but it's good to have a game plan . And awww...Gosalyn! If only I was going this year--I'd totally bring Darkwing!

I've been keeping busy. I'm super close to finishing Sarah:

And I'm making progress on Dolores. The belt is the exact same Tandy kit used by the costume designer on the show, and I dyed it and the pouch (commissioned from a leather store on etsy) to match. The wig is a lace front ombre from medium brown to pale blonde and is so PERFECT!! I also tracked down screen-accurate buttons and screen accurate flocked swiss dot cotton voile that I'll be dyeing pale blue and pleating into the trim