Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Does it work for you?!
I have not met or spoken to anyone even after a week of my post. 57 81.43%
I have talked to someone as a friend or set up a date. 7 10.00%
I have met a few people on here that catch my interest as friends or more. 5 7.14%
I now have a BF or GF because of my post 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 06-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #61
Talismand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucre View Post
Hello everyone! I used to be on this site a long time ago, but, I stopped after I went on a hiatus due to a ton of family issues arising. Low and behold, from Pennsylvania, I have relocated to Florida and know absolutely no one, especially having anything in common with cosplay or anime for that matter. I know there are people in South Florida but, of course, I happen to be in North Florida (Jacksonville to be precise), closer to Georgia...hurrah. Still, I know no one!

Anyway, with the ranting aside!

To be called: Sucre, Mana, or Manda
About Me: I'm 23 going on 24 in, gasp, three days?! I work ALOT, as I'm a cook in a restaurant (This also contributes to my lack of a social life..) I also workout a lot because I like to eat and I like to look good. I do crossplays and cosplays, with my first "reintroduction" to the cosplay world being AUSA. However, this does not mean I will brush any cosplay meetups aside!

I've had a lot of bad past experiences...one where I had gotten divorced but we were two worlds apart. I still had a passion for excitement and exploration - and he was the opposite, so, that ended that. I'm very adventurous, spontaneous, wild, - in short, I like to have fun and cosplay!
Hey I'm from Florida (Boynton Beach) if you want to get to know each other let me know ^^
Talismand is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #62
Sucre
Yes, My Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talismand View Post
Hey I'm from Florida (Boynton Beach) if you want to get to know each other let me know ^^

Sures! You can look me up on Facebook. I usually chat through there.

AUSA '12 Lineup
Grell Sutcliff - Kuroshitsuji
Miyu - Vampire Princess Miyu
Trish - Devil May Cry
Sucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #63
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

WELL, Hope everone is finding fun friends and maybe finding people that they like or could like on here. Let me know how everything is going guys.

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #64
jarowland

Lets keep the new posts to the new thread - Let the other one sink to the end of the pages!
jarowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #65
Akune-chan

That moment when you cannot find your post that is talking about yourself D:

; 3 ;
Unread 07-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #66
Psypr1s

Another Atl Cosplayer

Okay, I've been wanting to meet people so I guess I should advertise myself ^_^ I posted in the old Singles thread & I made a really nice friend (who lost contact due to personal reasons =/) So, what the hey!

Nickname: Psypris (pronounced Cypress, like the tree)

ABOUT ME:
I graduated UGA with a Bachelor's Degree in Theatre: Performing Arts and took 2 years of Japanese. I've since forgotten most of it () and the real world slapped me so hard that I'm stuck in a normal, stable-income, desk job for the time being.

I find Cosplay to be a Performance Art, so for me it's a release for my passion to act. I'm unfortunately better at the "playing" part than the "costume" construction, but I'm progressing slowly ^_^.

I've not really be into much lately, but I love fantasy in general - anime, manga, live action (Werewolves, vampires, that sort). I'm open to trying new things, so I don't think specific titles are all that important. (Though I must say, not a Twilight fan, sorry ^_^;; )

I listen to every music variety - dubstep is probably my favorite (but no, I actually DON'T do drugs) & I stay away from Jazz for the most part.

I'm also big into video games, although again, haven't played much recently (Life, I tell ya!) I love Stealth (Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu etc) and active RPGs (Fable) but again, I'm up for anything =)

SEEKING:
Either people looking to join a cosplay group or a cosplay group looking for new members. My mini-group would like to become more serious in making skits, CMVs and doing group cosplays at conventions. To see what we've done so far: www.youtube.com/EcoCosplay (I'm Psypris, obviously ^_^)

Friends, of either gender. I don't make true friends very easily (I'm one of those rare breeds who finds comfort in solitude. I'm not anti-social, but my best friend is my sister & my next best friend I can go for literally a year without seeing & we'll be fine. So, every day get-togethers aren't really my thing, unfortunately. I'd like that to change though). Think, Sailormoon or My Little Ponies: FiM : I want friends like that =D

I'm open for something more (I'm single & looking), but I don't really date very well (I'm awkward XD), so I'd prefer for something to form out of a friendship :3 {edited to sound less jaded LOL}

And that BOOK on me is probably why I'm unlucky in love and friendship...

BUT, if you are interested in getting to know me better: www.facebook.com/cfavole Please tell me you're from here & I'll friend you :3

Last edited by Psypr1s : 07-09-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: To add Contact Info
Psypr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #67
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psypr1s View Post
Okay, I've been wanting to meet people so I guess I should advertise myself ^_^ I posted in the old Singles thread & I made a really nice friend (who lost contact due to personal reasons =/) So, what the hey!

Nickname: Psypris (pronounced Cypress, like the tree)

ABOUT ME:
I graduated UGA with a Bachelor's Degree in Theatre: Performing Arts and took 2 years of Japanese. I've since forgotten most of it () and the real world slapped me so hard that I'm stuck in a normal, stable-income, desk job for the time being.

I find Cosplay to be a Performance Art, so for me it's a release for my passion to act. I'm unfortunately better at the "playing" part than the "costume" construction, but I'm progressing slowly ^_^.

I've not really be into much lately, but I love fantasy in general - anime, manga, live action (Werewolves, vampires, that sort). I'm open to trying new things, so I don't think specific titles are all that important. (Though I must say, not a Twilight fan, sorry ^_^;; )

I listen to every music variety - dubstep is probably my favorite (but no, I actually DON'T do drugs) & I stay away from Jazz for the most part.

I'm also big into video games, although again, haven't played much recently (Life, I tell ya!) I love Stealth (Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu etc) and active RPGs (Fable) but again, I'm up for anything =)

SEEKING:
Either people looking to join a cosplay group or a cosplay group looking for new members. My mini-group would like to become more serious in making skits, CMVs and doing group cosplays at conventions. To see what we've done so far: www.youtube.com/EcoCosplay (I'm Psypris, obviously ^_^)

Friends, of either gender. I don't make true friends very easily (I'm one of those rare breeds who finds comfort in solitude. I'm not anti-social, but my best friend is my sister & my next best friend I can go for literally a year without seeing & we'll be fine. So, every day get-togethers aren't really my thing, unfortunately. I'd like that to change though). Think, Sailormoon or My Little Ponies: FiM : I want friends like that =D

I'm open for something more, but I don't really date very well (I get bored easily, as horrible as that sounds!). Most of my experiences only lasted 2 weeks max (I ask myself "Could I marry this person?" And as soon as the answer is "No" I end it) - I did however, most recently have a 4 1/2 year relationship before I broke it off, so I know it's possible for me to hold onto someone. (We're still friends, too, so I'm not actually a horrible person LOL) I think the best relationships come from friendships first. I'm only attracted to older men (so, that'll have to be a birth of Pre-Sept 1986) and preferably someone taller than myself (I'm only 5'1", so that really isn't hard to do). I'm also open to women (love is blind, after all) but I've not had much experience to develop a 'type' yet ^_^.

And that BOOK on me is probably why I'm unlucky in love and friendship...

BUT, if you are interested in getting to know me better: www.facebook.com/cfavole Please tell me you're from here & I'll friend you :3
Well you seem to know what you want but also realize people are all different and some may surprise you. I know i'm not old or young really but it's more mentality then age for someone. Everyone has what they like and what they don't like, but staying open minded can do someone a lot of good. To me age is a number. (Legal age and up anyway) but people may be mature or not mature. I think where you stand now, you need to find friends and be open to dating. It's not a, "can i marry this person" you should look for. It's a do i love this person, or a can i love them before you ask yourself if you can marry them. But a relationship where you are dating and are friends first and allow yourself to see the real them takes more then 2 weeks. I have a positive view on love to be honest but unless you give a relationship time to prosper it never will. I don't know you so i can't say much...but take more risks in love. If you don't you might pass up mr. or ms. perfect without even a second glance. ( no one is perfect but you get what i mean i'd hope) Don't take this as an insult or someone telling you what to do. It's your life to live not mine or anyone else's but with that said love hurts sometimes but that's a part of life and though sometimes it sucks it's better to give everything finding love then to not. (side note) most men are not often looking to settle just yet and ones that are most of the time, older or not, tend to not be right for people the first time around. No offense to anyone by saying that but most times it is true. Well i've given you my very best and i wish you the best luck with finding someone you go really well with.)

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #68
Psypr1s

Thank you, darkangel7410. No offense was taken ^_^ I was raised to be a housewife & now that I'm an adult, I honestly don't know that I want to settle down into marriage at all; ironically, I have a commitment problem. Not the exclusivity, but what that means. (One of the reasons my previous relationship ended was because he was pushing me into marriage - he gave me an ultimatum & I got tired of it). So, I find the irony in my "marriage material" question, but I can't help but have that in mind. I don't let my significant other know, obviously. But I guess I don't see the reasoning behind wasting their time & mine when I know I can't put up with a particular personality trait or if we simply don't mesh well. (And I usually do know the person decently enough before I go on a date - I've never gone on a blind date before; most were coworkers or people I spoke with in my classes).

Which is why I definitely want to focus on friendships first =) My experiences in the past, the ones that only lasted 2 weeks (or less), that was all it took for me to realize I didn't want that person in my life (I seem to only attract stalkers who just want a physical relationship).

And while I agree that age really is just a number, I've not found a younger man with the maturity level that I'm looking for (again, not commitment wise, just financial awareness & emotional stability -that sort of thing) It's actually a turn-off for me when I find out a guy is younger than me; it's weird, I know ^_^

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom and your well wishes!

Last edited by Psypr1s : 07-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Psypr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #69
someguy2607

I. Ello' there everyone. Someguy is the name, but also will respond to "AJ," "Mista Jones," and/or(perhaps even a combination of) Haseo K. ((used that last one on a bunch of games).
II. Around Nashville TN, is lucky enough to be my residence. I haven't the slightest clue if I will stay in TN after I get through college.
III. I am 18 years of age and male. I have been one a lot longer than the other. January is the birth month of 'where it's at.'
IV. I consider myself and describe myself as a mellow, easy going kinda guy. I taught myself how to play Guitar and Piano. I enjoy cosplay, and I create blueprints and ideas. Ideas and blueprints. Acting is fun. And I've been told that I can hold my breath an infinite amount of time when I'm in 'Stealth Mode.' Ninja style. As for things that don't catch my fancy, there really aren't many. None surface to mind at this question.
V. I seek the company of more friends with cosplaying interest and perhaps a cosplay group. I suppose lookin' for love is also option that I wouldn't decline.
~~
Previous Cons
MTAC (2011, 2012)

Future Cons
DragonCon(2012)
GMX(2012)
MTAC(2013)
someguy2607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #70
jarowland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psypr1s View Post
Thank you, darkangel7410. No offense was taken ^_^ I was raised to be a housewife & now that I'm an adult, I honestly don't know that I want to settle down into marriage at all; ironically, I have a commitment problem. Not the exclusivity, but what that means. (One of the reasons my previous relationship ended was because he was pushing me into marriage - he gave me an ultimatum & I got tired of it). So, I find the irony in my "marriage material" question, but I can't help but have that in mind. I don't let my significant other know, obviously. But I guess I don't see the reasoning behind wasting their time & mine when I know I can't put up with a particular personality trait or if we simply don't mesh well. (And I usually do know the person decently enough before I go on a date - I've never gone on a blind date before; most were coworkers or people I spoke with in my classes).

Which is why I definitely want to focus on friendships first =) My experiences in the past, the ones that only lasted 2 weeks (or less), that was all it took for me to realize I didn't want that person in my life (I seem to only attract stalkers who just want a physical relationship).

And while I agree that age really is just a number, I've not found a younger man with the maturity level that I'm looking for (again, not commitment wise, just financial awareness & emotional stability -that sort of thing) It's actually a turn-off for me when I find out a guy is younger than me; it's weird, I know ^_^

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom and your well wishes!
Honestly I know what you mean. Its the reason why I have such trouble. I have met a few cool girls, but my usual thought process is what do i tell my kids when they ask about Smoking drinking etc etc. Which is why I tend to reserve myself to those who abstain and dress at least moderately conserved. Oh well, One day.
jarowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #71
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Nevermind I will never find friends

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 07-11-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #72
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.

I'd love to make new friends! Far or near ^^

1.Name: Makira, if ya want my real name, just ask =P

2.General location: Southern California

3.Self Summary & Gender: I love music, I play 4 different instruments (Flute, Sax, Clarinet, and piano) I'm currently looking into buying a violin or a viola, I'm having a hard time choosing. Obviously I'm into cosplay. I love anime/video games. I adore photography. My favorite sport to watch is Football and favorite sport to play is Tennis. And if you couldn't tell by my pictures, name, and super pink writing, I'm a girl =P

4.Likes and or dislikes: I love to cook/bake and am also very active (as in gym/being outside). I dislike shorthand internet speak. I get it, but perhaps because I'm 26, if someone "talks lyk dis, ur so kewl!" I find it immature and very annoying.

5.What you are looking for: Friends I know this is titled a singles thread, but in the OP it states looking for friends is fine too! I already have a BF, so I'm set there, but I could really use some true, nerdy friends So send me a PM or go to my FB and message me if ya wanna chat =^.^=
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira

Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012

Last edited by Makira : 07-09-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #73
magiccosplay01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
I'd love to make new friends! Far or near ^^

1.Name: Makira, if ya want my real name, just ask =P

2.General location: Southern California

3.Self Summary & Gender: I love music, I play 4 different instruments (Flute, Sax, Clarinet, and piano) I'm currently looking into buying a violin or a viola, I'm having a hard time choosing. Obviously I'm into cosplay. I love anime/video games. I adore photography. My favorite sport to watch is Football and favorite sport to play is Tennis. And if you couldn't tell by my pictures, name, and super pink writing, I'm a girl =P

4.Likes and or dislikes: I love to cook/bake and am also very active (as in gym/being outside). I dislike shorthand internet speak. I get it, but perhaps because I'm 26, if someone "talks lyk dis, ur so kewl!" I find it immature and very annoying.

5.What you are looking for: Friends I know this is titled a singles thread, but in the OP it states looking for friends is fine too! I already have a BF, so I'm set there, but I could really use some true, nerdy friends So send me a PM or go to my FB and message me if ya wanna chat =^.^=
Ill be your friend makira. Send me a message on messages. I cant add u on fb im blocked. can you add me instead. https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/rober...user=673181700

Last edited by magiccosplay01 : 07-09-2012 at 04:14 PM.
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #74
ShaneUSMC

1. The Name: Kinda obvious but my name is Shane! ^_^

2. The Place: I'm from Arizona. I'm headed to Okinawa Japan.

3. Summary of me, and I'm a dude: I'm a Marine. It's a big part of who I am, but under that I'm a nerdy guy who always wanted to cosplay and likes anime. Also, I have a tattoo of Asa from Shuffle on my left arm. I will forever have a hot girl on my arm, so to say!
Right, I'm 21. Oh and as for what I do, I'm a Combat Engineer (1371).

4. Like/Dislike!?: Well. In general. I like Anime, girls, being active, making people laugh, SARCASM, people who get sarcasm. I seem like a terrible, stereotypical, full of himself, loser... IF you don't understand that I do it all in jest.

As for likes in women?
Cute! In shape! Has a sense of humor! Likes anime! Nerdy! Shy, but bold! Modest but proud!
Basically I'm looking for a girl way out of my league.
and I'll get her someday.

5. So! What do you want?!: A cute girl, who I can go to cons with, or talk about my interests with and not be judged for it! If it turns into anything! Well! Yay. If not! I don't mind the flirting that comes along with finding out :P

I'm not a desperate guy, I'm also not the typical nerdy guy. I'm not new to dating and it would be ingenuine to say or imply that I am. I've been hurt, I've hurt. I'm at the point in my life where I'm just looking for something Real.
ShaneUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #75
magiccosplay01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneUSMC View Post
1. The Name: Kinda obvious but my name is Shane! ^_^

2. The Place: I'm from Arizona. I'm headed to Okinawa Japan.

3. Summary of me, and I'm a dude: I'm a Marine. It's a big part of who I am, but under that I'm a nerdy guy who always wanted to cosplay and likes anime. Also, I have a tattoo of Asa from Shuffle on my left arm. I will forever have a hot girl on my arm, so to say!
Right, I'm 21. Oh and as for what I do, I'm a Combat Engineer (1371).

4. Like/Dislike!?: Well. In general. I like Anime, girls, being active, making people laugh, SARCASM, people who get sarcasm. I seem like a terrible, stereotypical, full of himself, loser... IF you don't understand that I do it all in jest.

As for likes in women?
Cute! In shape! Has a sense of humor! Likes anime! Nerdy! Shy, but bold! Modest but proud!
Basically I'm looking for a girl way out of my league.
and I'll get her someday.

5. So! What do you want?!: A cute girl, who I can go to cons with, or talk about my interests with and not be judged for it! If it turns into anything! Well! Yay. If not! I don't mind the flirting that comes along with finding out :P

I'm not a desperate guy, I'm also not the typical nerdy guy. I'm not new to dating and it would be ingenuine to say or imply that I am. I've been hurt, I've hurt. I'm at the point in my life where I'm just looking for something Real.
Your introduction strikes me odd?
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote