Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Does it work for you?!
I have not met or spoken to anyone even after a week of my post. 56 81.16%
I have talked to someone as a friend or set up a date. 7 10.14%
I have met a few people on here that catch my interest as friends or more. 5 7.25%
I now have a BF or GF because of my post 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.85 average.
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #196
xxxpandayuki

Name : Alyssa
Cosplay name : Kitten
A little about me : I'm a shy person, I love taking photography, I will hopefully be going to Sakura-con 2013(: I walk a lot I like cosplaying and plan on making many many cosplay.
Likes : photography, the beach, cosplaying, anime, manga, making new cosplay/modifying, makeup
Dislikes : liars, cheaters, bully's, judgers, rude people, always negative.
Looking for : a boyfriend, or friends. Whichever c:

Follow me~

Instagram : @xxxpandayuki
YouTube : /xvocaloidxanimex
DeviantArt : vkeidollx
xxxpandayuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #197
Spiritman
Boston's Hero

Well here i am

just kinda happened and yea cosplay was a factor, she was ok with it at first but then said i needed to stop it

Name : Julio
Cosplay name :The Hero Turtle
about me : well im a kind hearted guy, i like simple things and having fun, im also a puppeteer on my off time and have done puppetry for movies and TV

Anime Boston 2011 Cosplay: TMNT Puppets

Anime Boston 2013 Cosplay/Boston Comic Con 2013 :TMNT Michelangelo

http://www.youtube.com/user/PuppetsonScraps
Michelangelo Cosplay:The Boston Ninja Turtle
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #198
voiceofwonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Anyone who actually read through my full post is awesome btw, and gets a cookie if you ever meet me and I can find a place that has cookies for sale nearby I have no problem just talking with random people usually, and it keeps me entertained, since I'm so bored during weekdays. Always cool to find some anime fans that want to play some Soulcalibur (Xbox 360) with me, or that's interested in some of the other non-anime stuff I'm interested in
In the unlikely event that we actually meet, you owe me a cookie!
voiceofwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #199
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofwonder View Post
In the unlikely event that we actually meet, you owe me a cookie!
LMAO, will do ^.^ Just hopefully there's a place nearby I can get some cookies from XD
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #200
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpandayuki View Post
Name : Alyssa
Cosplay name : Kitten
A little about me : I'm a shy person, I love taking photography, I will hopefully be going to Sakura-con 2013(: I walk a lot I like cosplaying and plan on making many many cosplay.
Likes : photography, the beach, cosplaying, anime, manga, making new cosplay/modifying, makeup
Dislikes : liars, cheaters, bully's, judgers, rude people, always negative.
Looking for : a boyfriend, or friends. Whichever c:
We have so much in common! (I love photography)
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #201
xFairyTail17x

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psypr1s View Post
Okay, I've been wanting to meet people so I guess I should advertise myself ^_^ I posted in the old Singles thread & I made a really nice friend (who lost contact due to personal reasons =/) So, what the hey!

Nickname: Psypris (pronounced Cypress, like the tree)

ABOUT ME:
I graduated UGA with a Bachelor's Degree in Theatre: Performing Arts and took 2 years of Japanese. I've since forgotten most of it () and the real world slapped me so hard that I'm stuck in a normal, stable-income, desk job for the time being.

I find Cosplay to be a Performance Art, so for me it's a release for my passion to act. I'm unfortunately better at the "playing" part than the "costume" construction, but I'm progressing slowly ^_^.

I've not really be into much lately, but I love fantasy in general - anime, manga, live action (Werewolves, vampires, that sort). I'm open to trying new things, so I don't think specific titles are all that important. (Though I must say, not a Twilight fan, sorry ^_^;; )

I listen to every music variety - dubstep is probably my favorite (but no, I actually DON'T do drugs) & I stay away from Jazz for the most part.

I'm also big into video games, although again, haven't played much recently (Life, I tell ya!) I love Stealth (Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu etc) and active RPGs (Fable) but again, I'm up for anything =)

SEEKING:
Either people looking to join a cosplay group or a cosplay group looking for new members. My mini-group would like to become more serious in making skits, CMVs and doing group cosplays at conventions. To see what we've done so far: www.youtube.com/EcoCosplay (I'm Psypris, obviously ^_^)

Friends, of either gender. I don't make true friends very easily (I'm one of those rare breeds who finds comfort in solitude. I'm not anti-social, but my best friend is my sister & my next best friend I can go for literally a year without seeing & we'll be fine. So, every day get-togethers aren't really my thing, unfortunately. I'd like that to change though). Think, Sailormoon or My Little Ponies: FiM : I want friends like that =D

I'm open for something more (I'm single & looking), but I don't really date very well (I'm awkward XD), so I'd prefer for something to form out of a friendship :3 {edited to sound less jaded LOL}

And that BOOK on me is probably why I'm unlucky in love and friendship...

BUT, if you are interested in getting to know me better: www.facebook.com/cfavole Please tell me you're from here & I'll friend you :3

OK.....so you and me are like the same! XD....I live in Atlanta too!, I'm not Anti-social or anything, but I too think of my sister as a friend, and hope to join a group, for most of the part, I love Anime and Cosplay, and I do costume commissions with my sister, and I do Props especially, I have learned and taken Japanese for 7 years, but I know some, but not much.......But, I do know Korean and Thai, and I love your Ecocosplay channel! XD and I love you're Lucy Heartfilia cosplay, I was Erza but, I missed on FRiday, so.....yup T-T ....but I hope to see you for Momocon 2013! XD
xFairyTail17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #202
The Merchant
What Are Ya Sellin?

Name: The Merchant (Once I get to know you well enough then we can get to the names lol)

I know the thread says its for single peeps, but I just figured I'd post here to at least throw out there that I'm always open to meeting new friends especially amongst the otaku crowd. I'm not single, just happy to meet people with the same interests and who knows? Make some new friends here and there ^_^

I have a pretty vast interest when it comes to anime, manga, and cosplay but some finer points that I have a bit more interest in particular are:

Survival Horror Video Games, have been a Resident Evil and Silent Hill fan since their respective debuts.

Video Games in general lol though I do have a soft spot for the classics

For Anime I would have to say I am a fan of fantasy based, mecha, horror, slice of life, historical, and of course comedy ^_^

Music: I'm pretty eclectic but I do love J-Pop, J-Rock, K-Pop, J-Trance, etc.

Most of my cosplays oddly enough center around minor characters or secondary characters, usually ones that don't really expand much beyond where they stand or ones that die pretty early lol

Disney fans are always a plus too ^_^

But the big thing I look for is people who are honest, caring, positive, supportive, true to themselves, have a sense of humor, open minded, non-arrogant, and chill ^_^

If you're ever at any of the California cons whether Nor-Cal or So-Cal you'll likely find me and if you do, drop on by and say hello! ^_^

Future Cosplays So Far: Genma Saotome (Human Form) (Completed)
The Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #203
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Eh, Another time can't hurt..What with how many people keep signing up lol

1.Name:
Jason (I hope my username was enough to know that, but eh *Shrug*)

2.General location:
Washington State. King County to get more specific..

3.Self Summary & Gender:
I am a dude, and I am short..I am 5'5" and a little on the slightly heavy side. I wouldn't say "fat" but not as skinny as I use to be lol Working on that one..I like anime, like most on here, except I hate Naruto..Sorry..I don't mind if you like it, But just know I don't..I will, however, play the games..I do however like a wide veriety of styles. I love Magical Girl. I just thing the outfits are way way awesome looking and I love drawing them. I do love action anime like most males do like DragonBall and the like, but I would rather sit and watch a romantic comedy anime before that. My favorite anime is Cardcaptor Sakura. And yes, the Japanese one..Not the English one..I also love Sailormoon, and my favorite character ever is Minako Aino (Venus). As for games I love the games Square has made..This would be starting around The Sword Of Mana, and the first Final Fantasy games all the way to the newer Kingdom Hearts games (as well as all of them lol). My all time favorite game is Final Fantasy VII (all of them, but the original more). My favorite game characters are Tifa (FFVII), Cloud (FFVII) and Shiva (GF in FFVIII). As for manga, My favorites are Beyond the Beyond (most favorite ever), Vampire Knight and Rosario+Vampire. I also play guitar. I play a lot of metal, so yea..Being good with that is a HUGE plus and probably something you will want to like being around me..I also draw (as mentioned above). I draw anime but I am really good at anything..If I take my time I can draw just about anything..Last, Cosplays. You can look in my costume page to see who I cosplay. Mostly games (only games at this time but will be doing more). That's about it for now..

25. Looking for around 22-26ish. That's a normal range for me..

4.Likes and or dislikes:
Really, you can get that from reading above..

5.What you are looking for:
Friends, Girlfriend (long term I hope) and cosplay buddies. If you see in my page what I cosplay and you wanna hang out at a con as another fellow character that's kool and I will totally be up for that.

Anyway, That's all for now. Thanks for looking ^_^
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #204
J-West

1.Name: James
2.General location: North Jersey
3.Self Summary & Gender: I'm a 5'7, black american male. I'm 29 but I look younger so thats a plus lol. I love going to NYCC and cosplaying, it's so much fun! I'm an artist, currently working on my own graphic novel. I dig video games and girls who dig video games lol. I may seem shy at first, but that's because I'm an Introvert. Once you get me talking, I don't shut up lol. Theres more but you gotta contact me to find out
4.Likes and or dislikes: I like people who are chill, ice cream, video games, girls, anime, cartoons, movies, comic books. I'm a huge batman fan, so I like anything relating to that. I live by a code of honor so if you're honest, and not a backstabber, I'll most definately like you. I don't like people who think they are better than everyone else, basically stuck up people. I don't backstabbers as stated above, or people who take cheap shots when you're not looking or your back is turned. Literally and figuratively. I can't stand obnoxious people! I can tolerate rudeness, cause it's kind of a trait of introverts unfortunately.
5.What you are looking for: I'm looking for more friends to hang with that have the same interests as I do and like to cosplay. Not really looking for a girlfriend but if a girl happens to come along that I like, that could work too
J-West is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #205
AutomailArm

Name:
Joe

General Location:
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania

Self-summary and Gender:
Male, 30 y/o, Asian. I have a technical background and work as an Engineering Technician for a commercial/residential lighting company. I'm 5'4" with a fit/athletic physique. I work out and keep in good shape. I served in the Army for five years. I consider myself to be very nice, pleasant, dedicated, very polite and well-mannered.

Likes and Dislikes:
Well, obviously, I like anime and cosplay. Some of my particular favorites are FMA:B, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ranma 1/2, Final Fantasy VII, and Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team. I'm a fan of Marvel Comics and internet memes. I also like to play paintball and shoot pool. As for dislikes....I dislike jerks, and lame cookie-cutter movies.

What I'm Looking for:
I'm always looking for new friends (male and female) with similar interests to work on cosplay projects together, go to cons with, hang out, and do what friends do. It would be wonderful to meet that special young lady to do couple's stuff with, be romantic for, and show her how special she is.
AutomailArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #206
dollipopcosplay

Name : I'm Dolly
Area: Northern GA (originally from Southern MD so the whole Baltimore and DC area is some place I visit a lot)
Things You Should Know: I'm an 18 year old girl, currently enrolled in college. I haven't really found anyone in this area that I can connect with and certainly no one who cosplays. I kind of take cosplaying seriously (as in quality, not necessarily the way I act lol). I'm pretty laid back. A real gamer chick (Xbox360!). I tend to be pretty straight forward with everything.
Likes and Dislikes: I'm a yaoi fangirl lol. It's true, but if ya don't like it, I won't rub it in your face. My favorite games are MW2, KH2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Assassin's Creed, various Indie games. Well there isn't much I don't like that isn't the same for everyone (liars, manipulation, ect).
Looking For: Friends, relationship? Basically just someone to hang with in my free time. I'm looking for people to cosplay with of either gender, who aren't afraid to get a little touchy feel-y during a photo shoot (not excessively lol). I just miss being able to cosplay and not feel weird for doing it lol.

So yeah. PM or whatever lol.
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise
Harry Potter
Sasuke
Roxas
Sora
dollipopcosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #207
KatieCat/Raen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucius View Post
Alright... let's do this.

1. Cole, but I can go by Lucius, Lu, whatever... (When I signed up and needed a screen name I just used the name I gave my crested gecko because I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking up screen names, LOL.)

2. Southeast Virginia, USA

3. I am a panromantic asexual 23-year-old female (though technically gender neutral). I'm 6'1", but I slouch a lot...

4. I'm a double concentration art student with a minor in Philosophy/Religious Studies. That said I mainly spend my time reading, both non-fiction and fiction, both novels and manga. I watch anime, but 90% of the time I read the manga version. No real favourites at this time. I love music, however the only English (language) music I listen to is usually 90's or older. My ipod is full of j-pop/k-pop, classical, and Disney songs. I like to bake, but only if I can give most of it away to someone; because I don't need to eat it. :P My favourite video games are the Zelda and Castlevania series. I used to play soccer, but bad knees and knee injuries run in the family so I stopped after I messed up my ankle. And, I enjoy all kinds of playing card games.

I typed up my dislikes but without explanations they made me sound like a cynical old man and the post would be too long for me to give an explanation for each one... so I deleted them. The only one that didn't sound crazy is cheese. I really don't like cheese. XP

5. Mainly I'd like to make friends... especially with people I could cosplay with and meet up with at cons. : ) Relationships? Who knows, I'm not exactly looking, but as they say, que sera sera. ; )
Hi Lucius, I'm Katie and live in the Southeast Area of Va, too. CX
2P Fem!Germany-APH 100%
Saber-Fate/Stay Night 100%
Robot!GIR- 0%
Rose-Homestuck 80%
Redglare-Homestuck 30%
KatieCat/Raen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #208
KatieCat/Raen

1: Katie/Kate/Katelyn/K.T./ Kadoodles...
General Location:I live in the Southeast part of Virginia, mainly Newport News
Who I am: a 19 year old female who acts younger than here age, is a freshman at college (major: Psychology Minor: Leadership (Maybe dance also)), and enjoys many things. She also enjoys hugs and the only way to stop here from giving you one is to tell her that you don't like hugs (seriously).
Looking for: people to cosplay and/or have fun with around where I live. it would be nice to be in a relationship, though (is a lesbian. CX)..... I can't think of anything else at the moment. CX
2P Fem!Germany-APH 100%
Saber-Fate/Stay Night 100%
Robot!GIR- 0%
Rose-Homestuck 80%
Redglare-Homestuck 30%
KatieCat/Raen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #209
Lyliah
Lovingly Self-conflicted

Reposted for shiggles

Seeking (gender / type of relationship): Male for a longer term relationship, anyone for friendship.

Interests: I'm obsiously a fan of anime and cosplay or I wouldn't be on this site ^_^ I also love most fantasy and Sci fi. I read regular books and comic books but I don't watch a lot of TV. I write fiction, and one of my dreams is to be a writer for Marvel Comics. I crochet - mainly stuffed toys - and I craft, I play video games and table top games, and I roleplay. And I just... love cats... TT^TT Recently I've been exploring making dolls!

I consider myself a smart, witty person, but sometimes my sense of humor can be a little weird. Then again, I suppose with most nerds like me, that would be considered normal...
I really want someone to cosplay with. I want to meet someone who'll not be embarassed if I start randomly singing in public. I want to meet someone who doesn't mind sporadic romantic moments. I want to meet someone who I can banter with, then cuddle with. I suppose I'm getting a little too specific XP I have dreams of doing couples cosplay with someone, though they'd have to be okay with slash, since I mainly crossplay. I don't dislike a lot of the female characters, but finding the right combination of likable personality and NOT nearly naked is not easy in anime.

((including but not limited to))
Anime: Hetalia, Naruto, Getbackers, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Kyo Kara Maoh, Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin, DBZ, and a lot more I can't think of at the moment. I'm always open to watching more!
Games: I'm not to good at shooters or fighters, but I'll button mash until I get it right. I love horror survival games (Silent hill), RPG's, and platformers. There was a point in time where I had played every Sonic the Hedgehog game that had been released in the US
Movies: Most comic book movies, musicals, Star Trek movies, I'll watch anything once.
Books: Fantasy or Scifi mainly, but my favorite author is John Saul (two points if you know who he is)
TV: Avatar (TLA and LoK), Avengers EMH, and Young Justice are the only shows I currently watch. I have DVDs of JLU and FF and other such things. Sometimes I'll watch a good Law and Order or Batman, but usually I just use it as background noise.

"Frobozz electric; we don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck permanently."
~ Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Lyliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #210
C-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughnutLovins View Post
No harm in trying this out I suppose.

Name: Nino (general cosplay alias)
Location: Currently New Jeresy, but I frequent the New York City Area.
Self-summary/Gender: Female. About as straight as a double rainbow. Frills are my guilty pleasure. I carry myself a multitude of different ways, from tomboyish to cute to sexy. I've been growing out my hair for two years now so it's passed my shoulders toward the middle of my back. Cosplay is a passion for me. I also am an avid yaoi fan, both hard and soft core. I love having my picture taken and I love dancing at raves/clubs/whatever. I've also been drawing for as long as I can remember and am currently taking courses in cartooning.
Likes: Cosplay, Crossplay, Yaoi, Drawing, Cats, Dancing/Singing, Out-going girls, Androgyny, People who embrace my dirty mind, Being a camera whore, doing fanservice.
Dislikes: Dogs, Loud pets, Children, Naruto/Bleach/Homestuck/OnePiece, Weeaboos, Ignorance, High Maintenance People, Self Esteem issues. (I've dated too many people who hate themselves and I'm tired of it. Folks, you gotta love yourself before you love somebody else.)
Personality: Out-going, Adaptive, Perverted, Romantic, Eccentric, Fun-loving
Looking for: Cosplay friends and/or a girlfriend (18-25). Men need not apply. I'm a bit of a stickler about what men I'm friends with, particularly because they always seem to get mixed signals from me, despite being openly gay. Dunno how the heck that happens. I prefer someone who enjoys having their picture taken, dancing and having fun as much as I do. I tend to be a sucker for someone who can make me laugh or blush. Extra points if you manage to smirk at me a certain way. I have no idea why, but I tend to get all blushy if you've got a good smile. I'd prefer someone who lives on the east coat, preferably closer to the North East. Or at least attends these cons regularly: Katsucon, Castle Point, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, NYCC, AUSA.
ooh cool i live in NJ and we share a lot of things in common~ now i need to figure out how to do the PM-ing thing lol
C-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote