Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #1291
ayaasan

Yup, ended up leaving early on Sunday, since I really only wanted to see one panel--the Comics Live, which was freakin' hilarious! Also did my last minute shopping and got some Butterbeer for the road

I also found it funny how often I got--"Where did you get your costume? I want one for Halloween" and the o.0 response every time I replied "I draft, pattern and make all of my costumes."

Overall, a nice, albeit disorganized convention, but it had a very strange, almost "frantic" atmosphere. Odd to describe, but I just got weird vibes. Each con has a "mood" to me, and I'm not too sure I'll be returning to this one or not *shrugs*
(Especially after this total jerk asked to interview me as Wondie and his first question involved me having to describe a circumcision...first time I ever did "Talk to the hand" and walked away with a b*tch face. The nerve of the guy!)
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #1292
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Jono and Ayaasan: Welcome back you two!!! Yay now everyone has finally met everyone (even though not all at once! xD)

Ayaasan: Nice to know that you were a big hit with the kids haha! It's a bummer to hear how being stuck in the heat was and about your foot. :P heels = evil but awesome being in the LATimes I'd love to see your Tardis earrings! And what the hell was the interviewer even thinking?! The nerve of some people!

Jono: Good to know you knew a lot of people that went! I find it very rude when I see someone asking for someone's picture when you can obviously see that they are taking a break and eating. :\

Thankfully I had something to keep me busy on Saturday and Sunday so I wasn't bored xD I actually found out yesterday that my sister in law (and her baby) and her sister went up to go there for Sunday!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 09-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #1293
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Ugh. Deadpool is my new favorite everything. I met 'The' Deadpool at AX this year, danced with him in my Sailor Venus stuff along with the other scouts but I guess we didn't make final cut. I'm still assuming because we couldn't do what he wanted in a coordinated manner. xD

@Jono: You can always spot them because of their intense camera equipment. When I was working at CC I saw this giant umbrella go by and nothing else and was like "Oh! Mike!" He always has like six cameras, stands, lighting, umbrellas, it's insane~

@Ayaasan: Ugh, there's always one that's gotta ruin the good time, isn't there? At least you didn't put up with it and you just walked away. Good for you. :]

I had one guy at CC who recognized me 'out of uniform' in my Rebecca Chambers stuff and asked for a picture I told him 'sure if you don't mind me getting all my stuff on' so I pulled on my vest and gloves and tightened everything and pulled off the shirt I had underneath... And he took a picture thanked me and left. I took all my stuff BACK off and then this guy from the Viz booth was like "Can I take your picture" He WATCHED me take everything off before he asked. It pissed me off so much. I don't mind taking pictures if I'm sitting down or something, getting up is not too bad, but if I'm eating I tend to get a bit snippy. Especially because at conventions it really is hard to find time to eat. In Sailor Venus it was difficult, people wouldn't let us pass. x-x

Everyone has officially met!

And my school is showing Avengers this Friday (my birthday! And Jono's too!) and I'm super excited for it. 8D
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 09-17-2012 at 04:09 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #1294
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

yay birthdays!!!!!! Tomorrow is my sister's birthday so we'll both be 19 years old together until November! xD She likes to tell people we're twins when we're the same age xD

Jono: I saw you on the Deadpool vs Comikaze video xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 09-17-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #1295
Jonowxeno
Photog

Yeah, I thought I'd get home early but we were there until we got kicked out around 8pm, then ate and got home around midnight XD

I know exactly what you mean about the atmosphere, it's was like there's stuff to do! but confused as to what to do. The early part of sat/sun was all wasted because of the lines. I was bored both days until like 2-3pm or so when people actually were inside.

I know exactly who you're talking about for that interview, I heard him ask several people that question. I don't know if he was trying to be funny or making fun of people in cosplay. He looked like an a-hole to me.
There were also some other shady people I saw, one guy was being 'grabby' when he took photos with cosplayers. Another was shooting video from low angles.
And this last guy interupted our shoot at the end of the day yesterday. We had a light setup and camera pointed, and he walked in front of me and stood there taking video on a shitty P&S... it's like WTF...and he kept hovering around us, so we picked up and moved. Of course he followed us...he asked to see my photos and compared/showed his photo/video of how he was trying to 'capture' the moment.... his footage was auto mode of us fixing the cosplayer's wig...

@Tulipe: I hate people who do that, I saw it happen Saturday, I had just shot a Rogue/Phoenix and they took off their gloves and boots to sit down and rest, and a guy standing behind me walks up and asks for a photo...

and funny you mention The Deadpool.....cause I made it into his video lol
http://youtu.be/-BQjXYoUsAo
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #1296
ayaasan

I was actually suspicious of the guy when he first approached and even asked "what is this for?" and "You're not making fun of cosplayers, are you? Because that's not cool." He assured me "no" and then proceeded. I was pissed, and I normally have a "princess" demeanor at cons when not in character so that's saying quite a bit 0.o But everything was made up when I was called "That hot Wonder Woman" by Chris Gore ( the G4 Host of Attack of the Show.) *gah*

Oh! I got my Amy Pond wig early!! Threw on the costume for a preview shot. I'm very excited to take pictures at the Museum of Man

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3288478/

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #1297
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Jono: There's a Jono! And Richie! 8D It's frustrating Especially since like the reason for taking all the stuff off is being tired or too hot or something. We aren't ready to put it back on yet! D:
Ahh~ Con creepers. Aside from the ones at AX this year, which more than I'm used to, there was one guy at ALA who wanted a picture of me in my Sheryl Nome stuff, and then asked if he could take a picture carrying me. I was like "Uh, no."

It's also really sad when you get people who are making fun of cosplayers and are just there to mess with people's good time. I hate them the most. D<

Love the wig Ayaasan! It looks very natural.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 09-17-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #1298
Jonowxeno
Photog

@ayaasan: That's awesome! I didn't even know G4 was there.

@Tulipe: Ya, there was a guy asking if he could put cosplayers on his shoulder, pretty sure every single person said 'Uh, no' as well.
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #1299
ayaasan

Hnnnggg...sorely tempted to make Batgirl, since I found someone to make the cowl and his work is amazing and nowhere nearly as expensive as I thought it would be...
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #1300
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Batgirl! Batgirl! Batgirl! Batgirl! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #1301
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Jono: I would hope they said that. xD

I really need to get started on my Deadpool dress, but then I stare at all the fabric and the pieces and I'm like 'noooo'
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #1302
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I can say the same with Mercury xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #1303
ayaasan

I'll make you a deal, Link. If you finish Poison Ivy for Wonder Con, I'll bring Batgirl
Loki is too bulky & uncomfortable for a Hall cosplay, so I'll just bring her for photo op's.

Rough guesstimate for Wonder Con 2013:

Friday: Batgirl, then change into Wonder Woman
Saturday: Ice Queen, then change into Merida.
Sunday: Snow White

Then I'm officially booked up on costumes/can't make any more sans Ms. Marvel until 2014

Last edited by ayaasan : 09-19-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #1304
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Alright! I'll start working on Poison Ivy as soon as I'm almost done with Sailor Mercury

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #1305
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

PEOPLE. AT MY PLACE... KEEP DOING CONSTRUCTION... AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING.

I will END someone. D<

I'll cut fabric tonight. x:
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr