Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #211
Nefer
Silver fox

@SuperBee: ....yuuuppp! *headdesk* Personally I only bought all the material/fabric for Sephiroth, but...that's it ^^; Reusing wig and contact lenses though...and friday secret FF cosplay for the photoshoot I only have the contact lenses for @_@ After Con-G shall be the time to start them! *throws fist in the air trying to get motivated*

@uzuki54: Nice progress on Daryl so far! ^^ The gloves fit in color from what I can tell ^_^...and congrat on finding boots your size lol, I know the dilemna of finding shoes at thrift stores...size 6 to 9 are just too popular, it's no good when you wear 10-11 O_o

@KuroiAisu: Added! Will be an interesting version of him to see, I don't think I ever saw any in person actually O.O

@Wenora: Added! Can't wait to see Hein O.O (even if I haven't played the game yet, blame not having a DS...but heard 'good' things about the character from Liliana lol).

Otherwise, Poll closing in 4 days! So far I guess we'll keep 3 photoshoot, one each day... Also, since I can't make a poll for that (next one shall be about the times)...
Where should the photoshoots be? (Location wise).
Of course we'll have to do with the official locations when they're available, but it will give an idea around where to go ^^
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24359255/Ph...ta2%20copy.jpg

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)

Last edited by Nefer : 02-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #212
KuroiAisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenora View Post
Finally decided what to do and glad that it's Final Fantasy.

Saturday - Hein from FF3 but using the concept art from FFXIV
Don't know what day yet - Bard from FFXIV
OMG HEIN?! I can't wait to see that.

Also your doll in your icon is cute ;3; Which one is he?
I got my first one at AN in 2007 *A* he was a Yi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post

@KuroiAisu: Added! Will be an interesting version of him to see, I don't think I ever saw any in person actually O.O
I haven't seen one before either *A* I'm so excited to do this.

I've just found the perfect wig for both him and Blank *A* I found the perfect patterned leather and fishnet for Gilgamesh too. I just finished drafting the arms and figuring out the jointing mechanics. I want to be able to adjust it so I don't want to go slapping people in crowded areas.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #213
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
@SuperBee: ....yuuuppp! *headdesk* Personally I only bought all the material/fabric for Sephiroth, but...that's it ^^; Reusing wig and contact lenses though...and friday secret FF cosplay for the photoshoot I only have the contact lenses for @_@ After Con-G shall be the time to start them! *throws fist in the air trying to get motivated*
I started! Well just making the feathers http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3334042/ . Spent too much on Con-G cosplay material today that I won't start the fabric part..... for a while... So that won't be ready in time for con-G... oh well. Would have been nice...

Any-who I am liking this feather method. Not only is it more durable, it is bendable making the back wings super easy to make. Yay!

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #214
Wenora
The Musical Mage

@Nefer: I actually started the game when I bought it but never finished it. Now restarting it again since I forgot where I left off or what I was doing.

@KuroiAisu: I got him last year at AN too, think it's Ling.

Blog: http://wenora.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wenor...57531264268612
DA: http://prishe2win.deviantart.com/
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #215
Nefer
Silver fox

Alright, sorry if it's only a quick post, I'll answer more...later lol *Rosa papermaché glue is still in used, must be quick xD*

Photoshoots locations possible for 2013:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24359255/Ph...ta2%20copy.jpg

TCC2 and TCC3 are the ones providing the most space, and DT2 is the one where the 2011 photoshoot was SUPPOSED to be held (aka NOT the parking lot like it was, hopefully there will be more indications this year).

So yup, please say which location you prefer on the map please! Also, starting January 7th I'll change the poll (if possible...) to the possible times.

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)

Last edited by Nefer : 02-13-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #216
uzuki54

TCC1 or 3 look easy enough to find (I'm surprisingly good at getting lost). I'll say TCC1 since I think it's the closer of the two to my hotel.

@KuroiAisu: Totally looking forward to seeing Gilgamesh (any version). Blank is an awesome choice too.

Ai-Kon

Cosplays in progress

Female Red Mage (FF1)

Team Rocket Grunt/or Phantom Renegade
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #217
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I was going to say A looks dangerous, then realized that my headache is really bad.

TCC1

-Giant Gastly
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #218
Nefer
Silver fox

New links to see 'real life' pictures of the available photoshoot locations (yes, I had fun with google map and photoshop lol)
Info here:
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...74&postcount=1

Otherwise...continue voting! Thanks uzuki54 and SuperBee for already saying what they prefered btw, that was quick!
I'll be compiling the votes on the first post btw, since I can't have more than one poll at a time.

...and better late than never...
@KuroiAisu: Nice! And have fun making the armor with joints, it's indeed not very practical not been able to move your arms around when in crowded areas like the dealer room ^^;

@SuperBee: O.O Wow...love your feathers! I was planning on using wire for Sephiroth's ones, it's nice to know it actually works! Thanks for showing your progress!

@Wenora: Awww...ya getting back in the game after a while of not touching it sometimes takes longer than just restarting it so ^^;

...and now to go work on either Rosa or Setzer...guess I should work on the later first as he needs to be masquerade-quality for ConG...and I don't want dearest Celes to knock me down with her flower bouquet if I don't do my best on him xD *stares at Liliana's dress progress while Setzer is barely started* ...AN FF cosplays will be started after those two are done x'D

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:

Last edited by Nefer : 02-13-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 01-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #219
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Sorry for all your hard work Nefer.... but that map is outdated. The only locations from that map that I think will be around will be TCC 1,3 and DT 1 and DT 2. TCC is basically blocking off the front of the TCC. Since they had ropes at the front last year I don't want people encountering any other oddities the TCC may put in place.

I'm waiting on indoor locations from another staffer, when I get those details i'll be able to pin down some more spots and then wrangle about outdoor locations some more. It sucks, I was hoping to have details on stuff by now but i'm playing a waiting game.

@SuperBee - A is where the Inital D photoshoot is

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #220
Nefer
Silver fox

Ah I see, thank you for the update DireKitty! MDA told me that the new map was available yesterday night so I went with that and updated the info. Then again so far it's TCC1 and TCC3 the best choices, the ones in front of the TCC were too small anyway. But thanks, I'll update and take off the other locations then!

...and indoors sounds nice, though I wonder if there's enough space for bigger photoshoots without getting in people's way...that's when I wish the DT still had that indoor garden/chinese door whatnot they used to have downstair in 2008...oh well! Good luck with the 'waiting game', hopefully they'll give you updates before April!

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #221
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
@SuperBee - A is where the Inital D photoshoot is
Well how about that?! Fun game: snap a picture before a car hits ya.

Bro also says TCC1

And Thanks Nefer. Duct tape and wire solve all of life's problems!

-Giant Gastly
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #222
Nefer
Silver fox

@SuperBee: Ya, that and hot glue is a cosplayer's best friend lol.

Alright I'm asking for this poll to be closed in the Site Headquarters forum, since apparently even though it's ended the new fixes didn't do anything about that, so I can't remove or change it myself O_o I shall add the new one about the times whenever I can, sorry for the delays everyone!

On that...nothing new on my part lol.
Keep voting for the location though! Since I can't have 2 polls ^^;
Info on the first post for the choices, aka here:
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...74&postcount=1

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:

Last edited by Nefer : 01-07-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #223
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

Wow, been too long since I've posted ANYTHING on the web. I missed a lot here!

@Uzuki: wow yes, you are coming a very long ways to get to Toronto! O.O I didn't even know where Ignace was until I google maped it! I love the progress you've made on Darill, I think it looks very good! The coat is perfect for her.

@Wenora: HEIN!!! AHH! *fans* Love the character! I was all giddy when the FF 14 artwork came out for him! That is awesome you are doing that! I must see it in person!

@Superbee: WOW! they are duct tape!? They look very good! O.O I would never have known from the pics, I'm excited for that cosplay.

@Nefer: Hahaha, Celes won't knock you over with the flowers! Promise! But Emperor might with his horns.. By accident. xP Or with wings lol.

I'm figuring out other Final Fantasy cosplays for the Friday if my other one I am making quitely doesn't get finished in time... Like Celes, or Minwu. 8P But we'll see lol. Once my cosplays for Con-G are done (which will be soon) I'll start on the ones for AN right away.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #224
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
Wow, been too long since I've posted ANYTHING on the web. I missed a lot here!

@Superbee: WOW! they are duct tape!? They look very good! O.O I would never have known from the pics, I'm excited for that cosplay.

I'm figuring out other Final Fantasy cosplays for the Friday if my other one I am making quitely doesn't get finished in time... Like Celes, or Minwu. 8P But we'll see lol. Once my cosplays for Con-G are done (which will be soon) I'll start on the ones for AN right away.
Yes... I thought you were ignoring me

And Yes to the duct tape which is a pain because I will need more (I have stopped to get some progress on Con-G stuffs) and it's a specific white but there are two types of white and the white that I want is hard to find...

And Ditto.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #225
KuroiAisu

I also vote for TCC1 :3
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote