Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Does it work for you?!
I have not met or spoken to anyone even after a week of my post. 57 81.43%
I have talked to someone as a friend or set up a date. 7 10.00%
I have met a few people on here that catch my interest as friends or more. 5 7.14%
I now have a BF or GF because of my post 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #151
magiccosplay01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazumebachi View Post
1.Name: Rachael or Ruki
2.Age:25
3.Location:Baltimore Maryland (close to otakon)
4.Interests: I like lots of things
*Star Wars is the core of my soul pretty much
*Cosplay/Costumes of many differnt vareitys
*Going to differnt types of conventions (anime sci fi comic book)
*I like differnt types of t.v. series besides anime (example game of thrones,the tudors)
*I love Cats more then dogs
*I love historical monuments and parks any type of old archtechture i prefer this more then modern.
*I like Science to a point outer space stuffs
*I like Anicent History when im in the mood for it
*Love to cook somewhat depends on my mood.
*only sport i like is badmitten.
*Renfest/looking at pretty sharp weapons?
--------------------<
Things I dislike:
Close minded people
People who litter too much in the water ><;
Others who discrimanate against cosplayers or make fun of our craft/way of life with out trying to understand it.
Sports in general
trying to get motivation to play video games
people who try to ask a person out and they dont know the word "no."
------->
Relationships: I'm looking for a guy around 21-31 (not looking for anyone who has kids sorry :<) Someone who lives in the d.c./va/maryland area someone who drives v.v; i sadly dont. so... yea... Someone who can like me for who iam. Someone whos not a lier and honesty is very important im sort of ok with dating/freindships for now. someone whos into cosplay/star wars espcially would be awesome.)
Do you long distance relationships :0
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #152
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

Alright... let's do this.

1. Cole, but I can go by Lucius, Lu, whatever... (When I signed up and needed a screen name I just used the name I gave my crested gecko because I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking up screen names, LOL.)

2. Southeast Virginia, USA

3. I am a panromantic asexual 23-year-old female (though technically gender neutral). I'm 6'1", but I slouch a lot...

4. I'm a double concentration art student with a minor in Philosophy/Religious Studies. That said I mainly spend my time reading, both non-fiction and fiction, both novels and manga. I watch anime, but 90% of the time I read the manga version. No real favourites at this time. I love music, however the only English (language) music I listen to is usually 90's or older. My ipod is full of j-pop/k-pop, classical, and Disney songs. I like to bake, but only if I can give most of it away to someone; because I don't need to eat it. :P My favourite video games are the Zelda and Castlevania series. I used to play soccer, but bad knees and knee injuries run in the family so I stopped after I messed up my ankle. And, I enjoy all kinds of playing card games.

I typed up my dislikes but without explanations they made me sound like a cynical old man and the post would be too long for me to give an explanation for each one... so I deleted them. The only one that didn't sound crazy is cheese. I really don't like cheese. XP

5. Mainly I'd like to make friends... especially with people I could cosplay with and meet up with at cons. : ) Relationships? Who knows, I'm not exactly looking, but as they say, que sera sera. ; )

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%

Last edited by SirLucius : 08-21-2012 at 02:05 AM.
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #153
Lyliah
Lovingly Self-conflicted

This hasn't really worked before... but it's worth a shot again, right?

Seeking (gender / type of relationship): Male for a longer term relationship, anyone for friendship.

Interests: I'm obsiously a fan of anime and cosplay or I wouldn't be on this site ^_^ I also love most fantasy and Sci fi. I read regular books and comic books but I don't watch a lot of TV. I write fiction, and one of my dreams is to be a writer for Marvel Comics. I crochet - mainly stuffed toys - and I craft, I play video games and table top games, and I roleplay. And I just... love cats... TT^TT Recently I've been exploring making dolls!

I consider myself a smart, witty person, but sometimes my sense of humor can be a little weird. Then again, I suppose with most nerds like me, that would be considered normal...
I really want someone to cosplay with. I want to meet someone who'll not be embarassed if I start randomly singing in public. I want to meet someone who doesn't mind sporadic romantic moments. I want to meet someone who I can banter with, then cuddle with. I suppose I'm getting a little too specific XP I have dreams of doind couples cosplay with someone, though they'd have to be okay with slash, since I mainly crossplay. I don't dislike a lot of the female characters, but finding the right combination of likable personality and NOT nearly naked is not easy in anime.

((including but not limited to))
Anime: Hetalia, Naruto, Getbackers, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Kyo Kara Maoh, Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin, DBZ, and a lot more I can't think of at the moment. I'm always open to watching more!
Games: I'm not to good at shooters or fighters, but I'll button mash until I get it right. I love horror survival games (Silent hill), RPG's, and platformers. There was a point in time where I had played every Sonic the Hedgehog game that had been released in the US
Movies: Most comic book movies, musicals, Star Trek movies, I'll watch anything once.
Books: Fantasy or Scifi mainly, but my favorite author is John Saul (two points if you know who he is)
TV: Avatar (TLA and LoK), Avengers EMH, and Young Justice are the only shows I currently watch. I have DVDs of JLU and FF and other such things. Sometimes I'll watch a good Law and Order or Batman, but usually I just use it as background noise.

"Frobozz electric; we don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck permanently."
~ Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Lyliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #154
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams

trying again.
1.Name: Aurora
2.General location: SD,CA
3.Self Summary & Gender: F, 24, BI. Poly. cosplayer, lolita and fairy kei fashion enthusiast. cosmetology student
4.Likes: Lolita style. fairy kei style. a long list of animes.
5.What you are looking for: just got out of a relationship. but I would prefer more cosplay friends. If anything I would love a lolita or fairy kei girlfriend
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Terra Branford v.3 - 100% debuted at AX 2014
Manga Princess Chibi: 90% remaking wig
Horo: 0%
Princess Neptune: 100%
Aqua: 10%
Sleeping Beauty: 70%
AuroraKaganshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #155
JuliSerenade
Love is a futile battle ~

Seeking (gender / type of relationship): Seeking male for a relationship
Interests: Anime/Manga, Creative Writing, Art, Cosplay, Anything Creative, Video Games, Reading, Seeing Friends ~

Summary: Well I am 21 gonna be 22 this September 12th. I'm a sweet girl with lots of love to give. I mainly cosplay as Kairi (Kingdom Hearts) and Sailor Neptune (Sailor Moon) ~ Newest additions to my cosplay list is Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler), Mari Illustrious Makinami (Neon Genesis Evangelion), and Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) ~ I am also planning to do Ada Wong (Resident Evil) ~ I'm fun loving person by nature always wanting to meet new people ~ Asides reading Manga, I enjoy other literature (Harry Potter, Hunger Games, His Dark Materials Trilogy, Lord of the Rings) ~ I am also in love with 17th Century Time Period ~ I am also an artist and writer ~ Have many series and original characters ~ If I am not drawing or writing or reading I am watching documentaries about anything and everything ~ I enjoy learning new things and trying new things ~
Favorite Media (anime, books, movies, games or TV): I have so many favorite animes/mangas but I am willingly to try any new anime or manga that comes my way. My favorite Video Games are Resident Evil Series, Final Fantasy series, and the Kingdom Hearts series ~ I also enjoy various books ~ Not too much into TV but occasionally out of boredom I will watch reality shows (my guilty pleasure XD) ~
JuliSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #156
zepson
Heir of Dance

For some reason i felt like working up the nerve to do this. Hi everyone. apparently i'm just feelin good tonight. I'm slightly amazed i actually posted this.

Name: Stephen
Seeking: For relationship: Female (20+), long term relationship --------- For Friendship: anyone

Interests: hmmm. lots of stuff><
Cosplaying obviously ^^. Anime as well. I enjoy a lot of video games, movies, tv, and books. (that was very general wasn't it) More specific things i play tabletop RPGS (GURPS is my current favorite system). I love board games and cards games, especially funny competitive games like Family Business and Bang! (points if you know those)
here are some lists
Anime/Manga - mainly actiony but i do like dramas too. Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Fairy Tail, Hellsing, Tegami Bachi, Beelzebub, Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, One Piece, Soul Eater, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, ...i'm sure there are more
TV - old school nickelodeon, NCIS, DOCTOR WHO, Star treck, Stargate, old cartoon network, lots of cartoons, Batman Beyond, Avatar the last airbender,
Movies - This would take up a whole page by itself. so lets list a few - DISNEY! i love Disney, Fifth Element, Musicals (Singin' in the Rain, the Producers, Chicago), V for Vendetta, 9, The Avengers, Monkeybone, The Chronicles of Riddick, The list goes on and on
Books - I do my fair share of reading. mainly sci-fi and fantasy. a few books and series i have read and liked - Ender's game, the Wheel of Time, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Sword of Truth, Myth Adventures, Mistborn Trilogy, the Dresden Files*(one of my current favorites), Rhapsody. and probably a bunch more.
Video games - Mainly RPGS but i play a lot of stuff. I love Mass Effect, Kingdom Hearts, Shining Force, Bastion, TF2, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Mario games(though i like Luigi better), Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics. There are many more of these as well.

I'm a fairly open minded person and can make friends pretty easily when i can get over my shyness. And dating wouldn't be something that just starts off. I'd rather become friends with someone and get to know them rather than getting to them because of dating. that being said, when it comes to someone to date I'm looking for someone who i can do lots of stuff with and just be with them. Not really looking for a long distance relationship. While i'm open to the idea i really want someone that i can see more often than a couple of times a year. I want someone to go to movies with, to snuggle up somewhere and watch TV/movies/anime or whatever or to just plain snuggle somewhere, go to conventions and do couples cosplays (or just do cosplays together, whatever as long as i'm enjoying myself with them), someone to play games with, someone who is willing to put up with the fact that i am a really derpy person and just in general enjoy each others company. I want to someone to introduce to new things and to have them introduce me to new things. I apparently want a lot ><.

So this is getting kind of wordy so i'll go ahead and finish here. feel free to send me a PM. or if you want to check out my facebook you can message me there too http://www.facebook.com/zepson
Otakon: '10, '11, '12, '13 ||| Anime North: '11, '12 '13 '14 ||| Baltimore ComicCon '12 ||| Anime USA: '11, '12 ||| Ichibancon: '12 ||| Katsucon: '12, '13 ||| Tigercon '11, '12, '13 ||| Magfest '13, '14 ||| Nekocon '13

2014 planned cons:
Otakon, Baltimore Comic Con, Tigercon

Current main cosplays:
Green Arrow(DC Comics), Kronk(Emporers New Groove), Blue Heavy(TF2)
possible future cosplays:
---

Last edited by zepson : 08-22-2012 at 09:11 AM.
zepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #157
sazumebachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccosplay01 View Post
Do you long distance relationships :0
Sadly I dont :< It's hard to find someone locally who likes the same things you do
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #158
magiccosplay01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazumebachi View Post
Sadly I dont :< It's hard to find someone locally who likes the same things you do
Ya theres a saying, if you cant find one around your area, open your horizons more further. Thats what im doing :/. regardless close or not...its pretty much the same deal but more commitment. You should try that some times if your really wanting to find the special someone.
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #159
Black.Cat-Chan

Long Post Ahead!

Name ~ You want a list? ^^ If you want a fake name call me Black, you want a semi-close name call me Erin, my friends tried to get me to respond to Mi-Chan (they decided we needed "con names") but it didn't take. If you want my true name though you gotta get to know me.

General location ~ Northeast Georgia

Self Summary & Gender ~ First, I'm female. I have been for eighteen years or so. My birthday is a holiday, but its a guessing game to figure out which ^^. I'm 6'2 and _____ pounds (let's just say I'm a happy, pudgy, curvy chick). My hair is constantly changing colours but right now its a fading burgundy. My eyes are goldeny brownish green hinted I think (we'll just call it brown). I've got a tattoo on my right ankle which didn't actually hurt when I got it (kinda tickled actually), and ill probably get more in the feature.

I'm a real acquired taste since depending who you are to me my personality is all over there place. Though if I do say so myself I'm an amazing person who no one ever really bothers to get to know. If you met me on the street you'd probably be surprised since I'm unlike the person I am online/in costume. Meeting people I don't know I'm probably nice, quiet, and proper to a fault. Though if you stick around a few weeks you'll see I'm the girl that will kick your a** at laser tag, make pastries for absolutely no reason, and karaoke like a boss.

Likes and or dislikes ~ so I'm horrible at these types of lists really. If given free reign I will give you a two page single spaced cheated-margin essay on a completely contradictory set of likes and dislikes. Such as I love colour, but my wardrobe is entirely made up on dark shades and jewel tones.

Anyways, I am a literature snob. I love the classics especially fairy tales and children stories. Though I indulge in paranormal thrillers, Victorian-era bodice rippers, and whatever else I pick up that strikes my fancy.

I will literally throw a book aside if I don't like the quality or writing style, and all the rules above apply to manga too. Except with manga yaoi is also added to the list. Manga is my preference over Anime since it allows greater detail and doesn't have to worry about keeping up with ratings so it isn't always messed with to please the watchers.

My taste in music is all over the place since it is directly related to my mood. Though I'm most at home in the alternative category with bands like Green Day and My Chemical Romance. The only thing I wont listen to is rap. I don't mean like the cheesy dance/rap from groups like LMFAO (which is a very very small guilty pleasure ^^), but stuff you'll find "normal" teenagers listening and "singing" along to while shopping in the mall. I tried to be normal a semester in seventh grade, and honestly I was miserable.
I have the world's weirdest sense of humour and it can't be explained, so I will leave it at that. Though most of it falls either in sarcastic or mildly twisted.

In my free time I bake, write, draw, try and construct costumes, sleep, read, and sing (badly) amongst other things.

Best way to impress me, give me good coffee. If you give me coffee I will love you forever.

My TV has basically programmed itself and its usually stuck on A) police procedurals/crime dramas (Law & Order, Mentalist, Perception, NCIS, Common Law, Burn Notice, Leverage, etc.), B) Paranormal Investigations/ Paranormal Something (Ghost Adventure, Haunted Collector, Paranormal Witness, Destination Truth, etc), C) Music, or my ultimate guilty pleasure Vampire Diaries (yes. Never missed an episode. Follow the storyline religiously. May name a child Elijah or Damon in the future)

I guess I'm like a normal odd people. I like odd things, geeky things, strange things. I play video games to the point that I'm obsessive, but it comes and goes and it rest depends on the game. My purse right now has Legend of Zelda OoT, Pokemon Black, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, and Resident Evil in it and that just for when I'm not at home. My purse is also the holder of all things feminine (i.e. my makeup bag) covered in buttons featuring Nyan Cat, Dinosaurs, Bronies, Zombies, and Batman with things such as a panda wallet, a 72 pack of colored pencils, leather journals, and a portable charge filling the pockets.

My motto to living is try everything once, if you like continue it, if you don't run away from it, and if its love become an otaku for it. This only applies to things like food, TV, games, manga, etc. And Not people.

I would give my dislikes but I really don't want to put down another page of nonsense. Plus, I look like a pessimist when I do.

Though the cons for me are that I don't drive, I will never let anyone come over to my house or pick me up from my house since I hate people I like meeting my family since after they do they usually run away from me, and like I said above I'm an acquired taste.

What you are looking for ~ First of all, I'm asexual panromantic, so if your looking for something physical you need not apply. Though I'm great for companionship and all the warm fuzzies found in a relationship.

Also, I am eighteen, so no one under eighteen. Since in my state that illegal even if your seventeen. I'm more than comfortable dating someone older, but no more than maybe five years at the most.

As for what I'm looking for:

I don't really know. I want someone who'll be happy to be with me. Someone who won't ditch me once I do something weird. I want to be able to watch a sad movie and not be teased when I cry. I also want a partner in crime that'll cosplay couples with me, go LARPing when its not just at a con, stick with me when the zombies take over. I want to bake cookies and go laser tagging with someone, and a steadfast.accomplice when I want to be a paranormal investigator. I want to be able to geek out over a fandom and for someone to get what I'm saying.

TL;DR What I want is a geeky paranormal investigating LARPer who will bake cookies and can handle a laser gun that is willing to handle all my oddness and bring some of their own.

Also, I'd like someone taller than me, but well that's just aesthetics and it really matters what beneath the surface for me.

Though I will happily take cosplay friends, karaoke buddies, people who like me, and maybe down the road something more.

So, pm me, reply to this, stalk me over on my fanfiction account with the same name since this epic post is done.
Dragon*Con 2013

*Cosplays*
Cheshire Cat Gijinka (Classic Disney=100% Tim Burton v2=100% v3=planning)
Drifloon Gijinka=10%/Planning
Red Panda/Pabu Gijinka= (V1=100% V2=planning)
Hero of Brightwall = [on hold for Momocon]
Steampunk Kitties = Only an Idea/planning
Black.Cat-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #160
Elendae_Nersil
Slave to Ecthelion!

*Name: Samantha, but most people call me "Chami".
*Seeking/Sexuality: I'm bisexual, but lately I've been swinging more toward girls. I'm looking for a small, cute girl to play Ciel Phantomhive for me, and if something eventually came of that, that would be great.
*Personality: I'm an extrovert. I can occasionally be a bit loud. I'm shy, but only when it comes to people I don't know very well or haven't met before. I'm loving, but I'm also really cautious. I also usually play the seme, if anyone cares?
*Interests: Costuming, cosplay (duh), dolls, horses, anime, manga, yaoi, reading, writing, girls, guys, faeries, any and all things paranormal. Ireland, Japan, Japanese culture.
*Anime/Manga: Kuroshitsuji, Ghost Hunt, Tsubasa: RC, RG Veda, X, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Martian Successor Nadesico, Escaflowne, Record of Lodoss War, Slayers, Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, Earl and Fairy, Cantarella, Yami no Matsui, Gravitation, Gorgeous Carat.
*Video Games: Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Folklore.
*Books: Mercy Thompson Novels, A Song of Ice and Fire, Tamora Pierce Novels. Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion and Histories of Middle Earth, Tithe, Valiant and Ironside.
*Cosplays: Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), Ashura (RG Veda), Allen Schezar (Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea), Soubi (Loveless), Sakuma Ryuuichi (Gravitation).

*Seriously looking for Ciel*
Elendae_Nersil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #161
Gusutabo
Garp Stavo Sauce

ill try my luck here and roll the D20

Name: Gustavo
Seeking: Female for a relationship
I'm looking for some one i can share my interest with and maybe do some fun couple cosplays, some to watch anime with and geek out with.

Interests: if it falls under any thing geeky,nerdy, otaku thing I'm so there
Fav Anime: One Piece, Baserk, Code Geass, Sword Art Online, Saint Seiya + a ton more
Fav Manga: One Piece, Berserk, D Gray Man + ton more
Fav video game: TF2, the Last Story, Zelda, FF 1-10 and 12, Chrono trigger +tons more
Cosplay: Jinbei (One Piece), Grap (One Piece) ,fake zoro (One Piece), Chopper(One Piece), Andy (aquarion evol), Night of Ni, Super Mario, Joker Thug Arkham city
Gusutabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #162
SoraXroxasXaxel
静か 領

Like a few others, I'll just post here what I posted in the other thread.

Seeking: Friendship. Female and male. But if I do date, I prefer female >.>

Interests: Cosplay, drawing, singing, mythology, theatre, anime, manga and some other stuff X3

Summary: Well Im not really sure what to say... Im kind of shy and quiet and tend to smile a lot when I first meet people, but when you get to know me I talk more and become my usual weird self. Im trying to major in art >w< I also really get attached to my gal pals XD Umm Im mainly looking for a friend to hang out and cosplay with, who at the least lives in riverside, because I can easily travel there, but long distance is fine with me. I have no clue what else to say but if anyone has questions, Im always willing to answer :3

Games: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Guitar Hero, Shenmu, Sonic Adventure 2 and occasionally Megaman(N64 version)

Anime/Manga/Movies: Ao No Exorcist, Ouran HSHC, Durarara, Fooly Cooly, Kuroshitsuji, Loveless, Gravitation, DNAngel, Air Gear, Jing King of Bandits, Avatar The last Air bender and Legend of Korra, Howls Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Kimi Ni Todoke, Naruto, Chobits, Vampire Knight, and way more I cant think of at the moment. >w<
SoraXroxasXaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #163
leafycream

1. name : Kathleen
2. Bay Area, CA
4. I love cosplaying as the cute/fun types in animes.. ,-, but sadly barely any of my friends have guts to cosplay :< some of my cosplays are rin, rukia (bleach), and kagura (gintama). My favorite anime/mangas are Bakuman, maid sama , daily lives of high school boys, dan ball senki, pokemon. I also like playing video games and walking around and fooling around and acting like I'm younger than I should be.
5. If i could find someone who likes cosplaying as cute / fun characters that would be awesome and we can be friends
leafycream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #164
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraXroxasXaxel View Post
I don't know why Im always so far away from everyone ;_; Im glad someone likes the tomboy type XD I like being boyish. It helped me learn how to ride a bike and roller skate.
Kool, I like tomboys because I can play hard with them in sports or on games and such. They are great to have when you are dating one.
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #165
CJ-Kun
King Lurker

Name: CJ
Looking for: Female or male facebook friends. Not currently looking for a significant other but if the chance arises I won't pass it up.
Interests: Well I obviously like Cosplay or else why would I be here?

PM if you want to chat or if you want a link to my facebook.
CJ-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote