Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #541
ayaasan

@Tulipe: I didn't get into any panels last year. It's gotten a little too crazy, imo :/ I went into shock when I just walked into panels at Wonder Con this year ten minutes early :O The Robot Chicken Panel at LBCC also was easy--just lined up 20-25 minutes early.

The list of plans after Loki and Rarity.... it is finally complete!

Ms. Marvel: http://www.damnlag.com/wp-content/uploads/ms-marvel.png

Golden Age Black Canary: http://michaelmay.us/08blog/10/1027_flashcomics86bc.jpg

Lillian Gracey/Tightrope Walker from Haunted Mansion:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...hmfo1_1280.jpg

~~Going to wait for the second season of Once Upon a Time before I make my final decision for a character/costume design

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-16-2012 at 09:53 AM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #542
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I definitely can't wait to see Lillian Gracey to be done! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #543
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

It's because stupid people wouldn't leave Hall H. Every other convention, people would have been emptied out of that room and had to line up again behind the people already waiting. It's not fair. People can camp in there all day if they want to, no one stops them.

Although the highlight of my Friday was when Seth Green stopped to take a picture of our Sailor Moon stuff. xD That was hilarious.

@Link: I forgot to answer your question earlier. No, she never found her bow. Apparently we were supposed to ask one of the officers at the trolley station but- our Moon didn't give us that message. You can use a regular leotard for Mercury. :] I realized after we broke apart that I should have been like "HERE. CHECK THE MATERIAL" Mind if I add you to FB?

@Ayaasan: I know, right? It's not even fair. But RDJ was also at the Marvel booth on Saturday and it must have been during my shift. So depressed. ._. I need to find new conventions with awesome actors that I actually have a CHANCE at seeing. And also, you choose such creative cosplays- it's amazing. xD

If we're doing outfits for next year, my list is gonna get pretty long.

Feudal Era Nami: http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0...6_01_super.png

Rogue: Still deciding outfit

Ironettes/ USO girls

And bringing back a lot that are already done. 8D
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #544
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Super! Now I could actually get started on it! I definitely want to make her VR Visor/Goggles and her mini computer (oh boy I can dream haha xD) Yeah you can add me on FB! :3 I can do some research and find out which fabric will be good

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #545
Jonowxeno
Photog

You guys as exhausted from Comic Con as I am lol? Sad I didn't get to see you guys, but Friday/Sat I was sitting in Hall H all day anyways.

Friday, my friends had lined up at 2:30am so we were sitting within the first group of chairs front and center all day for ParaNorman(which actually looks good), The Big Bang Theory(Hilarious panel), The Walking Dead(awesome), Game of Thrones(so-so panel, my coworker asked the final audience question), Resident Evil(Milla Jovovich was so excited and talkative), Sony Panel - Total Recall, Looper, and Elysium all look good.

Sat, we weren't so close cause we all couldn't wake up as early lol... Django Unchained(I didn't care for it), Silent Hill(meh), Warner Brothers - Man of Steel could be good, Marvel lineup looks good, Godzilla announcement, Pacific Rim is just gonna be huge robot/monsters, and Iron Man 3 - RDJ walked in from the back instead of the stage and got huge roars from the audience.

Sad thing about the panels was no freebies except for Game of Thrones which was a nice bag with a notebook, shirt(i got House Lannister), and copy of the book. Also sad that Firefly was overlapped on Friday cause I would have loved to see that.

I didn't have time to goto The Walking Dead Escape at Petco Park, but from what I heard, it was awesome.

And yes, let me know when you guys want to do a shoot. I gave up trying to takes pictures at Comic Con cause there's so many people in the way and I was carrying too much stuff and trying to get in line for more stuff. I think my final count is 24 tshirts, 4 of which are Expendables 2 cause Lionsgate, I think, just made too many shirts and posters so they handed multiples to everyone.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #546
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: If you find some nice clear glasses that'll work you could always use a stained glass paint to turn it blue. That worked for my Butterfree glasses. Took a few turns, but it worked out in the end.

@Jono: You got into the IM3 panel? Arrrrg. D8 I hope you took video/ pictures.

Yes, I am exhausted. My swag was limited but I did get some pretty awesome things. Got the Lionsgate poster set. Signed picture for RE6. Got the Iron man 3 concept art. Some little comic books. Buttons. Pins. Posters galore. Nothing super exciting. :]
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 07-16-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #547
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Firefly was the panel that my friend was trying to get into but couldn't, she was really bummed out. :P Oh gosh I want it to be October already!!! I want the 3rd season of the walking dead to start already! xD Even my little nephew can't wait! x3 I heard someone won a ticket to space :O

We'll be sure to let you know when we can get a photoshoot I heard Sylvester Stallone was staying at the hotel my mom works at but he left because his son died on Friday

Tulipe: Yeah I was thinking of doing some thing like that

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #548
Jonowxeno
Photog

@Tulipe: No, I didn't manage any photos inside Hall H cause I don't have a long zoom lens and it's too low light since Flash doesn't help from such a long distance. The best photos I got were the ones outside with The Walking Dead cast, Steven Yuen was cool, actually talked to me instead of just photo.

I got so much swag, shirts and posters galore, ton of buttons, some power ranger masks, Got the RE6 signed, DmC signed, CapcomXTekken signed, Lost Planet 3 signed, got my Tales game signed by Hideo Baba, oh and won a Wii Fightstick when I got the Capcom Grab Bag. Bought the Portal Gun and some Square Enix stuff, Also bought some stuff from Hasbro, but that's just for selling.

@Link: Yes, someone won a Flight to Space(Upper Atmosphere really) during The Big Bang Theory panel, which is awesome but I'm assuming she has to pass rigorous testing to qualify. If she can't handle the G-force, she won't be able to go.

Photoshoot - ideally weekend, location - I don't mind going where ever, I guess it depends what you guys cosplay so it matches.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #549
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Jono: Awww. Too bad. Hopefully it was still fun though! :]

I'm gonna upload some pictures later. Once I do some cleaning.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #550
ayaasan

@Tulipe: I can't wait to see pics! And you got to meet Seth Green?! Lucky!!

@Jono: Sounds like you had an awesome time, overall

I'm currently killing time, since I have the day off, and I'm procrastinating on Loki. Here's 95% complete Rarity, though!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3247317/

Now I'm off to style a Lillian Gracey wig--I hope to debut her at Mickey's Halloween Party

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #551
Jonowxeno
Photog

@Tulipe: Ya, those couple photos I have up on Facebook are about all I took, I had too much stuff in my hands and was running around a lot between booths. Having photos with 4 members of The Walking Dead cast is good enough for me though! I would have been able to get photos with George RR Martin, Emilia Clark(Daenerys) and Rose Leslie(Ygritte) if their assistants weren't rushing them for something. Oh! Do you know why they were blasting the AC in the Pavillion at 7am when we were waiting in the Hasbro ticket line? It was freezing!

@ayaasan: ya, overall it was fun.
There are some things I should have planned better, but thats with information I know now. Some little things were annoying - I got bumped/hit plenty of times by people in wheelchairs or pushing strollers(So hard to see them since they are below eye level.) One acquaintance was annoying while we were in Hall H, kept making comments while watching and in between every panel, she had to goto the bathroom so I had to watch her stuff + save her seat from the mass of people trying to move up.
Your Rarity looks great! There was one super cute little girl maybe like 7 or 8 dressed up as Rarity who asked a question during either the ParaNorman or The Big Bang Theory panel, she made the whole cast and audience go awwwww.

I think I need like 14hours of sleep tonight to reset myself, I'm surprised I'm not sick from the lack of sleep.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #552
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Tulipe & Ayaasan: is it possible to get regular jeans, bleach them, and then dye them? Or would I have to get white jeans and dye them?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #553
ayaasan

I would highly recommend getting white jeans for dyeing, since the bleaching process would massively weaken the fibers in the jeans, and holes are no bueno
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #554
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

alright thanks. It's cause I need some like pink to hot pinkish shorts for Claire and I was looking up some videos of people bleaching their shorts to white.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #555
ayaasan

Awww...sort of cosplay relevant--I was cleaning out my costumes/organizing today and my new puppy is officially terrified of fluffy wigs XD Merida had her running for the hills, and Lottie had her under my sister's bed >.<