Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #91
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Tulipe I find a lot of things interesting. Sometimes I'll probably resist but once I'm finally seated down I'll most likely learn to like it xD I'm not a really a fan of high heels. When I'm forced to wear them I take a pair of regular shoes with me to change in later. :P Well it'll always be there for whenever you feel like watching something

Well planning a year is still good, right?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #92
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

That's always a good thing. xD I don't like high heels and have little to no practice in them. I wore them for AX last year and brought a pair of flat to change into. I have a pair of boots this year which are actually very comfortable and I walked all day at ALA with them~ I am ashamed to say I didn't accomplish even one episode today. D:

I suppose. We always plan too far ahead and then the people we recruit disappear when the time comes. D:
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #93
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'd rather own a lot flats that would go nice with anything I wear instead of buying high heels. I actually wore high heels Sunday. I can handle walking in heels for like a few hours and then after that I'm pooped, and I have to either sit or change shoes. Pants and regular shoes are my friends I think I'd rather wear boots instead of heels.
Oh well those episodes aren't going anywhere

Oh darn that blows. :/ I don't really have a group. If you'd consider it a group it would just be me, my 6 yr niece and 4 yr old nephew.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #94
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Agreed. I'd rather choose flats any day! Another reason I tend to avoid female cosplays, they like to wear scary looking shoes. Uncomfortable ones not meant for all day walking and more so torture. x-x We'll say I did a lot of sitting the day I had to wear those heels. And walking around barefoot a lot. Knowing what heels can do to your body, I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible, but sometimes I have to. D:
Very true, I just get more and more behind. xD

Ah well, I have four 'group members' and then we recruit our friends from time to time. We've been trying to get more people to join us for all our stuff not just one or two, but people agree and then disappear. D:
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #95
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

How they can wear those kind of shoes all day is beyond me. I just know that if the shoes look scary, they will be evil to walk in. -_- I would be surprised to see cosplayers starting to walk barefoot. Even that is more comfortable than wearing the heels and stuff. :P So far I don't think that characters that I chose have any scary shoes.
I have shows that I need to catch up on quick! :O

Do they lose interest in cosplaying in groups or cosplaying in general?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #96
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Praise to those who can. I just hope they realize their feet aren't supposed to be at such an angle. xD Well, some do. I wouldn't really do it a lot because you don't know what's around. I did it at ALA around the pool deck, but I think that's acceptable? If you do school uniforms you can get some pretty comfy shoes. xD
>_<

Well, one person who was with us moved away, she used to come back for conventions, but now she doesn't anymore. And then the other two kind of lost interest and dropped off the planet. Some people think themselves 'too cool' to cosplay.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #97
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Comfy shoes = a happy person :3

Wow that blows. :\ I'm guessing that happens to most people who try and make groups and stuff. That probably makes things stressful.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #98
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Very much so!

Well, the four of us now we've been together for about three years now. And we've always managed to get what we planned done. We just wanted to expand to bigger projects and it's difficult when only four people stick with it. xD I suppose it's kind of like doing a group project at school you hope everyone does their part but there's always one or two that don't.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #99
ayaasan

Totally know how ya feel on groups falling apart. I originally was going to LBCC with a group of USO Girls--barely anything was accomplished when I announced that I didn't have enough time to sew them all by myself (although I'd be there to help!~) due to working on a costume for a Halloween event/contest the same weekend. I really want to be in a group that pulls their own weight >.< I mean, I love helping out, but I'm not going to do everything.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #100
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I remember when I was still in high school there was this friend that we had and well whenever it came to group projects we didn't like pairing up with her. She never put in any effort in the work, was mostly absent and or asked us to "help" her with it. And even when it wasn't a school project like homework in general she wouldn't do it until the last minute. She once asked my friend if she look at her paper and my friend told her that she didn't finish it so she was like "okay just let me see when your done." And then she left our table.
I mean I have trouble with things but I try to figure out things first (a lot of times) and then I ask for help.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-30-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #101
ayaasan

On a happier note, though, I'm almost finished with Wonder Woman!~ Just need to make the very full/gathered miniskirt and applique the stars, and she's done!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3216217/

I also just found 2.5 yards of some medium-weight purple moleskin in my fabric stash--let's see how fast I can make a golden age Catwoman :3 Then onto Loki and Black Canary. Hooboy, on a comics kick, much?
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #102
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I saw your USO girl outfit. It's beautiful~ A friend in my group wants to do that as well as the Ironettes next year. Thankfully we can all sew~ of course some of us are better than others. I myself am fairly new at sewing but I'm learning. D: I've been fairly lucky in the sense that my group is pretty willing to work together even if we're small.

Edit: I saw your updated WW on the front page, lovely~ Gonna do Lady Loki or movie Loki or comic Loki? o:

@Link: Yes, That sounds familiar. At least try it's much better than just claiming you can't do anything before you even try. There's always something even if you can't sew~ There are other parts of cosplay.

I know I haven't yet perfected sewing most of my expertise goes to painting or prop making. xD I have another friend who's good at wig styling and then another with shoes. So we all kind of contribute in different ways. Though a lot of our stuff is simple and I still want to get a superhero type cosplay going. I'd like to steer away from anime/ manga a little bit.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 05-30-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #103
ayaasan

@TulipeNoire: Awww...thank-you! That was my first 100% from scratch costume without commercial patterns (drafted my own), so I was purdy happy with how it all worked out.
Oh! And are we talking a specific era? I lean more toward the Golden Age and Bronze Age, since they both have some wonderfully ridiculous costumes that aren't quite as revealing XD
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #104
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Ayaasan: Your Wondie is looking amazing! You fit her well! I can't wait to see you start working on female Loki! xD I keep telling my nephew that I love Loki and he gets upset because Loki is a "bad person!" He's a big Iron Man fan and he also loves the Hulk! Well he likes all of the Avengers x3

@Tulipe: I know, I'm not good at sewing since I'm barely starting but I look up tutorials and stuff to help me out with sewing. They really do help out a lot even if I can't do it exactly the same way. Most people say that I'm more better in making props and stuff. But I still feel like I need a whole lot of more practice. :/ And I'm doing everything by myself since no one but my momsie knows how to sew and she is always busy and tired so I don't really like to bother her for help.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #105
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@ayaasan: It's awesome! The skirt, did you do it piece by piece and put it together or some other method? It seems like it would be the most difficult part of the whole thing.
I haven't really thought of any particular age mostly because my brain goes "I want to cosplay that" then I look at all the outfits, get sad, and forget that I was looking at something. xD

@Link: That's always the first step. My friend she just makes things on the fly and somehow they come out looking nice, it's crazy and makes me jealous. But I feel better with the fact that she can't paint so I get to do the details and things like that. Youtube tutorials I find are the easiest. But sometimes things just happen. One time I just picked up some fabric and made a skirt. xD Because I could.

I used to have like, sewing parties, but those started to get dull when only one of us had a sewing machine. So days before conventions or photoshoots we'd all get together and work on things. Some styling wigs, finishing touches on things, making props, etc. I love having cosplay making parties. 8D Even if we're not all doing the same cosplay, because we can all include our own ideas and knowledge.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 05-30-2012 at 09:15 PM.