Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #256
Nefer
Silver fox

Thanks for the update DireKitty! So far for the FF shoots TCC1 is winning, but I'll still update the choices just in case

@Liliana: ...why is everyone wanting to eat my resin gems? You're the 3rd one telling me that xD ...maybe I should make candy-shape ones just for for the lolz next... x'D

...and ConG next week, so no progress on AN FF cosplays, will make some afterward ^^;

Last update...I think the poll about the days is still running even though it ended, what the...There was only 12 votes when it ended, and now it's at 17, wow go coscom and poll bugs xD

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)

Last edited by Nefer : 02-13-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #257
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Thanks for the update DireKitty! So far for the FF shoots TCC1 is winning, but I'll still update the choices just in case

@Liliana: ...why is everyone wanting to eat my resin gems? You're the 3rd one telling me that xD ...maybe I should make candy-shape ones just for for the lolz next... x'D

...and ConG next week, so no progress on AN FF cosplays, will make some afterward ^^;

Last update...I think the poll about the days is still running even though it ended, what the...There was only 12 votes when it ended, and now it's at 17, wow go coscom and poll bugs xD

Ummm.... I want to get into resin stuffs. What should I know about resin??

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #258
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:

aaaannnnd I added another spot.

That's the final beta, just waiting on confirmation of the spots before I run with them. TCC is currently having some hall(s) renovated causing slowness in finding a spot indoors for us. Looks like we will have at least 1 space in a carpeted alcove thats been built, but nothings set in stone. I won't know details until possibly April. Either way its too small for a FF group bursting at the seams.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #259
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Ummm.... I want to get into resin stuffs. What should I know about resin??
Well, I'll show you with a tutorial if you allow me a day or something since I've been asked a couple of time at GAnime about one and on msn, I have all the pics taken but I'm busy with Con-G cosplays so making the tutorial is only possible inbetween coats of paint on Setzer's coat lining lol. ...I'm seeing squares everywhereeeee @_@ stupid lining... *headdesk*
EDIT: DONE! Here you go!
http://yamanekodemon.deviantart.com/...253A1360792942

@DireKitty: Alright! ...so now TCC2 is winning xD I'll go change the names of the result in the first post accordingly to that new map lol. But awww, no more orange spot...it was interesting looking...for smaller photoshoots but still ^^; I kinda like the DT3 though, never thought of that place before O.O

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)

Last edited by Nefer : 02-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #260
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Well, I'll show you with a tutorial if you allow me a day or something since I've been asked a couple of time at GAnime about one and on msn, I have all the pics taken but I'm busy with Con-G cosplays so making the tutorial is only possible inbetween coats of paint on Setzer's coat lining lol. ...I'm seeing squares everywhereeeee @_@ stupid lining... *headdesk*
EDIT: DONE! Here you go!
http://yamanekodemon.deviantart.com/...253A1360792942

@DireKitty: Alright! ...so now TCC2 is winning xD I'll go change the names of the result in the first post accordingly to that new map lol. But awww, no more orange spot...it was interesting looking...for smaller photoshoots but still ^^; I kinda like the DT3 though, never thought of that place before O.O
It was actually the Double Tree that suggested that back spot, they thought it would be a nice spot for people to go to as there's a lot of space and some trees.

I like that its away from the con crowds, but not actually 'far'. Really easy to find (can just go down that street or if you are in the DT you can leave through the back) and is big and open, has some trees for background.

Do you think the orange spot would have been better then the TCC 1 spot?

Unread 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #261
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Do you think the orange spot would have been better then the TCC 1 spot?
Well, the TCC1 spot is a bit bigger, but look-wise they're quite similar... TCC1 may be bigger, but it has chains you need to jump/step over if you want the 'trees-spot', and a hill behind said spot if you go around that isn't useful for bigger cosplays...it really depends on the type of photoshoot I guess though. I know for FF last year some cosplayers couldn't go on the hills with the limitation of their cosplays, so we had to take pics seperatly of them.

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #262
VampirePickle
Because I naughty naughty

Hey there guys~ I thought I'd add to this considering I'll be doing FF this year! (yaaaay)
On Friday I sadly won't be doing FF, but I'll be Noel on Saturday for sure! I'm still debating who to be on Sunday but its between Serah or Yuna~ I really do love the games and its my first time cosplaying any FF game so I'm especially excited! haha
Multiple RWBY characters /Planned/
Hilda (LOZ Link Between Worlds) /planned/
VampirePickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #263
Nickle4aPickle

Hello all! I might be doing Summoner Yuna this year! I bought the costume last year at AN, so that saved me a ton of sewing, but the costume still needs work (dip-dying the sleeves, painting the accurate colors in the obi and skirt, etc), plus I need to make all the accessories and get and style a wig.
When I bought the costume, my plan was to wear it this year, but I don't know if I'll have the time. ><

Question: What kind of paint would you guys recommend for painting over... silk-screened(?) designs on stiffer fabric? (Sorry if that description is horrible. D: I'm bad with fabric names! I can take a couple of photos if that would help!)

Oh, also! My friend Mamie will be bringing her Quitis, but I'm not sure what day(s) she plans on wearing it~

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #264
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I will be emailing out asking for locations/days/times for the big shoots this weekend.

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #265
Lacrymosa

I'm going as Penelo (FF12) XD. Kind of re-using the cosplay but I love it so much
Lacrymosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #266
Shuda

I've been to AN 2012 Saturday (was my first Con) and I will be participating all weekend this time around!

I'll definitely be cosplaying Zack Fair (Final Fantasy 7) for either 1 or 2 days. Haven't decided if I'm going with Friday/Sunday or just the Saturday yet. I plan to attend the photoshoot on the day I am however, if I may.
Shuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #267
Nickle4aPickle

Small progress with my Yuna! I just ordered her necklace. XD

EEE I'M SO EXCITED FOR AN THIS YEAR~

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #268
Nefer
Silver fox

Gah, sorry for the slow updates everyone! I had to get to ConG this weekend (aka left thursday afternoon and came back late monday night), and I'm kinda...10 hours away from that con ^^;;;

So ok, updating the cosplay list now!

@Direkitty: Cool! Haven't receive anything yet, but I think everyone was busy this weekend lol. Ours so far is in the first post anyway ^^

@Lacrymosa: Reusing cosplays can be great, you can update them and there's far lesss stress of finishing the cosplay in time lol.

@Shuda: Nice, more FF7! (though technically I'm not cosplaying from FF7 but Dissidia 012 x'D).

@Nickle4aPickle: WHOOT! I'm getting excited too, though right now I'm in that 'tired but hyper to start a AN cosplay' mood. And paint wise, I'd say with go with acrylic paint with a fabric medium (like the Liquitex one), or use SoSoft fabric paint (it's 'softer' and becomes less stiff than the Pebeo brand, and it's about $1.50 per bottle, always a bonus lol).

On my part, I think I'll bring Rosa (ff4) the friday evening of AN for the photoshoot, since I couldn't finish her in time for ConG (all accessories are done, but not the shirt and waist scarves, so it would be a bit indecent to wear her like that xD).
Sephiroth and her will be the cosplays I'll be working on first, maybe tomorrow as I need a day off to 'reset my brain' from all the car driving/train tavel/car travel I did yesterday lol.
Setzer will be on hold maybe for thursday night or sunday if I can't finish my other cosplay in time, just gotta add velcros to his scarves so he's quicker to put on, and reglue the details on his boots with superglue for pleather just to be extra sure. ...maybe add more beads to his hair and repaint my scars a bit darker, and maybe remake the knee part of his boots...seriously nothing big to retouch, will take like a day to do so lol.

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:

Last edited by Nefer : 02-26-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #269
Lacrymosa

I have to fix her staff though, it took a beating at the last convention I took it to, along with the hair clips. And need to get started on her weird shoes, I didn't make them before because I ran out of time, but they look complicated.

But yeah I may re-use a kingdom hearts cosplay next year (though that has nothing to do with this thread), cause the keyblade is awesome and I liked walking around with it. And maybe one day if I finally finish Vanille's antler staff thingy I may bring her back too, but it's so hard and I have no time.

And I feel so lonely being the only FF12 cosplayer so far. Though I think they same thing happened when I first wore the outfit, cause FF13 had been released before AN so everyone was cosplaying those characters, so many Hope's lol

Last edited by Lacrymosa : 02-26-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Lacrymosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #270
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Friday @ TCC @ 7pm
Saturday @ TCC 2 @ 1pm
Sunday @ TCC 2 @ 1pm

Is that right?