Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #61
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart:Dense Boy View Post
Oh I know it's not AN's fault - trust me :P and I know it happens, I was just so shocked at their reaction when they were caught. If it had been a "my friend is feeling faint and she was going to pass out due to sun" - that's at least understandable than the we can sit on cars if we want to attitude.
Oh in no way I'm defending their rudeness it's just this "entitlement" attitude I'm see more of with kids of parent that hand everything on a silverplatter (the parents are just as bad, rude and ignorant customers that abuse servers). Because they were sitting on the car, the space they were using was "theirs" in their thick minds and they can do whatever they wanted with it. It's the "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine" attitude about 16 years ago my Mom was seeing in children because their parents encouraged it, in the daycares she worked for through either example of absent parenting. It the complete and utter lack of respect of other people and their belonging that's going to bit them in the ass sooner then later if the don't start thinking.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #62
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Pros: Because of the cap the line ups for food weren't as long
Liked the garbage/recycling cans outside
less crowded easier to walk around
dealers were nice, con goers were nice
weather was awesome
Cons: Didnt like the big stage next to the door for the dealers room was a bit too loud

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #63
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASleazoid View Post
Cons/Suggestions

- Aigoooo Radisson Suites, I love the hotel, but daaaang, it was HOT in that hotel. In the Lobby, in the Radisson room, homg the heat was bad. A/C, they needed more power to it or something.
Maybe it was just your room because the A/C in our room worked wonderfully! My only disappointment with the Rad was only 2 people working the check-in/check-out desk. For a hotel that size I expect more people to be working. :/
Yukinosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #64
ImASleazoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinosama View Post
Maybe it was just your room because the A/C in our room worked wonderfully! My only disappointment with the Rad was only 2 people working the check-in/check-out desk. For a hotel that size I expect more people to be working. :/
Our room A/C was ok, but I mean more the Lobby n stuff. Like walking inside from outside, there was no bam! A/C >.<
ImASleazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #65
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinosama View Post
They only have a spot for 2 people. Then usually there is a 3rd roaming around.

For a hotel that size they should have a desk that holds way more computers.... the Holiday Inn has more ticket counters!

Then again, the Rad already sold out of double bed rooms. Must be doing something right.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #66
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

ImASlezoid: Ahh ok
Direkitty: Yes, it's true they only have 2 spots, it's just surprising they don't have more.
Yukinosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #67
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

A lot better than last year! C: I didn't meet a whole bunch of people but the people I did meet were super awesome!

My favourite memory was when I was dressed as Strong World Luffy and someone behind me goes "Luffy, you'll have to come with us." I turn around and it's the three Admirals looking down at me LOL. I was so freaked out but it was really awesome afterwards x'D

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #68
Kawaii_Omi
Cloaked Schemer [ VI ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Sushi View Post
I think there should be a cap on how many people can go into the dealer room. I mean seriously. there are to many people in there. You can barely look at anything because your playing dodgeball with the crowed. XD lol which is why I will never cosplay an outfit that has a weapon. Free hands are better. haha it was so god damn hot. no matter where you are, its hot. the inside really needs better air conditioning, though its a big place so it probably did have it on. That was my only prob. I wish I could of stayed longer on saturday but it was way to hot. my face was burning up. I'm pretty sure everyone got sun burns that day.
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but they use to allow so many people in at a time and then that cause another uproar of having to wait in line and stuff. Usually around the hours before the dealers room is about to close its never as busy as it is at start or middle. I found it very busy this year all day and I wonder if this was because of the cap of the convention. Which sounds weird, I know, cause you'd think a cap would mean less people. Last year I was able to go to the dealers room on a Saturday around 4 or 5 pm and there would be hardly anyone there and you could just skip along and that was without a cap. But I went there around 4 this Saturday and couldn't even turn around and that was through all the days even Sunday when it was about to close.

I don't think anyone could do anything about the dealers room but I hope they do take our suggestions into consideration. This is my 12th year at Anime North and this is the busiest year in the dealers room ever AND this was the only year they widen it..So I don't know what happen o_o

Anime North 2014
Friday: Abbey Bominable (Monster High)
Saturday: Madeline Hatter (Ever After High)
Sunday: Dai Ji (DW7 Alt)

TF Con Canada
Friday:
Saturday: Jazz ( G1)

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Saturday:
Sunday:

Fan Expo
Sunday: Madeline Hatter ( Ever After High)

TF Con US
Friday:
Saturday:
Kawaii_Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #69
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_Omi View Post
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but they use to allow so many people in at a time and then that cause another uproar of having to wait in line and stuff. Usually around the hours before the dealers room is about to close its never as busy as it is at start or middle. I found it very busy this year all day and I wonder if this was because of the cap of the convention. Which sounds weird, I know, cause you'd think a cap would mean less people. Last year I was able to go to the dealers room on a Saturday around 4 or 5 pm and there would be hardly anyone there and you could just skip along and that was without a cap. But I went there around 4 this Saturday and couldn't even turn around and that was through all the days even Sunday when it was about to close.

I don't think anyone could do anything about the dealers room but I hope they do take our suggestions into consideration. This is my 12th year at Anime North and this is the busiest year in the dealers room ever AND this was the only year they widen it..So I don't know what happen o_o
Actually last year we just brushed close to 20k (19 something, basically 20k), this year again - 20k. So its not less people then last year. The cap was dropped because they felt they couldn't take on anymore then 20k at this time.

Dealers room was great when I went in Sunday afternoon. Lots of space to wander. I think the times people went to the room just altered more this year, or they stayed longer.

Not entirely sure - I spent most of my time in the Artists Alley and Crafters um, well its not a corner anymore...

Unread 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #70
Chibik3r0
Pants Pants Revolution

Something else I just remembered re-reading comments: Perkins.

AWFUL. We went in at 11:30pm Friday evening and they seemed completely unprepared despite being a 24 hour restaurant. When ordering, my friend asked for a "Cherry Coke" which they didn't stock, she hesitated for a brief moment while changing her drink order and the waiter snapped "If you aren't ready to order, I have other stuff to do."

Took us 20 minutes to get seated (keep in mind we were a group of 10 so that I can understand) 20 minutes to take our orders, 20 minutes to get our DRINKS, and then another 20 minutes to get our food. I think we ended up being there for at least 2 hours. The food was decent once we finally got it but the service was terrible.

My friends went back Saturday morning because they were staying in the Holiday Inn and had equally rude service.

Anime North :: Colossal Con :: SDCC
Chibik3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #71
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Just want to make a shout out to Jacks where I booked 20 for our 25+ meetup. They were great. It was a busy night for them and they still were super awesome, so kudos to them.

Unread 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #72
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hum, makes me kind of glad my boyfriend and I didn't end up going to Perkins after Nominoichi. We didn't quite know where it was and after a short search went "screw it, let's go to Milestones". Yam fries and strawberry lemonade. Mmmmmm.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #73
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

^Glad I skipped Breakfast as the food from the Ginko's (?) restaurant was fast, cheap and filling. I was tempted to do Perkins this year but glad I didn't.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #74
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I know a person in my cosplay group a couple of years back got really sick after eating eggs at that Perkins.

Seems hit or miss with them.

Unread 05-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #75
Kawaii_Omi
Cloaked Schemer [ VI ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Actually last year we just brushed close to 20k (19 something, basically 20k), this year again - 20k. So its not less people then last year. The cap was dropped because they felt they couldn't take on anymore then 20k at this time.
I know about the cap and I know why it was put in but I'm saying that it was more busy in the dealers room with the cap then without it on all 3 days. But I know one year, it was so busy, the staff only allowed a bunch of people in at a time cause the dealers were al;so complaining how packed it was.

Anime North 2014
Friday: Abbey Bominable (Monster High)
Saturday: Madeline Hatter (Ever After High)
Sunday: Dai Ji (DW7 Alt)

TF Con Canada
Friday:
Saturday: Jazz ( G1)

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Saturday:
Sunday:

Fan Expo
Sunday: Madeline Hatter ( Ever After High)

TF Con US
Friday:
Saturday:
Kawaii_Omi is offline   Reply With Quote