Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #286
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrypokey View Post
I plan to go as next year for final fantasy character I well be Caius Ballad from final fantasy 13-2 and my brother will go as Genesis Rhapsodos.
Ah, nice! As in, Anime North 2014? If so, I'll keep your cosplays in mind for when AN2013 is over so I can add you to the 2014 list ^^ Awesome cosplay choices though! I love both characters, great designs too Next year I only have Firion from FF2/Dissidia sadly, but I'll still organise the shoots and host them, I'll take pictures and shout instead of posing ^_~ ...2015 I have Minerva though...that shall be fun to make (more like fun to find a place where to STORE it xD).

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #287
strawberrypokey

Yes I be them from anime north 2014 I wish I can do them this year but of the time limit so I be starting to make them right after anime north so I got more time. Yes thanks I wanted to choose something challenge to make so I chose caius. Cool firion is awesome awesome a photoshoot!!! Lol yes it be fun to make Minerva XD ya storing well be a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Ah, nice! As in, Anime North 2014? If so, I'll keep your cosplays in mind for when AN2013 is over so I can add you to the 2014 list ^^ Awesome cosplay choices though! I love both characters, great designs too Next year I only have Firion from FF2/Dissidia sadly, but I'll still organise the shoots and host them, I'll take pictures and shout instead of posing ^_~ ...2015 I have Minerva though...that shall be fun to make (more like fun to find a place where to STORE it xD).

-Rogue from X-Men (Friday)

-Rogue from X-Men (Saturday)

-Pegasus from sailor moon (Sunday)
strawberrypokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #288
LadyYuYu

I'll be cosplaying as Serah (Final Fantasy 13-2 default outfit) on Saturday, and Summoner Yuna on Sunday c:
LadyYuYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #289
MDA
Destiny Productions

Finally got started on Kuja. He'll be fast to make since I have the one I did last year as a reference point. Battle damaged is gonna be fun :3

And Ultimecia's feathers and wigs are ordered I think I'll start to her after Kuja's dealt with. Grell I'll get back to... he won't take much time :P
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #290
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
Finally got started on Kuja. He'll be fast to make since I have the one I did last year as a reference point. Battle damaged is gonna be fun :3

And Ultimecia's feathers and wigs are ordered I think I'll start to her after Kuja's dealt with. Grell I'll get back to... he won't take much time :P
Rolling down a hill! Rolling down a hill!!!

I might get Yuna's fabric this weekend That would be major progress ha!

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #291
Declineage

I'm seifer all weekend. I will be there.
Declineage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #292
MDA
Destiny Productions

Oh I intend to roll down a hill xD I intend to film it too!
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #293
Cyrennia
In ur FF, casting Protect

Hi guys! Sorry, it's been ages since I've been on coscom... *shame* -_-

There've been some changes to my AN plans, sorry to say. I'm on a tight deadline with my next book so I've had to drop a few plans.

I will only be cosplaying Final Fantasy on Saturday this year. I know, shocking. I'll be (hopefully) bringing my new Vanille cosplay from FFXIII.

My 6yo is undecided atm. She wants to do Zidane or Rinoa but I don't know if I'll have time this year, so we'll see.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
Sunday: Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron)
--
Author of INK, YA series set in Japan: www.AmandaSunBooks.com
Cyrennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #294
MDA
Destiny Productions

Got an update from Fallen Sephiros~
He'd do it himself but his internet's been down for a couple weeks, but he got a hold of me earlier and asked if I could post in his stead:

Friday they are for sure doing Final Fantasy I with their daughter as Princess Serah, him as a Red Mage, and his wife as a White Mage

Saturday they are going to do Final Fantasy V as Dancer Bartz, Dancer Faris, and dressing their daughter as Dancer Lenna. With the brother-in-law as Red Mage Bartz, his sister as Amano Captain Faris, and their daughter as Sprite Lenna.

Sunday they decided Locke and Setzer, with their daughter as Celes. Their brother-in-law will be Kefka (OMG SHORT KEFKA! He's like... 4'8"?), his sister will be Terra, and their daughter as Relm!

---

And for my own update:
Kuja might be finished this week! Just need to make straps and buckles for the skirt & done. Boots are done. Jacket is 80% done. Feather is shredded (different feather from last year). And the shirt I still have to make. Reusing last year's wig.

Two weeks on battle damaged. Sounds right

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #295
Nickle4aPickle

Update! I got my Yuna necklace... last week, I think? Still, yays, a (small) step forward. XD
Also, I'd be up for either Friday or Saturday (more likely Friday, though). ^__^

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #296
Nefer
Silver fox

Everything has been updated...

@Nickle4aPickle: Oh, Yuna's necklace... O.O Did you order it online like on ebay whatnot? Her necklace is seriously awesome, personally I'm thinking about buying it just to wear it normally even though I'll probably never cosplay Yuna x'D

...and Rosa is on her way to finally be done after starting buying fabric for her last summer and planning since february 2012. ^^ Still sad I couldn't bring her at ConG but at least now her shirt is basically DONE, meaning she's decent to wear for AN, whoot xD ...next shall be Sephiroth, but ConG taught me something...do one cosplay at a time so you at least have one completly finish ^^;

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #297
Nickle4aPickle

Yep, eBay. XD Pic!

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #298
KuroiAisu

Gilgamesh update! I just ordered my 6 foot piece of tanned hide and tooling tools. Since I didn't like the patterned leather after all. I'm probably going to hate myself by the time I'm done tooling and painting it.

I also just bought my wigs and styrene for the weapons. I can't start actual construction of the clothing parts until may because of the gym/surgeries, healing time and all that. Blank would be really hard to take in or adjust if my body changes.

I'm currently having trouble deciding on a color for a body suit. Since I'll need to make the extra arms for Gilgamesh out of it. Does anyone think my skin tone would be a lightly toasted almond or a toasted almond?
me:http://media.tumblr.com/72ba2c5c6b77...0cn1qz4rgp.jpg
suit: http://www.shadesofdance.org/products_a.php

Last edited by KuroiAisu : 03-17-2013 at 06:24 PM.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #299
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle4aPickle View Post
Yep, eBay. XD Pic!
Lol, awesome xD

@KuroiAisu: Uh...I'd be tempted to say lightly toasted almond, but it depends on the screen's gama setting and all so it may not be that at all... @_@ ...personally I always use cheap pantyhose for 'faking skin', and use white fabric underneath to get the same shade as my skin (uh ya, I'm pale lol), but you could probably use darker fabric if necessary, at least panthyhose you can actually see in real life if it's the good color or not before buying ^^; But worst case scenario, you can always paint (fabric paint) your bodysuit once installed on the arms to get the perfect skin tone.

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Unread 03-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #300
Scoti
Lv. 99

Most likely bringing Trance Zidane. I pray for no rain that weekend :/