Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #1126
ayaasan

I shall make a penguin army, then! And they all need to have names that start with "Gu" They're not that hard to make, I can even make a tutorial if anyone should want an army of their own :3 I love Adventure Time because the shapes are so fun and squishy for making plush.

I always keep a promise, we'll just have to figure out a day. My days off are rather sporadic, but if all else fails, I have Skype!
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #1127
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Ooo~ A tutorial would be awesome! I'm not a fan of Adventure time, but I'm always willing to try out things and improve being able to make things. I'd like to make plushes. o: I really want to learn how to make an Octo-plush. My favorite animal~

I have Skype too! 8D
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #1128
ayaasan

Like a chibi octopus plush? I made a bunch of "squiddles" for Homestuck (in addition to an actual army of scalemates), and the pattern's super easy to modify for a rounder shape. It's basically a ball (6 ovals that form a point, kinda like a flower petal, sewn together) with the tentacles either individually sewn on, or a base shape with 8 tentacles I can make a small one tomorrow, take pics of the progress, and you can have him/her the next time we see each other

EDIT: By some insane miracle, I actually managed to snag this Sunday off!!

Last edited by ayaasan : 08-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #1129
Jonowxeno
Photog

My sister is pretty good at making plushies too if you need anything.

@Tulipe: lol, I totally forgot about Veve's house thing. I'm glad I met her and Heather, they photograph well together.
I haven't been in the crowd long enough to see a lot, but at GigaCon I know Darryl was annoyed when he was shooting the guy in the Predator suit and everyone followed him around. I hope he wasn't annoyed when I shot Heather+Veve with him at the end of the day, I did manage to help him out by spot focusing when it was getting dark =)

@ayaasan: Well if you got Sunday off, I guess we have to all meet up before Tulipe heads for Hawaii! I think there's a gathering Sunday, forgot what and whether it's Balboa or Seaport.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #1130
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Aww. Cool. Thanks! Eventually I want to learn how to make things on my own I have my own army of octopus plush from all over the place and from different people.

@Jono: Veve's house was beautiful! xD They're both very nice and very good cosplayers! I love their stuff, it always turns out really well.
I think Darryl was just frustrated with the fact that he set up the shoot and then everyone ran over and started taking their own pictures. I'm sure he wasn't annoyed. You'd know if he was annoyed. xD He knew who you were after the shoot, so I'd say he wasn't annoyed with you at all.

I don't think it I can make it Sunday guys. ; w ; My brother's birthday. D:
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #1131
ayaasan

@Tulipe: Oh, no! It's rare for me to get off weekends during the summer, too Maybe we can all meet up and see a movie or something before you leave?

I might have to postpone your octopus tutorial until tomorrow... This bodice put up a valiant fight, but I have finally defeated the main shape!! I just need to hand-applique the pinned areas, and applique the odd shapes from the cartoon, then onto the sleeves!! YAY!

Last edited by ayaasan : 08-15-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #1132
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I know! I'm bummed, finally the perfect day and I can't make it. D: I still have three weeks or so~

Don't worry, take your time. xD Looking good!
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #1133
Jonowxeno
Photog

@Tulipe: Yeah, I have a couple really good shots of Heather and Veve together, check my Giga-Con album.
Ya, I saw Darryl setting up for the shoot so I didn't want to get in the way, just took one quick shot from far away cause my new lens can zoom so far ^^ For Heather and Veve, the crowd really thinned out by that time so I think it went well.
Were all the other photograhers associated with Conji or Giga? I heard some gossip about another photographer named Jon/Jonathan, so I need to go by Jono lol...

@ayaasan: So there's a couple things going on Sunday, there's a Hetalia Picnic at Balboa but I think the bigger thing is the SD Lantern Festival in El Cajon if you were interested in either.

It's too bad Tulipe is busy, but I say yes to a movie night. There's nothing big coming out between now and when she leaves, but I haven't seen Ted yet and wouldn't mind seeing TDKR again.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #1134
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Jono: Looks awesome! :]
Yeah, Darryl was waiting for him to show up so I think he just wanted to do a solo shoot. Dunno. Heather and Veve disappeared and then reappeared. xD I wanted to watch the shoot, I like observing photoshoots for some reason, but when it got really dark and you guys disappeared I had a hard time seeing. I could still SEE but no faces. Darryl is fine with it I think, as long as you ask to join and not just jump in and assume~ He's pretty chill.
Uhh, Darryl is head of- something at Conji. Richie does all kinds of stuff but I think he dropped some things, like Marketing. And Brian, I'm not sure what he does for Conji if anything, I just know he's a photographer and one of the Gigaventure people. Jonathan is... Jonathan... The other photographers I didn't know. ^^;

Gah. The Lantern festival.. It makes me angry. D<
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #1135
ayaasan

Angry? o.0
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #1136
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

It's.. Uh... A story not to be told on a public forum. >_>
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #1137
Jonowxeno
Photog

@Tulipe: thanks!
Oh I know what happened when Heather+Veve disappeared. A group of us(10-12 people I think) went to TapEx to get something to drink. I took my friend and two girls I just met while another guy drove two trips to get everyone else. Heather and Veve were in that other group (at this point I didn't know them yet either)
At TapEx we were kinda split cause of people already there, my group in one corner, the rest in the other. My group drank our drinks and played an epic Jenga game and left. Apparently the other group sat there talking for a long time so Heather/Veve got stuck until everyone was ready to leave, thus delaying the shoot. Too bad I didn't know cause I could have just squeezed them into my car.
And yeah, it got really dark. When I trying to say goodbye, I couldn't even see the person's face so I didn't know who I was saying goodbye to lol.

What happened at lantern festival? PM or FB message it to me if it shouldn't be public.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #1138
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Yeah, I heard they went off. xD Darryl was talking about how he had wanted to do a shoot with them, and it was getting late/ dark. I was ready to go home, he was my ride. xD But he had commented about how one group came back, must have been you guys, and the other- that had Veve and Heather, didn't. I believe the other Jonphotographer was their ride, he was socializing, they were stuck.
I remember saying good-bye to you, and Link and I were standing around waiting for a while. It sucked that all the people we were with had black clothing on. xD Their faces blurred. But Link had this bright skeleton on her sweater so I could find her!
Then they tried to start a fire and I was like "That's our signal to gooo~"
Everyone is actually heading up to Vegas this weekend for a convention. Lucky ducks~

Nothing happened AT the festival. But I'll PM it to you.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #1139
Jonowxeno
Photog

Yeah, I heard they were all going to Animegacon in Vegas. I thought about going, but it being a first year con gave me pause, plus I didn't want to rent a room just for myself since the only person I knew going actually lives in Vegas. And I think it's going to be hot...and that would mean I would just hang out at the pools, lol
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 08-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #1140
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I wanted to go, just because I wanted to go to Vegas. xD No other reason, didn't care much about the con itself. I just really want to go to Vegas. It wouldn't be worth it to walk around in that weather with cosplay and wigs on. I might cry.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr