Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Critique

Unread 05-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Video Kozo
Prop master

Littile Photo shoot!

Here are my choice pics from my first photo-shoot in fifteen years!!

these are slightly retouched with photoshop!! and i am not a PS expert i am only starting to find out how to use it....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9225932&type=3

appreciate any comment.
Video Kozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
etchedmemories

You did a great job for a come back for after 15 years, but be careful in photoshop! You don't want to rely on it too heavily, because in my thought, some pictures really don't need to be touched up or heavily done in photo shop, sometimes natural is the best way to go except for maybe some facial touch ups.

I noticed some poses looked a little awkward on the models, and even I have some problems with myself, but don't be afraid to experiment with poses and do test shots until something natural and comfortable, you and the model can both agree on.

Other then that, keep practicing that really is the key! You did a great job!
etchedmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
LarryMHolder
Photographer and Artist

Posing is my bane as well, but most cosplayers know their characters fairly well and just need a little adjustment sometimes. Good job on the photos, I myself returned heavily to photography last year after about a 8 year gap, so I feel for you there. I do find certain background and location elements out of place or distracting, but really that a personal preference I like to have in my photos and is not a major concern for most people. I also like to go heavy of the outdoor flash and try to darken the background at least a stop compared to the person or people in focus. It just makes for a sharper looking image I find. keep it up man, your doing great.
LarryMHolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
brucer007
Bruce Heinsius

I found a few good images in your collection, like one horizontal composition with her sitting on the rocks with the waterfall behind her.

Watch out for over exposures. Try to find more flattering lighting by moving into the shade or shooting with the sun behind your subject. Using reflectors or umbrella, or soft-boxes can give you more natural-looking lighting than using direct fill-flash.

Here are my favorite images:

brucer007 is offline   Reply With Quote