Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #151
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@Superbee: Yay! I'm glad that worked out for you!! I think the only tricky part about the dress is the feathers I think lol. But you can do it!!~ I can't wait to see pics.
Me too, I'll post pictures when I am not so lazy/remember.... I agree the feathers will be the worst of it. I am going to see if I can get a um... free stitching attachment for my sewing machine so that I don't have to stitch by hand. In my mind I think if I stitch veins in the feathers with say a light blue thread or something (maybe a light grey) it would look really neat! Would be a pain in the rear but might be worth it.

Also on the Auron front, my brother would like to say that he is re-working his Auron sword that I made him, to strengthen it. And that he wants to come with more swords attached to his back in a harness of some sort. (he's too lazy to make an account) *let's just hope he doesn't bust his arm again so that I don't have to make it. I got enough to do!*

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #152
MDA
Destiny Productions

CosplayCanada won't be doing Seifer anymore - he'll wait for us to do our Sorceress group to have it - which means I'll still have to make it, just not next year XD

And no more Kefka for me due to time, lack of enthusiasm, etc.

I'll see if I can make another FF character or bring Kuja back. Kuja is unlikely at the moment since he's on temporary retirement for fixing and I have a lot of things to work on.

If I can't get another FF one done, then I'll probably bring either something from Kingdom Hearts or if I can... G.I. Joe (since that may be done for EMC)
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #153
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
If I can't get another FF one done, then I'll probably bring either something from Kingdom Hearts or if I can... G.I. Joe (since that may be done for EMC)
Slightly off topic but.... What to you know of EMC 2013? Was not impressed with it last year and since it is so close to me...might try again?

-Giant Gastly
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #154
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@SuperBee: You went to EMC? nice, I didn't know that we lived around close to the same area. Sigh... That con... It's only like, 15-20 minutes away from where I live. But everything that I hear about just isn't for me. ^^;; So I never bothered to ever go to it. Friend CosplayCanada went to there last year, and now MDA will be going for the first time next year... I feel like I should also check it out, just because.. Buuut.. Gah... It's no Con-G lol. I'd rather save those big monies for Con-G and heck, Anime North. XD

Cosplay changes again!~ No more Esper Terra, I'm still going to be making her soon though! As for what I'll wear for Friday now... It'll be an FF cosplay of some sort lol.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #155
Nefer
Silver fox

...I'm slow at updating, sorry everyone! So alright, all the first page cosplay list has been updated! If there are any changes or mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me! ^_^

Otherwise... MeganKaro, I can't wait to see your cosplay! That armor...*.*
And SuperBee, congrat on the tiara! One thing less to do, whoot!

...and same as Liana here for friday, some FF cosplay of some sort, still to be decided exactly what though lol. ...I still haven't decided 100% what I'll bring to GAnime so...even less for AN now that we have a entire 'free' day xD

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #156
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@SuperBee: You went to EMC? nice, I didn't know that we lived around close to the same area. Sigh... That con... It's only like, 15-20 minutes away from where I live. But everything that I hear about just isn't for me. ^^;; So I never bothered to ever go to it. Friend CosplayCanada went to there last year, and now MDA will be going for the first time next year... I feel like I should also check it out, just because.. Buuut.. Gah... It's no Con-G lol. I'd rather save those big monies for Con-G and heck, Anime North. XD

Cosplay changes again!~ No more Esper Terra, I'm still going to be making her soon though! As for what I'll wear for Friday now... It'll be an FF cosplay of some sort lol.
Yes, went to EMC. It was ehhhhh. Don't know if I will go next year. My bro and I honestly felt like the only ones who cosplayed all 3 days. I think they took on too much. Was very very sloppy.

No progress on Yuna. Just the tiara... don't know how the feather system will work yet or how I will do it. I need to draw some sketches... It's bad that I am more excited to do Yuna when I have another one I need to finish first.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #157
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Slightly off topic but.... What to you know of EMC 2013? Was not impressed with it last year and since it is so close to me...might try again?
I got invited to go by CosplayCanada. He's been a guest there the last couple years I think, and he asked me if I wanted to go with him as his +1.

From what I've seen on the Facebook group for it, some people are trying to figure out their cosplays for it. I'm semi-decided cause I wanna take Final Form Xemnas and Grell... the third might be GI Joe, and it might not be. Will see.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #158
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
I got invited to go by CosplayCanada. He's been a guest there the last couple years I think, and he asked me if I wanted to go with him as his +1.

From what I've seen on the Facebook group for it, some people are trying to figure out their cosplays for it. I'm semi-decided cause I wanna take Final Form Xemnas and Grell... the third might be GI Joe, and it might not be. Will see.
Well if you are going then I can be sure that someone will be cosplaying (haha) yes might go... might not, we'll see the venue, schedule, any improvements from last year...

-Giant Gastly
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #159
KuroiAisu

Re: EMC I certainly hope there will be improvements from last year :/ Hopefully they really listened to the feedback thread. I also live really close and I was really disappointed :<

So far I'm just drafting patterns and collecting material for my Blank cosplay. I'm currently working out and dropping weight fast so there's no point in sewing anything this far in advance.
However it seems FFIX might just take over AN Since we now have a Freya and Beatrix with us.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #160
MDA
Destiny Productions

EMC: I don't know what it was like in year's past, but I'm hoping for a fun time I'm offering shoots for this con, partly as something to do. As I don't know how much time I'll be able to hang with CosplayCanada, unless he wants me to join in on panels :P But I don't know

I'm still waiting for a confirmation from my parents that I can go since it's the weekend between my dad and sister's birthdays, and that's usually when we have the joint celebration. I'm hoping they'll be willing to either A) postpone it, or B) have it earlier. I just wonder about room arrangements mostly >> since I think my friend might be the only one in the room that I'll know, and with me being in a relationship, could be awkward to share a bed with him. Iunno, got time at least.

Ultimecia : I've been working out a pattern for my wings the last couple of days. Trying to make them so that they're easy to store when I'm not taking them to a convention, but still bad ass. It's the rigging to keep them on though that I'm having issues with. Only thing I can think of is straps that sit under the dress.

I'm very torn about what to replace Kefka with for the Friday. All of this FFIX talk makes me want to bring back Kuja. But he's kinda shoved into a bin right now for storage (finally, he has a home for when he's not being worn). And I need to redo the neck armour - the current neck armour is sitting in one of my display cabinets as I got Scott McNeil to sign it at Otakuthon last month

It'll either be I bring back Kuja (with repairs), or bring Cloud of Darkness (III), Relm (VI)?, Child Emperor (II) -maybe-, or Kingdom Hearts. Maybe even Joes... like GI Joe.... I have time...

But I know finally, next week, I'll be working on Cloud of Darkness again

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #161
*x*TOBIUME*x*

Hoping to have summoner Yuna done for this.

Stella Loussier- Gundam Seed Destiny
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
*x*TOBIUME*x* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #162
MDA
Destiny Productions

Put me down tentatively for Cloud of Darkness for Friday.... it's not 100%.
But I may bring her if I like her enough

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #163
Merino
Magical Girl

Ordered supplies for my elliptical cage today! I am so excited to make Garnets dress!
Unread 09-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #164
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I have found boots similar to what I am looking for but I am cursed with huge feet and no size will fit me! I am not sure I want to attempt boot covers because frankly... I don't know how.

Here's another dilemma I have: I have seem reference pictures of yuna with and without a weapon. Sooo which is more accurate.. with or without? Also I am tweaking the dress a bit because I found some rhinestone hot fixes on sale! Added glitter isn't always a bad thing right? Next step, get fabric!

-Giant Gastly
Unread 09-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #165
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@TOBIUME: Good luck with Yuna!!!! Summoner Yuna is my fav~

@MDA: okie dokie Friday! I hope I can get pics of that version you are doing lol!

@Merino: Ohh!! that is awesome!!! *happy dance* I'm excited to see that dress, and it's always exciting to start buying the first things for it too, I always find that very motivating.

@SuperBee: OHH GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT! You may be in luck with the boots, if you look closer in reference pictures of wedding Yuna, you'll see that she doesn't wear boots after all!! :O It's actually just like normal dress shoes with a small heel, and knee high stockings on. Will save yourself money and stress lol.

As for the weapon, I think it is more accurate without, ESPECIALLY if you end up making the long veil! cause when she wears it, she is only holding flowers. ^^ Actually, even without the veil, she is still holding her staff less time than without lol. I'd say don't worry about the staff, unless you want to make it.~ and YAY!! GLITTER!~ that and rinestones will be so pretty!

Last edited by Liliana : 09-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote