Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 05-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
rupine

Hobbit Cosplay! What to buy?

Hello!

I'm trying to put together a Frodo Crossplay and I'd really appreciate any help and advice on constructing! I've been looking around online and this is basically what I'm going for. Aside from the cloak, most of the items need to be bought and I don't know where to start looking at all. I'd really love if any of you could lead me in the right direction: link me to things to buy, shops, names of specific garments to look for, cloak patterns, materials, et cetera!

This will be my first cosplay and I'd like to have it ready for the Ren Faire this summer!

Thank you so much in advance!
rupine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
ioniafreak
Geek.

you should see if there are any thrift stores near you. That may be a great place to look for the vest, white shirt and pants
unless you are going to mega accuracy, you may be able to find if not exact, but similar clothing in a thrift shop. Its a great place to check first.

Attending:
NYCC 14
LI WHO 14

Attended:
I-CON 29/30/31
NYCC 10/11/12
AWA 2013
LI WHO 2013
ioniafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
rupine

Yeah, I've been looking on etsy but it's so hard to find the colors I'm looking for.
Does anyone have any cloak patterns / know of good material to use for it? Or if you know someone who makes them cheapish could you refer them to me? Thanks!
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

If you're still looking for a wig, I think the Benny wig from Arda would be fantastic for you. (Hobbit cosplay FTW!)

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
rupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
If you're still looking for a wig, I think the Benny wig from Arda would be fantastic for you. (Hobbit cosplay FTW!)
Ahhh wow that does look perfect! Thank you so much!
Unread 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
dhaval4987

How do i find Frodo costume for adults ? I have been looking everywhere!

I wanna replicate the exact costume. I bought blue contact lenses, and the ring also! will be really sad if i cant find suitable costume this halloween.
dhaval4987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
IamAriel

Hm. Party City apparently has Aragorn and Legolas...but no Frodo for men. Did you check other types of stores like that? Also, are you trying to buy a ready-made costume or are you willing to buy parts and put it together?

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccpl...nt/librari-con
IamAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Mae-Gwyn
Mae-Gwyn

Check out this website here http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/...ak_pattern.htm for the cloak pattern. They also have a lot of information on costume details. This is my go to website for all LOTR costuming ideas and needs