Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #1021
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

If we couldn't have long conversations like this what would be the point of the thread? Most of our conversations are based on cosplay construction, suggestions, meet-ups/ gatherings, conventions and photoshoots all based in the San Diego and SoCal area. So how does that make it spam? There are threads bigger than this, and they do much of the same. I'm not sure what exactly you're meaning to express but just because even if it seems like it's just us the search for San Diego cosplayers doesn't just end suddenly. Posting the same thread at shortened intervals on the forum and remaking said thread when it 'gets big' is more like spam than what we are doing.

We have not gone off topic, nor have we just talked about our 'daily lives'. Part of the seeking cosplayers forum is to find people who have similar interests, cosplay similar things, and are in the same area. We are getting to know one another and are helping one another with cosplays and I fail to see how that makes this spam. Which is actually not how spam works. It has nothing to do with the size of the thread, especially since our purpose has not been fulfilled. It will continue to get bigger as long as we are here to fuel the thread and there is nothing wrong with that. Since when was there a page or size limit on threads?
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 08-06-2012 at 03:52 AM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #1022
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Dude... Honestly, you're one to talk. For the past few times that I've gone to the "seeking cosplayers" thread you are posting the same thing over and over again. Asking for cosplaying people to be your friend on Facebook and what not. I'd consider that more of a spam. You make the same thread twice, even three times a month!

And besides...this is a seeking thread for San Diego people. So, so what if we have long conversations about on topic stuff. I made it so then I can or other people can get together from San Diego. There are other San Diego people who eventually post in this thread as well. Other threads are like this as well, you don't see other people complaining about it being so long.

Tulipe: well said my friend and as for going back to our usual conversation I am totally up for meeting up with you guys on Wednesday! Even if it is to take pictures in our random cosplay xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 08-06-2012 at 07:34 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #1023
magiccosplay01

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Dude... Honestly, you're one to talk. For the past few times that I've gone to the "seeking cosplayers" thread you are posting the same thing over and over again. Asking for cosplaying people to be your friend on Facebook and what not. I'd consider that more of a spam. You make the same thread twice, even three times a month!

And besides...this is a seeking thread for San Diego people. So, so what if we have long conversations about on topic stuff. I made it so then I can or other people can get together from San Diego. There are other San Diego people who eventually post in this thread as well. Other threads are like this as well, you don't see other people complaining about it being so long.

Tulipe: well said my friend and as for going back to our usual conversation I am totally up for meeting up with you guys on Wednesday! Even if it is to take pictures in our random cosplay xD
I do not make a thread every three months, that is a lie. I have not posted anything for months now, because i stoped posting anything at all, because nothing works to be honest when even finding friends for that matter. And the reason why i posted such things, most of the time is because i really wanted to find friend around this area, but to be honest nobody cared for my post so that is why i even bothered to keep trying. And when it comes to the bottom of it all, if you dont try you wont find anything. So i dont see nothing wrong with that as considering it to be spam at all. And i am well in the lines of seeking cosplayers, not seeking spam, because im actually trying to find a group of cosplayers. I am not even complaining towards your posts, just thought it was considered spam cuz well it was completely off topic of what was for this section of forums, everyone has a right to their own opinion of course, but to be honest no well reason to make a scene outta of it.

Last edited by magiccosplay01 : 08-06-2012 at 08:13 AM.
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #1024
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Fine, whatever. You are titled to your own opinion about whether you think this thread is a spam or not. I'm not here to pick a silly argument over the internet which would be really childish.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 08-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #1025
Jonowxeno
Photog

If you have a problem with this thread, take it up with a forum administrator.

If you were looking for cosplay group/friends, why don't you contribute to the thread? Why instead would you say, this is spam and should be closed. That makes no sense to me if you are looking for friends. You say your posts don't work, well maybe that has something to do with you. I've met plenty of local people already and spent this entire past weekend hanging out with cosplayers that I just met.

-------------------------------------------------
Well back on topic -
@Link: Was fun seeing you again, nice to meet your sister too. What time did you stay till? I left cause I thought I was going to Oceanside bonfire but ending up driving to a party in Irvine lol...

In regards to the Gigacon - I might go for a bit if other people I know go, but ya, it's kinda random lol...I think a lot of people are trying to figure out rides to it.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #1026
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I stayed till like 10 I think. That whole group turned into only 7 people by that time. We later saw a street performer play with fire and then swallow swords.

Wow, you traveled that far?! :O

I got invited to that Gigacon as well on Facebook but I don't know, like almost everyone is saying on there, I would need a ride there if I decide to go :P but other than that there will be another gathering on the 25th to celebrate two birthdays/international cosplaying day at Seaport Village again.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 08-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #1027
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

So, you're saying your threads are unsuccessful so you think a thread that IS successful should become spam and stop being active? That makes no sense at all. I'm also not sure you understand the definition of spam. You said yourself if you don't try you won't find anything, well we tried and we found something. All of us have been successful in finding cosplaying friends through this thread. It is active and ON TOPIC we are all San Diego cosplayers (or photographers) and we found one another through this thread. We keep this thread alive through small conversation that varies but in general still relates to BEING A SAN DIEGO COSPLAYER. Posting multiple threads with the same message of looking for someone IS spam, what we are doing is NOT. You are looking for people who cosplay in the San Diego area and that is what we are, had you of stayed you might have been able to find what you were looking for, instead you've insulted us and told us we shouldn't exist right now. By your logic should we then just make another thread that says the same thing? Because it's just going to continue to grow again and again.

I'm done. 8D Sorry Link, Jono, Ayaasan~
---

On the topic of Giga-con, I wasn't sure if that was something that was supposed to be super public or not. >_> I am familiar with some of the people 'running' it but it's waaaay too many people and eventually everyone is going to start disappearing in the crowd. It's basically just a giant gathering and that many people I don't know if I could handle it. x-x
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 08-06-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #1028
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I don't how I'd deal with a big gathering even the last one was kinda of big and I didn't talk to all of them, once it got smaller it was better.

I WILL buy Sailor Mercury's wig on Friday O.O

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 08-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #1029
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

So uh... Plans for tomorrow, or no?
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #1030
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm still all up for meeting up again (in cosplay or not)

I remembered that Amora (Enchantress) has a younger sister (Lorelei)! http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...h-616)_002.jpg I wish I could persuade my younger sister

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 08-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #1031
ayaasan

I might have to take a rain-check for today >.<
I just got off from day six in a row at work, and yesterday was free Tuesday at my museum. Actually crashed around 9:00 last night 0.o

As for updates, I just need to finish hand-sewing Loki's cape-- finally,lol-- and that costume will be done!!~ And James Hong is going to be at Comikaze!!!~--definitely seeking him out for at least a picture, irregardless of price

Then off to starting to work on Lillian Gracey, since I have most of the fabric already, and I can re-purpose the Snow White wig I'll be buying, and then tomorrow I'll be going coupon shopping for the rest of the Ice Queen fabric I need. I also have a TON of suede left over from Boushh, Merida, and Loki, so I need to organize what I have for Snow and see what else I need to buy

I'm slowly collecting materials for Batgirl, but no huge rush since I don't need her until next Spring for Wonder Con, and Ms. Marvel I can procrastinate on because it's such an easy costume :P
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #1032
Jonowxeno
Photog

Wow, you must have been tired to crash so early, do you normally work 6 days in a row? Do you have work next Monday? I may be at Balboa for next gathering if I take off work.

Updates for me - I just spent my paycheck on a new lens, most expensive one to date...but once it gets here, I'll be itching to use it ^^

Definitely looking forward to Comikaze! I'm guessing the schedule won't be up till we get closer.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #1033
ayaasan

I have a fairly erratic schedule, but I tend to not work longer than five days in a row. Free tuesdays in the summer are a bear 0.0 We had lines winding around the fountain outside the museum crowded yesterday. And since it tends to draw the attention of *ahem* "lower brow" crowds, I was basically just roving the store for pick-pockets and running outside to help with the line control. (Fully prepped to help at a con, lol)

I work 1:30-7:30 on Monday, but I'll probably be up earlier because of the unreliable public transit schedule.

I'm sooo excited for Comikaze! I ended up not having the funds for two nights, so I could only fit in three costumes. I'm bringing Wonder Woman and Loki, and Merida instead of Supergirl, since I worked so hard on that costume and I haven't worn her anywhere yet. Supergirl will be debuted at Long Beach and/or Halloween instead
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #1034
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I hate that I keep forgetting about the free Tuesdays... >.<

Jono: how much was your new lenses? (which reminds me, I need to go pick up my new glasses)

Ayaasan: I wanna go to Wonder Con!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 08-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Unread 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #1035
ayaasan

@Link: Here is Kelldar's amazing Enchantress costume It has progress shots of the tights and some details, which are the same tights as the New Avengers, and I'd be more than happy to help out

And YES! I'm not 100% sure where Wonder Con will be next year, but I'll be there irregardless of location--Anaheim, or even back in San Francisco. I'll be bringing Ice Queen, Batgirl, Ms. Marvel, Amy Pond and Snow White