Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #1276
Jonowxeno
Photog

@ayaasan: got your PM, sending one back.
Where do you see the schedule? I don't see it online.
I probably should have looked around for cheapest good Hotel, too late to change now. I didn't realize when booking the Mariott is that valet is mandatory at $40...
I think I'll be ok on snacks., thanks for the offer. Probably will buy lunch from the food trucks, then dinner I'm not so sure. I'd be down to go out for dinner somewhere, dunno what my friends want to do but you're welcome to join.

Definitely prepare for lots of photos. Gigaventure is going to put my shots up on their website/FB =)
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #1277
ayaasan

I'm so excited for this weekend! And awesome hearing about the Gigaventure shots!

And yeah, I was super close to booking at the Marriott, and then I found a better deal at the Sheraton, which is ten minute walk from the convention center.
I usually have to bring lots of snacks and water--I'm prone to getting migraines purdy easily, so I need to keep hydrated and have sugar/caffeine on hand >.<

Programming:
http://comikazeexpo.com/panels-and-programing/

I only knew about it because I liked them on facebook :P

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-11-2012 at 08:29 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #1278
Jonowxeno
Photog

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this weekend too. 3 days to go!

Usually, I try to always carry water and some snacks on me. Cause I know I need to eat but sometimes you get too busy to go wait in line for food. I know it's bad, but first day of AX I didn't eat any real food until around 7pm XD

Only thing with the hotels - because I only booked one night, we may not be able to check in until later in the day. I requested early checkin but basically that is only available if the room is ready... Not too big a deal for me, but for the cosplayers I'm with, might be a little hassle to get ready for Saturday.

Yeah, I saw the schedule later. I think they posted it on FB first instead of simultaneously on the website... Nothing that I absolutely need to see, so we can meetup whenever. If you are wearing Loki Saturday, I think closer to dusk would look pretty awesome outside against the city lights.

Did you guys see that Japan Expo USA 2013 was announced for Santa Clara, held in August next year? I'm thinking on going
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 09-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #1279
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Jono: Is that a photographer thing? xD I always poke and Mike and Darryl at cons to make sure they've eaten. Usually they don't. And even when I ask them... They still don't..

I should make like photographer snack packs and just hand them out to random photographers. Or.. Just the ones I know. >_> Maybe less creepy.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 09-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #1280
Jonowxeno
Photog

haha, maybe. We're trying to catch every moment and sometimes there's things going on that you don't want to miss so you skip food (or honestly don't even realize you need to eat)
I wonder how wedding photographers handle their eating schedule, cause they need to be everywhere to capture everything....

Snack packs would be awesome! But definitely might be creepy receiving food from random person lol. Don't take candy from random strangers!
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #1281
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I know those two set up a lot of photoshoots. xD I'm sure you do too, and the day just gets away from them. When I call I'm like 'DID YOU EAT' their answer is usually 'yes' but their version of eating is drinking a Monster and calling it a day.

I might throw some together for ALA then. XD You're right, I doubt many photographers would be like "Yeah food!" they'd more likely be like "Why is there a crazy girl offering me food. Help me."
Random strangers have the best candy though. D:
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #1282
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Jono: Just heard about Japan Expo USA from you but I highly doubt attend something soooo far away :P though it is close to a Hyatt hotel...

Tulipe: During comic-con I'm usually the one sent back home to make sandwiches to bring back to my siblings. And like Jono had mention sometimes while I'm there I sometimes forget that I need to eat...I actually do that a lot (bad Diana) but if someone mentions food to me then I'll remember and get all hungry xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #1283
Jonowxeno
Photog

Yeah, having only energy drinks is bad, even though we all do it lol

@Link: Does your mom get employee discounts at any Hyatt? Cause ya, Japan Expo is far but still driveable... If I go, not sure if I should drive or fly. I think the closest friend I know is an hour away from there... so probably need a hotel =\
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1284
ayaasan

Only one more day to go! I'm going to officially pack tomorrow-- I can't wait!!~
Just need to add some E-5000 on my Loki gauntlets, just for added security in hot weather.

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 09-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #1285
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Have fun guuuys~ Can't wait to see pictures from it. :]
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #1286
ayaasan

Just got my custom Merida tartan fabric from spoonflower!!~

Now onto perfecting my medallion technique, and then I'll order the bottom hem fabric next. I figure for the belt I'll use an iron-on transfer for the Celtic knot design and hand-paint the gold

EDIT: Medallion is done!!~

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 09-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #1287
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Jono: I don't know if it's employee discount she gets or we get the rooms for free...I'll have to ask her about it again.

Ayaasan: Wow nice! And have lots of fun!!!!! I too can't wait to see pictures :3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #1288
ayaasan

Just got back and I'm exhausted! Batgirl is officially being postponed-- I want to re-wear Loki at Wonder Con since I barely wore her. I was on the verge of heat-stroke and messed up my foot from walking around in 4" stilettos during the disorganized chaos that was registration for 2 hours. (I figured a quick in since I was pre-registered, so I'd hang out in the A/C with my hot and heavy costume, but nooooo..)

I then proceeded to wrap my foot and wear my Wonder Woman costume today, heels and all. I honestly couldn't feel my toes on that foot until about an hour ago... The things cosplayers do :P I'm glad I have tomorrow off, so that I can recover

Whimsic Alley was there, though! Yay! Bought me a Ravenclaw Cardigan and a Ravenclaw Quidditch sweater. Also bought mini Tardis earrings, a Fluttershy cutie mark shirt, and a Loki Art Nouveau shirt.

I also ended up in the LA Times! I totally remember taking this photo, but I didn't know where she was from--I just managed to sit down and I made a totally derpy pose and didn't even put on my bracers because I was downing another water bottle and annoyed to be asked to stand up XD

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tag/noelene-clark/

The main thing I found hilarious? Loki was a HUGE hit with the kids! I had little girls in particular swarming me for pictures. It was pretty funny when the kids knew more about my character than the parents :P
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #1289
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Awesome! Sucks that they seemed disorganized but awesome that you were in the LAtimes! I hope I can get out there next year. Good job staying hydrated. xD
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #1290
Jonowxeno
Photog

Ayaasan!! We actually met each other! but too bad you hurt your foot before we could take any photos. And I gotta say your Loki easily beat all the other 7 or so Lokis I saw. I think just one other female Loki was comparable. You got back early, I got home close to 1am XD

Congrats on being on the LA Times! Your photo on there looks ok, but some of the images in that gallery seem like the person just pointed and clicked the shutter without thinking. The Hawkman blinked in her photo and they still used it lol...
I never ask cosplayers that are sitting down obviously out of costume(gloves off, shoes off, etc.) and busy/resting to get up for a photo. I'll just wait and come back when they're ready.
I need to take photos of your Loki (once it gets cooler so we don't die outside XD)

The badge line(or should I say wristband line...) was ridiculous. I think that ruined a lot of people's moods/day especially since it went outside around the convention center in the extreme heat. It was faster/easier to just buy an on-site badge... I think there's a good chance for Comikaze to succeed but they better get their act together.

I think overall, I enjoyed it. But the line + overall deadness early Sunday made me meh and not excited. Some awesome things were - I got to meet the Deadpool from critique4geeks(I know his real name lol), my friend got to be a zombie for the zombie course for free, and filming the elevator scene from Gangnam. Actually, I think the best thing was knowing so many people that were there.

@Tulipe: They let Mike shoot inside the Zombie Course with my friend Alexa, can't wait to see how those turn out. He sure carries around a lot of stuff. And Darryl was carrying his umbrella. Those two were the easiest people to spot lol.

Now I have to edit, gotta try and get as much done tonight as possible cause I know I'll be playing Borderlands 2 tomorrow XD
Flickr, Facebook, DA