Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #106
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Tulipe: A pleated skirt was actually the first thing I have ever sewn by myself. I was so scared that I was going to mess up but my mom said I did well for my first time. She just literally had me sit down at the machine and do it myself. I'm a visual person so I do much better after I see someone do something first. So I'm usually sitting down in front of the computer repeating videos until I think I can do it myself. I wish I had some people to help me on things I couldn't do on my own. My siblings try to help me out by giving me their ideas on how to help me.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil: DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #107
ayaasan

@Link: lol, I'm a huge Iron Man fan, too...mostly due to Robert Downy Jr., although I wouldn't say no to Thor, lol I love interacting with kids in costume when it comes to villains--I was officially dubbed "mean sister" when I was Drizella, and kids either loved me or were terrified of Boushh XD I can hardly wait to get started on Loki! I already have a majority of the supplies for the diadem, and I have all of the suede fabrics for the underskirt and bodice. I also found and bought from a member on the rpf who makes Snow White's engagement ring from Once Upon a Time--it's green, so it's now also one of Loki's rings in addition

@Tulipe: Yup, I cut out 24 panels for the skirt--12 red and 12 white. Each panel was individually hemmed, pleated, and then top-stitched to hold the pleat. Then sewn together and pressed with my handy iron. The hand-gathered white tulle petticoat trimmed with red bias tape is totally what gives it the proper shape. Not hard, just SUPER time consuming >,<
And don't give up! I actually make a list of pretty much anything I see that I want to do, and when the opportunity arises, you can go "hey, I can cosplay *insert name* now!!" I only just now think I can tackle Loki. (It also doesn't help that my Mom's a huge nerd, and encourages specific comic/scifi characters XP)
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #108
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: Aww, that's nice. :] I wish I had someone to learn off of. My friends all promise they'll teach me things, then grab the fabric and do it themselves, forgetting about me. So I had to try on my own. And it's always nice to have someone there to help out~

@Ayaasan: Oh. I see. Hemming them all individually would probably give it a better look than all at the same time. I'll keep that in mind for the future, good tips! I'd probably have tried to do something else that would have turned out horrible and had a lot of frustration. xD Well, I have a list of cosplays and things, it's more that I don't have the proper body shape to pull off any of the heroines outfits~
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #109
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Ayaasan: I too am a fan of Robert Downy Jr. and Thor (is voice is amazing! :O My nephew loves his super heroes but he also like some villains from video games xD Your Drizella is amazing! I'm not sure if I told you or not but I remember I think it was last year but at the Disneyland Mickey Mouse Halloween party I saw a Drizella and Anastasia there were taking pictures with some villains they acted just like them! x3 Hooray for Loki!!!

Aside from cosplay, I just finish setting up an interview to work at Target on Friday. Hopefully I get it because I need money haha ^_^; My babysitting days are not enough

@Tulipe: I take all the help I can get! xD

W.I.P:
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-30-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #110
ayaasan

@Tulipe: there's always a way around the superheroine skimpy dilemma! Pick a character, and see what other variations of the costume are available. That's why I was ecstatic when I found Jim Lee's "classic" interpretation of Wondie with a skirt Golden Age Black Canary is also more campy ala Adam West Batman and less risque than the modern version Heck, I even found a variant of Supergirl in shorts, and Golden Age Catwoman wears a knee-length dress!~ (Knee-high boots with gel inserts and nylons also do wonders for dem legs, lol) My Star Trek TOS uniform skant was actually my first skimpy costume, my sister is the one who helped me get over being so terribly self-conscious. And Wonder Woman was sooooo much fun--got to be a badass all day!

@Link: That's AWESOME! I definitely want to go to MNSSHP this year! I've yet to meet the stepsisters, and they're my favorite Disney villains
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #111
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: I've actually wanted to make either Batgirl or even Hawkgirl (but gosh those wings xD) hmm I can't remember who I think my favorite disney villain is

W.I.P:
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #112
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: Yep, xD And it always makes it more fun with other people~

@Ayaasan: I'm not super afraid of the skimpyness, but I'd want to avoid it as much as possible. xD And my main problem is I can't figure out which heroine to be! I wanted to do something with my group, but only one other person wants to do the superheorines/ superheros thing. Always comes back to being uncertain~ I've always wanted to do some version of Rogue though, don't know why

Mm. RDJ and Chris Hemsworth. Excuse me while I fangirl in the corner. One of the best things about the Avengers movie. Eye candy~
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #113
jambreaker
Narrator for Bad Mimes

I cosplay, but often I end up finding out about gatherings at SDCC by seeing the group already getting together somewhere ...
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #114
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Tom Hiddleston is an amazing Loki! xD You should be Rogue, it would be awesome!

W.I.P:
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #115
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambreaker View Post
I cosplay, but often I end up finding out about gatherings at SDCC by seeing the group already getting together somewhere ...
Do they let you join them right there and then?

W.I.P:
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #116
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I will admit to be a fangirl of him as a person and as an actor, but I don't like Loki. >_> I mean I do, but I don't obsess over him like some tend to. There's no real way to justify he's actions, he's not a nice person.

Most gatherings no matter where are more than happy to have you join in. ^^ Even if you didn't sign up, not everyone knows about the gatherings sometimes they just happen to be at the right place right time.

Rogue... Maybe. Anyone want to be X-men? Maybe for CC next year? ;D
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #117
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'd love to be either shadowcat, Jean/phoenix, or even storm :3

W.I.P:
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #118
ayaasan

Oooh! I do, I do! Since Twilight will be gone next year, I hope to go for a day or two. (Don't want to know what the price hike will be for 2013 4-Day passes o.0) I've been dying to have an excuse to work on the 90's cartoon Jubilee. And Rogue would be awesome!!
You've got a LOT of choices to work from. (I'd personally go 90's for that awesome Peggy Bundy hair, but that's just me, lmao XD)

Edit: @Link: I LOVE the classic Kitty Pryde costume from the 60's--I just don't think I could personally pull off the super bikini cut of the bustier :/ She was also my favorite character from Evolution :P

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-30-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #119
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Comic-con is going down hill really quickly and it's annoying. xD I just figured it'd be more appropriate for X-man rather than an anime convention. I hate how they're changing things so much, but I haven't heard anything about a price hike yet. Just that they aren't selling badges for 2013 on site this year. Which means I won't get stupid questions. ;D

I dunno if I could pull of that amount of epic hair. It's so... Fluffy.
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 05-30-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #120
ayaasan

Well, there's always Comikaze, Wonder Con (if it's back next year) and Long Beach Comic Con.

I've also seen Batman, Stormtroopers and Disney at Anime Conventions. And Miku, Madame Red, and Naruto at Comic Con. *shrugs* I personally don't mind either way, as long as you're having fun in a costume And you can always squeeze American comics in ala Ame Comi....

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-30-2012 at 11:53 PM.