Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Closed Thread
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

2013 Anime North Photoshoot Locations

Deleted!

Anime North Reddit Community

Last edited by DireKitty : 01-05-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Unread 05-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Miliyah

2 cars drove through tcc6 during the 3 hours i was there lol. thats not much but thats all i can report :P
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliyah View Post
2 cars drove through tcc6 during the 3 hours i was there lol. thats not much but thats all i can report :P
Yeah that lane way should be blocked off as it is a safety hazard.... and annoying.

Unread 05-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Lacrymosa

I had my photoshoot at TCC 1 and thought it was a nice scenic location for the photoshootp but being behind trees I think a lot of people just didn't know it was there. I know they ha the list and locations on the schedule but I thought if we had been in a more open location, more photographers would have come.
Unread 05-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
rosie44442003
Just call me Rosie

Security tried to keep us from getting to tcc 5 for the doctor who shoot. Said we couldn't cross the road had to tell him several times we were going to a specific spot. And couldn't get around the other way.
Saturday-Leafa from Sword Art Online
Sunday-More Steampunk
Unread 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrymosa View Post
I had my photoshoot at TCC 1 and thought it was a nice scenic location for the photoshootp but being behind trees I think a lot of people just didn't know it was there. I know they ha the list and locations on the schedule but I thought if we had been in a more open location, more photographers would have come.
Yeah the majour issue with that spot is there isn't a good trail to take you right there. You end up accessing from the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie44442003 View Post
Security tried to keep us from getting to tcc 5 for the doctor who shoot. Said we couldn't cross the road had to tell him several times we were going to a specific spot. And couldn't get around the other way.
I saw them waving at people on Friday, no idea what the purpose of that was.... people were on both sides of the road anyways....

TCC security seems pretty random.

Unread 05-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Miliyah

perhaps the other side of teh TCC (facing the rad) can be used for smaller shoots?
or is that road for emergency veicles?
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
MDA
Destiny Productions

Southern entrance of the DT can work for photoshoots - have had two or three there previously, and it's nice and spacious, out of the sun which is good for those with heavy cosplays... only inconvenience is you go through the DT...

You get one car every once in a while - I saw none there the entire times I've had shoots there.

And there's also where the FF shoot was in 2011
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

We had the One Piece shoot at TCC4 and I think it would be GREAT is we could get it partially blocked off, because like you said, traffic is an issue and for bigger groups there just isn't a lot of space. (That being said we're also trying to find a better location for such a big group..but that's easier said than done)
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliyah View Post
perhaps the other side of teh TCC (facing the rad) can be used for smaller shoots?
or is that road for emergency veicles?
That i'm not sure of, however the back of the TCC could be used as well and thats open to walk through now, which is nice. Lets WAY more light into the TCC which is nice. Not the most obvious spot but can be floated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
Southern entrance of the DT can work for photoshoots - have had two or three there previously, and it's nice and spacious, out of the sun which is good for those with heavy cosplays... only inconvenience is you go through the DT...

You get one car every once in a while - I saw none there the entire times I've had shoots there.

And there's also where the FF shoot was in 2011
Trees are nice. Very nice. I think with the heat trees trump "BAM EASY TO FIND".
The FF shoots were um out those doors that are near the video rooms and volunteer desk yes? I think i'm going to have that as a spot next year. Trees are great. I think with two signs (one inside the DT) it should be a no brainer to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinosama View Post
We had the One Piece shoot at TCC4 and I think it would be GREAT is we could get it partially blocked off, because like you said, traffic is an issue and for bigger groups there just isn't a lot of space. (That being said we're also trying to find a better location for such a big group..but that's easier said than done)
Yeah definitely.

It does seem like One Piece has outgrown that spot. It was cramped this year.

Unread 05-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

This year we asked people to vote for the location and they picked the same one as always...so next year we think we'll just choose for the group because although the location is nice, we need a place that accommodates the large group. (Possibly TTC3)
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

TCC2 is a great location but this year I noticed that there were parked cars there. It was ok for the video game photoshoot because we were small but not good for larger ones. Would be fine if the cars weren't there, also we were causing a mini traffic jam with photographers there because everyone cuts across there (but in turn grabbed more for the photoshoot).

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
TCC2 is a great location but this year I noticed that there were parked cars there. It was ok for the video game photoshoot because we were small but not good for larger ones. Would be fine if the cars weren't there, also we were causing a mini traffic jam with photographers there because everyone cuts across there (but in turn grabbed more for the photoshoot).
I don't mind the mini traffic jam there as people can take the longer way around. The shoots along the TCC wall however (like the loading bay areas) were too much. I do like shoots in locations like that as most people want to be noticed.

Unread 05-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
section8
Madness, I say

The Naruto and Avatar photoshoots at the old TCC1 were great. Lots of space to spread out. Maybe reserve it for the largest shoots, where being out of the way is a good thing.
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
Miliyah

ttc6 would definitely be fine for smaller shoots.
sides, theres a building and a tree for some change in photographic scenery LOL