Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #1261
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Oooh nice! I wish wig from China didn't take that long to deliver :P It's so nice to know another Doctor Who fan! xD I was going to make a Dalek dress because my friend wants to be a weeping angel xD probably have my older sister as a Tardis (dress)

Oh and I can finally start working on my Sailor Mercury because I finally went and bought a leotard :P Yay for finally being able to work on something! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #1262
ayaasan

I started DW when Tennant had first been introduced, so I wasn't too far behind :P Yes, Tennant was amazing, but I like the writing better now that Moffat's in charge, and I've fallen in love with Matt, Karen, and Arthur

Amy was a total cop-out costume, since I ebayed everything, but I got the almost all the same brands used in the episode, so I'm as close as you can get I'm thinking maybe the Museum of Man for pictures?? It doesn't really look like a costume, so I could easily sneak in some "tourist" photos in the fake neanderthal caves in the upstairs exhibits. I also know the curators are Who fans from the compliments I got on my shirt last time :P
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #1263
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

As much as I love Doctor Who I'm still with Tennant as the Doctor. :P I have this thing where when I'm watching a series with someone it feels weird when I don't watch it with them. I watch the series with my older and niece and nephew. My little sister is actually almost done catching up with the series! :O She doesn't like Matt much xD I've wanted to do one of Rose Tyler's outfits though. Do you watch any other UK shows?

Yay for costumes that you pass as normal clothes haha!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #1264
ayaasan

I think most people are biased because Tennant was the Doctor for so long...and he's cute, can't go wrong there I mainly like Matt's darker take on the Doctor. Can't imagine 10 letting the villain go die like in the last episode. Plus, bow ties are SO cool!

As for Rose, do it!! Her costumes are mostly simple, and I even have the perfect wig you could borrow so that we could take cross-dimensional, wibbly wobbly pictures together!

As for newer stuff, I watch Torchwood occasionally, I LOVE Sherlock, Masterpiece Theatre/Mystery, and a few others I'm forgetting. As for older, I'm just starting in on Red Dwarf, and I grew up watching As Time Goes By, Are You Being Served?, Waiting for God, and Keeping Up Appearances.

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-09-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #1265
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I actually did like Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor They're all cool Doctors in their own way haha (one reason I was behind because I did not want to watch the last episode of season 2 (I cried soooo much)

That would be cool! Remember what happened the last time two companions met up together? Haha that part of the episode was funny! Poor Doctor xD

I started watching Torchwood and I was thinking about starting to watch Sherlock and Merlin since I heard that they are good shows to watch

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 09-09-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #1266
ayaasan

Oh! I'll forever love Eccleson because he's the reason the show was revived so well Tom Baker's Doctor is also ah-may-zing!

Sherlock's dialogue alone is worth watching. Amazing show. My sister loves Merlin, but I never really got into the show--I did get in the 3rd row for the Merlin panel at Comic Con two years ago, though, because said sister wanted to see the actors :P Jekyll is also supposed to be good, but still never seen it. Never really got into Being Human either, so was meh when it was "Americanized."
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #1267
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Haha yes thanks to him! x3

I'll be sure to give both Sherlock and Merlin a try tomorrow I have not seen Being Human (uk version) before but I tried watching the Americanized one and well I haven't been able to stick watching it :P

I wouldn't know what version of Rose Tyler to do xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #1268
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Ahaha. Oddly enough I'm watching Sherlock right now. xD This is my second time but I am forcing it on my roommate now.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #1269
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Tulipe: Haha is she liking Sherlock!? xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #1270
Jonowxeno
Photog

I've been away from the forum for so long, been so busy the last week. Was out of town at UCLA for a conference all week(I hate LA traffic), visited a friend who was hit by a car(she's ok) then I was in oceanside for birthday beach party and then yesterday I just took it easy watching football all day. I think I drove 400 miles...and will be repeating a lot of that this weekend for Comikaze >.>

So, what'd I miss? lol

@Ayaasan: Yep, still going to Comikaze, I convinced several people to come with me too lol. And I actually know a decent amount of people going, so it'll be the opposite of AX where I didn't know anyone ^_^
And yes, we can do photoshoots. I bought some light stands and umbrellas, need to use them more =) Comikaze still has no schedule up, but whatever. Which are you wearing each day? Will need two shoots, would you be willing to do some Loki shots at night? I want to try out shooting dusk/night and I think Loki would look really nice against city lights, could go for the scene from Avengers when he is terrorizing people and makes them all kneel. You are staying at the Marriot right?
And if you just need to get away from your shopping friend, just call me lol. Did I give you my number yet? I'd actually like to wander around with your Loki and get shots with you against any Avengers team member we see.

@Tulipe: How is Hawaii!?!
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #1271
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: I think she likes it. I left her on the season one finale. xD I ended up passing out during it because beforehand my other roommate was showing us a silly Japanese horror show where they found ghosts and stuff. When we finally turned it back on the second roommate was like "This isn't RDJ" and then left. But by then it was like midnight.

@Jono: It's... Windy. xD Haven't really done much yet aside from getting ready for classes. I quit my job and am planning to enjoy the place as much as possible since it's my last year. :]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #1272
ayaasan

@Jono: I can send a PM with my number in a little bit Sounds awesome! I was planning on wearing Wonder Woman on Saturday, but I might change it up and go as Loki and then Wondie on Sunday, since she'll be more comfortable for the ride home. I'll have to put on the wig and horns when I get to the parking lot--unless I want to be slouched the entire car-ride up in order to accommodate said horns--so I already know I'll be getting some looks XD Feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm being a total ham as Loki--I like playing villains a little too much, lol.

Saturday schedule is up now!! 3:00 Batman reunion is a must, as well as the 11:00 Doctor Who fan gathering and maybe the 2:00 Titmouse. Mainly just Batman as for what I want to see

I actually booked a night at the Sheraton, since it's still a nice hotel, but $50 cheaper for a two block difference :P I'm also going snack/food stock-up shopping on Thursday at Target. Want me to grab ya anything? Food up there is 'spensive.

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-10-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #1273
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I hope to see lots of pictures from Comikaze guys~ It sounds like it'll be fun. :]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #1274
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Yes have lots of fun for us! I'll be home hopefully working on more of my Sailor Mercury now that I have a leotard! There were sooo many people at the dance store. O.O I have never seen it packed before when I use to go there to buy either a leotard or dance shoes. It made me feel a little sad that I kind of stopped dancing :P

Working on Sailor Mercury's skirt at the moment! Hopefully mom can actually take me to Disneyland before my pass expires on Sunday :/

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #1275
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I have decided to make a Deadpool dress for Halloween, I was going to be lazy and just wear an old cosplay but I was just inspired by a person on Tumblr. xD So now I'm going to be nerdy for Halloween. My last Halloween in Hawaii, let's rock it. o: Pew Pew

Link, can't wait to see Mercury~
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr