Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 09-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Halloween Party 2012

so since the date was confirmed to be the 26th, what is everyone cosplaying to it?

Our group has a few things going on, me personally will be Lambdadelta from Umineko with my Bernkastle, and 2 of our friends are doing Finn and Fionna from Adventure Time... and then I believe we also have Alice from Madness Returns... (if any of you guys see this, correct me if I'm wrong!)
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Last edited by Rainbowgasm : 10-06-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Rei-Azalia

probably gunna do daniel again and then rest the costume until next year. :3 he fits the theme.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Going as Jesse Anderson from Yu-Gi-Oh GX
So glad I see there are others who are cosplaying as well, im not alone :P

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
x-musicfreak-x
Emotional Constipation

My birthday is the 26th I'm hoping to convience parents to drive me and spend the night in Toronto. If it comes together, my cosplay will be Amy Lee from the My Immortal music video. If not, probably Ramona Flowers zombie version xD

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MusicfreakCreations
Tumblr: http://x-musicfreak-x.tumblr.com/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicfreakCreations
deviantART:http://x-musicfreak-x.deviantart.com/
x-musicfreak-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

It sounds like fun; if we can, my boyfriend and I may go. I don't live in TO (three hours away, actually, so I guess we'd have to get a hotel for the night) and I have utterly no idea how my halloween week will pan out, so I can't say 'yes" yet. If we can, though, we're wearing cyberpunk costumes. I'm cosplaying Molly Millions from Neuromancer for halloween/any related parties, and my boyfriend's doing a generic cyberpunk hacker/badass kind of guy with some circuit lines and such on his skin.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I'm considering it at the moment, but I'm not too sure. If I do go, I get the feeling that I will probably be replicating this pic a lot and with the same character.

EDIT: Oh wow, I'm glad I googled where the event will be because I thought it was farther downtown. Now I'm definitely going.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 09-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
Gohan Som

If I'm not working that night I might go. I was thinking some costumes I could do tell me what you think.

-Oozaru (DBE) I have a Goku DBE costume from last AN and I have a werewolf mask and hands. The only problem would be one the werewolf mask tends to shed (not kidding) and also I would have to think how to do the arms and chest.

-Hollow Ichigo I have Ichigo's sword but that's it. I would need to find a costume and mask. I know the masks are common though.

-Eva Unit 6 Now this is nothing more then a mere pipe dream. I have nothing to work with other then cardboard and no skill in crafting

-An OC I was thinking about possibly a demon possessed version of my DBZ character but I'm not sure how to quite do that as of yet but would love tips.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Looks like due to time and money constraints, I can't make it this year. Damn it. I'd BETTER be able to make it next year!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
flash1616
don't touch the Mytho

I'll be going with a friend we'll both be cosplaying from the Fatal Frame series. We're not sure if we're gonna re-wear one of the ones I've made already or make new ones, either way should be fun.
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

I'm going to this Anime North Halloween/Doujika Festival for this first time this year. It seems to have most of the typical anime con things, with some extra Hallowe'en and Japanese cultural attractions added. What has it been like in years past? Does it get a lot of people? I'm looking forward to it, but I was curious about what to expect.

By the way, I'm going as Avatar Aang as he appears in Legend of Korra and my wife is cosplaying Katara.

@ShinobiXikyu I would loved to have seen your Molly cosplay. Neuromancer has always been one of my favorite books.

Last edited by Pasiphilo : 10-23-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Pasiphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Gohan Som

Well it turns out that I am working so I can't go. Everyone have a fantastic time though and hope to see you all at AN.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasiphilo View Post
@ShinobiXikyu I would loved to have seen your Molly cosplay. Neuromancer has always been one of my favorite books.
I'll at least be doing a photoshoot (with my boyfriend as Batou- woo, crossover potential/same genre) on Halloween, so I'll have photos up soon after that.