Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 05-11-2017, 12:55 AM   #3796
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Hello everyone! ╰(°ㅂ°)╯ I hope you are all doing well. I'm sorry I have been gone for so long!

Unread 05-22-2017, 01:38 AM   #3797
bad_luck
^_~

Thanks for the advice, ayaasan! It was really helpful. I'm starting to look forward to my first solo venture! It's going to be a whole different convention experience, but I'm starting to see that that's not necessarily a bad thing, and can even be rather freeing. Thanks for setting my mind at ease!
And if I get Gosalyn done, I'd totally be up for doing a DW group sometime! It's a matter of carving out the time to work on it. On the one hand, tomorrow is the last day at my preschool for the summer. On the other, I've got five skirts to make for a local production of "Beauty and the Beast" that I'm in, and tech week is two weeks away. And I've got out of state guests visiting immediately after. At least it would be a simple costume, and I can always put my guests to work if need be ^_~.
I love how your Sarah costume is looking! All of the little details are just perfect.

Last edited by bad_luck : 05-22-2017 at 01:44 AM.
bad_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #3798
ayaasan

Welcome back Tulipe! And I hope D23 is great, Bad Luck

I'm soooo close to finishing Sarah! I'm honestly considering entering her in a contest considering how much work went into this costume. So much dyeing (and gradient dyeing, etc), weathering, hand-sewing, beading, bedazzling ,etc. @.@ I just need to finish the structural layers of the bodice before I add the pink velvet piping trim, grommets, and sleeves. I also want to replace the hook and eye on the cloak with a much more screen-accurate one once it arrives in the mail I would absolutely LOVE to make another Hocus Pocus costume if anyone is interested for a group!

And a quick video of details and sparkles :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pux8...ature=youtu.be

Check out my Tumblr for more up-to date cosplay progress

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-07-2017 at 09:19 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #3799
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Everything looks amazing Ayaasan! But holy moly that's a while lot of different fabric in one costume haha! X'D I wouldn't mind being Mary in the future X'D

But I actually was able to get tickets to SDCC for Friday and Saturday so I'll actually be doing something in July lol

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2017, 01:22 AM   #3800
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Wah. I died again. I finished up my Hawke cosplay, though it needs a little work, but armor- woohoo. I just recently got back from Anime Expo, it's been many years and that place was just NUTS, I'm on the fence about going back. I managed a few cosplays there: Keith from Voltron, Koala from One Piece, and a Genderbent Yuuri Katsuki from Yuri on Ice. I don't really have a lot of pictures unfortunately, except what's on my Instagram :[ And most of my phone stuffs are selfies. Comic-con is up next but I won't be cosplaying there, it's too much of a hassle plus my work shifts.

I do have some cosplays in the works, I'm hoping to get Dagna from DA: Inquisition done, which should be less complicated than Hawke, so I have high hopes for that. Someone from My Hero Academia- I haven't decided who. And Mari Katsuki from YOI. Just a few updates, I guess most of my stuff is on Instagram these days (.`・﹏・´.) Sorry!
Unread 07-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #3801
ayaasan

Link: cool beans I actually have Sunday off for Comic Con, so I might pop by downtown.

Tulipe: Hello again! About the same here--I'm a lot more active on my Tumblr :P And yeah, I stopped attending Anime Expo once it moved to LA. It was a combo of phasing out of watching Anime/reading manga and a hatred for that convention center.

I'm currently down to two months to finish up everything for Rose City Comic Con. I promised myself to not procrastinate this year because Emerald City was a stress-fest of con crunch. (I actually didn't even finish one of my costumes and just wore it as is. I NEVER do that)

I finished Sarah--I don't have the sleeves attached in this picture, but I packed Sarah up in a garment bag and I don't want to take it out again, haha. I used a heavy duty plastic boning and spiral steel on the sides and it takes me in a good 2 inches. All of the piping trim was custom dyed and sewn by hand @.@

I also got to work on Dolores from Westworld and I finished the bustle pad and the petticoat! Since this picture I've sewn on the waistband. I just need to finish the corset (my first fully functional busk front closure *eeek* If my math is correct I should loose 3"-4" around my waist) and then onto the skirt, bodice, custom trims and adding some curls to the front of the wig. I've got this!

I'm also trying to figure out a simple, comfy costume for Saturday night of the con that wont take up a lot of packing space. I plan on wearing Dolores that day and with the corset and the boots I'll be dead mid-day so I need something to change into *.* I was mulling over Marion Ravenwood from Indiana Jones, but I'd have to get a new wig. Then maybe Kaydel Ko Connix from Star Wars since I could use my own hair, but those boots would take up a LOT of packing space. Any ideas?

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-14-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Unread 07-15-2017, 06:29 AM   #3802
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I'm active on Tumblr, but not for cosplay things. P: Occasionally I'll post a picture or two though. That convention center is the worst and it's so boring. I hate going up there honestly but it seems like almost every convention is there. When Wondercon was there due to repairs on the Anaheim one it was the only convention center I went to all year except Comic-con. I was so sick of it! I'm debating something out of state just for something different.

Your stuff looks great though :]
Unread 07-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #3803
ayaasan

Tulipe: Thank-you Yeah, I really don't like the layout of that convention center. The Washington State Convention Center is also split up, but at least the connecting areas are clearly marked and are indoors. Wondercon also had the queue for the dealers hall inside, unlike what I've heard for AX. Plus, I just don't like going to downtown LA--the hotels are crazy expensive because of the location (When I last went to Universal Hollywood I actually booked our hotel for Anaheim that night instead of LA since the exact same hotel--Marriott--was $100 less for a 30 minute drive *ack*).... and it's just super traffic-y, smoggy, everyone seems to be in a grumpy mood.. and *bleh*

And I'm actually only doing out of state cons now, haha. My next one is in Portland, and then I'm planning on attending a Harry Potter Expo in Universal Studios Orlando next January I've also heard great things about Denver City Comic Con, so that might be next Phoenix Comic Con is supposed to be great, too, but I'm not sure if I want to brave that heat..

-----------------------------

UPDATE! I might be going to Wondercon next year! Just putting my feelers out for a Harry Potter group. I'll be working on Bellatrix next since it means I'll get to learn how to work with leather and smocking

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-28-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Unread 09-04-2017, 01:16 AM   #3804
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Hey! How is everyone doing?

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 09-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #3805
bad_luck
^_~

Hey, Link!

Whew, it's been awhile (again!) This was the busiest summer in a long time. Two plays, out-of-state guests, working on cosplay, and of course, D23!

I didn't end up making Gosalyn, but I did make some minor improvements to my Gadget costume. Mainly remaking my tail and adding a prop:

I'm really excited about how the plunger bow turned out, especially since it was pretty much made from scratch. The pencil part started out as just a 2x2 square dowel from The Home Depot. My dad has a garage full of power tools that he let me use, and he helped me bevel the sides and cut the edge into a point. After sanding for days to get it looking right, I was able to paint it, and make an "eraser" out of Model Magic. The ferrule part is just super-shiny duct-tape over cardstock :P
Making the matchstick was fun, because I learned how to steambend wood! Which was not as simple as youtube had led me to believe--I broke two dowels before getting it right.

D23 was a blast! (and my cosplay buddy was able to come with me after all at the last minute, which was awesome) Reading online about the expo beforehand was making me nervous. It sounded like if you didn't get in line the night before each evening and plan your day out to the second, you wouldn't be able to do anything, which was not the case at all! It helped that we didn't prioritize going to panels. We only went to two panels and one photo op, and they weren't the huge mainstage ones. There was plenty to see and do on the expo floor. We spent over an hour in the Pirates of the Caribbean museum alone.

The one thing I hated: the overnight lines! I would have really liked to get one of the limited edition doll sets, or get into an early panel, but unless you set up camp early the previous day, there was no chance. Getting there early in the morning is pointless, because there's a separate line that forms at 6am to get into the building. This the 21st century; an online reservation system for certain items and panels would be so much easier for all involved, and sounds much more logical than having a hobo camp outside the convention center and people spending the night in the expo basement.

All in all, it was great, and I'll definitely be back.
On a different note, I finally saw It today, and now really want to cosplay as Eddie for Halloween. But I feel I'd need a bigger group in order for it to make sense :P

But enough about me; how's everyone else?
Unread 09-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #3806
ayaasan

Bad_Luck: it's so great to hear you had fun! And I'm loving the creativity

I've been crazy busy sewing, and I can't wait to get started on some new projects. Since posting here (*ack* it's been how long?!) I finished Dolores. I'm super proud of my first fully functional corset. Everything I've made prior has mostly been decorative/structural support:

I tried to get even the undergarments as accurate as possible so that I can do season 2 trailer Dolores next *.*

And the costume itself with a slapdash makeup test:

Next up? I'm tentatively planning a trip back to Emerald City Comic Con! I was kind of meh on this con, but I had so much fun visiting Seattle, so I might spring for two days instead of a four-day pass and play tourist the rest of the time. It's on a "we'll see" basis at the moment because I'm planning on a Disneyworld/Wizarding World trip soon (2 new Disneybounds and I'm making a Slytherin winter coat) and I'll have to check finances afterward. Wondercon, though, is jumping from a "maybe" to "more than likely".
So far, my roster consists of:

1)Dolores Abernathy (Westworld): 100% ready to go

2)Professor Trelawney (Harry Potter): ““

3)Sarah Sanderson (Hocus Pocus): ""

4)Jane Porter (historical re-make; Tarzan)

5)Queen Hippolyta (Wonder Woman)

Any interest in a group for any DC, Disney, Harry Potter, or Westworld for Wondercon? ALSO, Where my witches at? I would LOVE to have a Hocus Pocus group for this con! I 100% want this to happen

Last edited by ayaasan : 10-04-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:04 AM   #3807
bad_luck
^_~

Wow, that corset is amazing, ayaasan! I can't believe it's hand-made!

I'm planning to try Wonder Con this year, too. It seems to be the one people go to, and it sounds like fun. I'd love to I'd love to do a Disney group! I'll probably bring Gadget. I've also been contemplating doing a Gijinka version of Doofus from classic Ducktales if I can figure out how to do it convincingly without looking it looking TOO ridiculous :P

Currently having some FOMO reading posts on my facebook from people attending Anime Nebraskon over Veteran's Day weekend, and I'm seriously considering trying to go. I have fond memories of Nebraskon from when I lived in the midwest, and while the big cons are great, I have been missing the smaller fan-run cons a bit. Will have to see if timing and finances allow.
Unread 10-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #3808
ayaasan

Bad_Luck: Thank-you! I have to make another one (overbust this time) for Jane and this was a great test run

And Ducktales! I grew up on the classic (My sisters and I would constantly watch the movie growing up), but I'm also LOVING the 2017 version. I have a Scrooge-inspired dress in the works I want to do something in the late 1940's style (Scrooge was created in 1947)...and even though Steampunk is Victorian I'll probably still get "random Steampunk" with the top-hat and cane *rolls eyes*

And I'd love to meet up My rough outline is as follows:

FRIDAY: Dolores-->Professor Trelawney
SATURDAY: Jane Porter-->Sarah Sanderson
SUNDAY: Queen Hippolyta-->Vice Admiral Holdo

Yup, I bring a lot of costumes, haha. But there is a method to the madness! I wear a complicated (usually uncomfortable) "showcase" costume for half the day, and then take a break mid-afternoon and change into something MUCH more comfortable Technically Saturday is my Disney day, but if a meet up comes up closer to the date I can definitely change things up.

Unread 10-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #3809
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Ayaasan: I would love to do a group or Disney or Harry Potter! I really, really wanna make Aurora's Disney 60th anniversary dress

Bad_Luck: I've always wanted to try going to Nebraskon because I have family who live there ^_^

Currently trying to finish my Halloween costume this year!

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 10-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Unread 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #3810
ayaasan

Link: That's awesome!! (And that design is very pretty!) And I see Kylo Ren in your list! I'm working on Vice Admiral Holdo and I'd love some pics together :3 (I actually emailed Arda about getting the Bucky lacefront in lavender and was given a hint that they'll be releasing a wig for her this winter. eeeek!!) I was considering finally getting around to a Tusken Raider build, but I'd need a handler since I'd have a very limited range of vision. I'll also be wearing Jane a majority of the day Saturday so I can't wait to see your Aurora

And a new photo has surfaced of Vice Admiral Holdo! How gorgeous is this dress??!!

So, slightly tweaked lineup since I'm planning on Sarah being photoshoot/special events only (It's a revealing costume, so I'd be mad uncomfortable without a group):

FRIDAY: Dolores Abernathy (Probably only for a few hours since I'm wearing a corset), and then Professor Trelawney for the rest of the day. Maybe meet up for pictures? I'd be more than happy to bring props, treats, etc. Harry Potter is my number one fandom...heck, I'm making another trip to Orlando in a few months, haha.

SATURDAY: Jane Porter and then Vice Admiral Holdo the rest of the day.

SUNDAY: Queen Hippolyta (all day)

*I'm pretty ding dang sure there are a few Disney, Star Wars and DC meet ups so I might be changing the configuration a bit if there are any morning meet-ups. The Disney one is usually late Sunday afternoon, though, which totally doesn't work for me. As I mentioned in my last post, I like wearing my complicated costumes in the morning when I'm coffee energized and ready to go. By mid-afternoon I'm pooped and ready to change into a simple costume or casual. Every year I think I'll make it and I never do, haha.

Definitely keep in touch! I'm a LOT more active on my Tumblr, so I'll respond much more quickly there.

Last edited by ayaasan : 10-20-2017 at 03:11 PM.