Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Does it work for you?!
I have not met or spoken to anyone even after a week of my post. 56 81.16%
I have talked to someone as a friend or set up a date. 7 10.14%
I have met a few people on here that catch my interest as friends or more. 5 7.25%
I now have a BF or GF because of my post 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #346
SpaceyGee

What? Another thread?

1. Aaron

2. New York City

3. Male, Age 23

Hello all, at first I may be a bit shy but it doesn't take long for me to open up once I get to know you. Once you do you'll notice how relaxed and laid back I can be. I can be serious when the situation desperately calls for it but overall I try to inject some humor whenever I can. I've been told by many that I should be a comedian and I try my best to put smiles on everyone's faces. Entertainment keeps us young and I do my best to entertain. I am posting here because I want to get to know someone who shares the same passion that I do. I am loving, honest, and caring and I would like someone who shares those traits. I don't feel like that is asking for too much. I've also completed 5 years at a college majoring in graphic design and right now I work freelance.

Favorite Anime/Manga: I have quite a few favorite anime/manga/video games and I am always open to more. I don't watch television as much as I used to, mainly because today's shows are quite boring but if you're interested in finding out more of my interests, feel free to message me!

4. Likes: Manga/Anime, Cosplay (don't we all?), Video Games, Graphic Design (its my job), Photography, Cooking, making others laugh.

Dislikes: Bars, binge drinking, a girl who is clingy to all her male friends.

5. I am looking for a female for a possible relationship.
SpaceyGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #347
Kiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
Alright. I'm Ame if your smart I totally gave you the tools to find out my real name.
And where you work, your birthday, where you graduated, your old Weebly gallery...

On that note, you should really upload your old works on your DA and/or blog. I don't know too much about fine art, but some of your older stuff looks impressive, particularly the stuff you did on canvas. Fine art, in general, creeps me out, but yours look good.

Anyway, just saying hi. Best of luck to you. See you at Otakon.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #348
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
And where you work, your birthday, where you graduated, your old Weebly gallery...

On that note, you should really upload your old works on your DA and/or blog. I don't know too much about fine art, but some of your older stuff looks impressive, particularly the stuff you did on canvas. Fine art, in general, creeps me out, but yours look good.

Anyway, just saying hi. Best of luck to you. See you at Otakon.

So yea...I did start it with my company in mind. About 95% of my friends on there are coworkers, lol.

That is actually a really good idea about uploading. I was so confused for a minute about what you were referring to because I got rid of a TON of crap on DA...all from highschool. At least Weebly isn't as offensive and old.

I appreciate the compliment, thanks haha. Fine Art and I tend to disagree which is prob why my teachers and I argued so much. But thank you, really!

You are going to Otakon? In costume I take it?
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #349
Kiro

You can argue about art? That's... sort of ironic. If you're trying to emulate a style or otherwise have a specific set of requirements to fulfill, sure, there can be areas of discussion. Art, from my perspective, is another mode of freedom of expression. As long as the artist is happy with his/her work: whether it be for aesthetics, to send a message, etc., who is anyone else to judge.

Just my opinion. I only have a few styles that I enjoy looking at, which often differs from my friends' when we peruse through artist alley's in conventions, but I give all artists a lot of credit for their respective crafts. It's challenging in so many ways.

I do plan on cosplaying at Otakon. As for what... that's still under consideration. This year, because I've been very indecisive in previous years, I'm dedicating my cosplays to my friends, two of whom are on Cosplay.com:

I've perused through Kotarou's cosplay list and, if he does Izaya (Durarara), I'm doing Shizuo. If he does Akito (Air Gear), I'll do one of the other Kogarasumaru members. He is doing Kirito (Sword Art Online) from the Fairy Dance arc, so I'm currently considering General Eugene.

Zubban's Chrono Gear group is missing a Robo, but for some very good reasons. He's a challenge to pull off well. He's also hard to transport. Good luck trying to fit through narrow hallways, walk up stairs, sit down, or go to the bathroom. I've seen several cosplays that face the same issues, but wow is the task daunting. This is probably what I'll be spending the next few months of my time on. I'm not much of a gamer, but I purchased the original SNES version, will be borrowing a SNES console from another friend, and will be playing the game so that I can better understand why the game is on most lists of "Greatest Games of All Time" and communicate with the fan base, possibly even become a fan myself.

All this while keeping up with school, work, and a 170 mile daily commute while applying for full-time jobs. I'm going to be spread a little thin over the next few months so cosplay takes a low priority right now, but I'll see if I can have something done by Otakon (or, preferably, Anime Boston).

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #350
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.

I have a BFA in Fine Art. I can tell your not into it, because to survive at school you have to be able to defend your own. I don't like it, I would rather art just be art. My teachers disagreed. It's a long and complicated story, but really you can argue about anything. If the right questions and motivations are behind it. You would be right to assume no one can judge, but people do. And when you go to school for it, it is like everything else. Graded and judged.

I think it's nice your going with your friends. I am cosplaying alone and I have to decide early because it takes me time to get my ass in gear with it all. And I create from scratch and sew by hand.

I wish you and your friends luck with your cosplays. I have seen amazing ones where I not only am astounded by the quality of work but question how they move throughout the day. Also, I <3 SNES. I am not really a gamer at all but I love this system.

I understand being spread thin. I did the full-time job and full-time student thing for too long. I wish you lots of luck with that. Make sure to take care of yourself too. You can easily wipe yourself out. If you can't get cosplay done, you can't.
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #351
Kiro

Yeah, I'm working towards a BS in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering. For the most part, if I'm wrong, I know why I'm wrong and accept the explanation. Grading is much more objective than in art. Working in the field, though, requires an active imagination. I did art in high school (sketching), and it has served me well. Slowly trying to get back into it, but it's difficult to get back where I left off.

Sewing is not a strong point of mine. I definitely prefer working with hard materials like wood, plastic, metal, etc. All of my props are made from scratch, and I'll definitely be doing some sort of armor for the first time, which will be from scratch. 2D --> CAD --> 3D

Best of luck to you as well. For me, starting is the hardest part. Once I see things coming together, things just fly by... until I run into problems, but those are always expected. You probably have a keen eye for details, so I expect something great from you. No pressure.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #352
Amaya Uchida

I guess I try this again.

Name: Erica
Seeking: Friendship of both gender/ relationship rather be male but possibly female.

About Me: I work at a theatre where I was interning at so I've been working plays and teaching classes. I'm very open to well just about anything really. I'm 5'3", very active in moving around but that doesnt mean I dont have my lazy moments. I'm into alot of different music just not really a country, dubstep, rap-fan. Some I can listen to. Very outgoing and open minded. Sometimes hardheaded but who isn't. Tomboy type of girl, plays any sports. I also know how to cook a little but baking is what I do best which I picked up on from working at a bakery/ restaurant for a couple of months. I am a senior in highschool, and I do plan on going to college. Staying in state for my college years then I'm wanting to move to somewhere new and different or back to my home state which is florida. I do drink but only when family are in town meaning july 4th, new years, xmas, or thanksgiving. Other than that I dont and you'll NEVER see me wasted or close to it. I collect old cars and restore them and also work on them. I love having fun being out in public in cosplays or just doing anything from bowling to the movies, cons, beaches or pools or in my case the lake. Also I do just laying outside under the stars relaxing and watching the sunset too. I take some things seriously like relationships, family, and friends. Other than that I'm very loving and caring. And I am a animal lover but there is a limit to how many cats, dogs, ect., you can have in a house. I have 1 dog which she is a solid black German Shephard. When I get my own home I plan on having another dog besides her and I would like to get a husky Oh, I've also taken classes on filming and editing along with the most advance art classes in my school. So yeah, I can draw, somthing to through out there is that I do have a sense of humor and you'll learn really quick by how I act that I am just about carefree in a way.

Likes: Anime, cosplays/ crossplays, mangas, yaoi(shounen-ai), alittle yuri, old cars, getting dirty(working wise), drawing, acting, video gaming, hanging with friends, jpop and rock along with kpop and rock, cons, and just having fun doing things.

Dislikes: I am NOT a homestuck fan! I also don't like MLP, halo, or CoD, But I don't care if your interested in that stuff, But talking to me about it you'll just lose me(as in the mind) I'm also not a shooter game girl(cause I can't aim and shoot) But I do play them once in a while. Drugs(that includes pot), Liars, Cheaters, and negative people are also on my dislike list and this doesn't mean if you do them I dont mind case cause I do mind. And the "if you love me you'll do this" and also the "i hate my life" stuff I REALLY HATE.

ANIMES/MANGAS: This is going to be really short (yeah right) XDD
.Hack series, 07 Ghost, Air Gear, Angel Beats, Angel Sanctuary, Ao no Exorcist, Aquarion(and Aquarion Evol), Arcana Famiglia, Asura Cryin', Avatar, Bakuman(1-3), Beelzebub, Black Cat, Black Lagoon, Black Rock Shooter, Bleach, Blood+, Bokurano, Burst Angel, Buso Renkin, Canaan, Clannad, Claymore, Code Geass, Cowboy Bepop, D.Gray-man, Darker than Black, Deadman Wonderland, Death Note, Detective Conan, Dogs, Dragon Ball(all except Kai), Dragon Drive, Durarara!!, El Cazador de la Bruja - The Witch Hunter, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Eureka Seven, Fairy Tail, Fate Zero, FLCL, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Panic!, FMA, Gauken Heaven, Gankutsuou, Ghost Hunt, Ghost in the Shell, Gintama, Gravitation, Gundam, Gunslinger, Highschool DxD, HOTD, InuYasha, Junjou Romantica, K(project), K-On!, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Kiss x Sis, Koducha, Kuroshitsuji, Kyou Kara Maoh!, Loveless, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Negima!, OHSHC, Pandora Hearts, Paranoia Agent, Persona, Prince of Tennis, Rave Master, s-Cry-ed, Samurai Champloo, Sket Dance, Skip Beat, Slayers, Soul Eater, Start Driver, Starry Sky, Steins Gate, Strait Jacket, Strawberry Panic, SAO, Tales of(series), Togainu no Chi, Tokko, Trigun, Trinity Blood, Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru, Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000%, Wolf's Rain, and Zoids. There are A LOT more that I didnt name.

Video Games:
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10, 12, 13(-2), and 14
Assassin's Creed
Guitar Hero
Kingdom Hearts
Anime based ones
Sims
Resonance of Fate
God of War
Midnight Club
Halo and CoD (rarely)
I can not think of anything else....

Tv Shows/ Movies: Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Burn Notice, NCIS, CSI: Miami, fantasy/ syfy, comedy, just about any genre except soap operas. Movies I'll watch anything just about not really a horror fan though.

I don't know what else to say.....if I missed anything or you want to know more just pm me or friend me on fb but make sure you say your from here on my fb. https://www.facebook.com/AmayaUchida

Dragon-Con 2011
L from Death Note
Roxas from Kingdom Hearts
Naruto Uzumaki(School uniform)
Ichigo from Bleach
Kazu from Air Gear
Amaya Uchida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #353
Kiro

Edit: Experiencing a forum issue. Please ignore this post.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon

Last edited by Kiro : 02-25-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #354
Ranger Soldat

Thanks much,

~RS

Last edited by Ranger Soldat : 07-11-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Ranger Soldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #355
Dustvayne
Watching clouds

I don't really expect this to work but what the heck...

Name: Dustin

General location: Washington State, near Olympia.

Self Summary, Gender, and Age: I am 20 (turning 21 in August) and am a male. As for a self summary... I have a hard time telling other people what I am like because everyone's opinion differs so I let people decide what they think after getting to know me themselves.

Likes and/or dislikes:I like anime and cosplay obviously. I am a fan of multiple different video games and I also enjoy reading. My interests range from archery to zombies.

What you are looking for: At this point in my life I am looking for whatever I can get. I don't have many friends so I could always use more of those. I would also love to find a significant other. Wouldn't we all? lol
Dustvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #356
hikarigirl13
Hika-chan

Name: Anna or Annie
General Location: Nor Cal - near Sacramento
Self Summary, Gender, Age: I am 16 going on 17 and I know that I'm naive... *shakes head* never mind that... I will be 17 by the time anyone reads this hehehe xD (my birthday is in 6 days as I post this) As for a "self summary", I am pretty shy and rather self-conscious. I usually get along well with just about everyone (or at least I try to) after I've had a chance to talk to them.
Likes/Dislikes: I like lots of things ^_^ too many to list in a short post like this. I enjoy reading and writing, video games, drawing (my dream is to work at Disney x3 ) My interests include writing short stories and movie scripts, archery, horseback riding, BJDs and photography, and baking sweet things
What am I looking for? Well, I guess more friends. I am always open to starting a relationship, but everything starts with a friendship. x3
hikarigirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #357
Animeguy123000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarigirl13 View Post
Name: Anna or Annie
General Location: Nor Cal - near Sacramento
Self Summary, Gender, Age: I am 16 going on 17 and I know that I'm naive... *shakes head* never mind that... I will be 17 by the time anyone reads this hehehe xD (my birthday is in 6 days as I post this) As for a "self summary", I am pretty shy and rather self-conscious. I usually get along well with just about everyone (or at least I try to) after I've had a chance to talk to them.
Likes/Dislikes: I like lots of things ^_^ too many to list in a short post like this. I enjoy reading and writing, video games, drawing (my dream is to work at Disney x3 ) My interests include writing short stories and movie scripts, archery, horseback riding, BJDs and photography, and baking sweet things
What am I looking for? Well, I guess more friends. I am always open to starting a relationship, but everything starts with a friendship. x3
You seem really cool I wouldn't mind getting to know you better I'm 18 btw.
Animeguy123000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #358
hikarigirl13
Hika-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeguy123000 View Post
You seem really cool I wouldn't mind getting to know you better I'm 18 btw.
Hi there! I'd love to get to know you too! I didn't expect such a quick reply from anyone! ^_^
hikarigirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #359
Animeguy123000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarigirl13 View Post
Hi there! I'd love to get to know you too! I didn't expect such a quick reply from anyone! ^_^
I saw your pm I sent a reply back.
Animeguy123000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #360
Ranger Soldat

Thanks much,

~RS

Last edited by Ranger Soldat : 07-11-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Ranger Soldat is offline   Reply With Quote