Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #376
teabeforecoffee

@Cyrennia @MDA - Thankyou!!
Can't wait for the finished product - the outfit is going to be bright orange (comparable to the in game Garnet rather than the cover art version)

@SuperBee - you got this!! Can't wait to see it when you do finish
teabeforecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #377
Nickle4aPickle

Finally got around to dying my sleeves today! They're drying right now, but I shall pics later! ^__^

EDIT: NNNNOOOOO ALL THE COLOR WASHED OUT OF MY SLEEVES! ;A;

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?

Last edited by Nickle4aPickle : 05-02-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #378
Synn4000

Yay! Tonberry costume is complete! Just working on the accessories. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Synn4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #379
Nickle4aPickle

TONBERRY YAY! I must get a pic with you and my plushie! 8D

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #380
Synn4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle4aPickle View Post
TONBERRY YAY! I must get a pic with you and my plushie! 8D
Certainly! =) If not right at the FF Photoshoot, I am there all weekend =)
Synn4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #381
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabeforecoffee View Post
@Cyrennia @MDA - Thankyou!!
Can't wait for the finished product - the outfit is going to be bright orange (comparable to the in game Garnet rather than the cover art version)

@SuperBee - you got this!! Can't wait to see it when you do finish
Thanks... I managed to drag myself out of the house to get fabric. A lovely satin... and a pattern.... First time I will be using one of those... yep....

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #382
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle4aPickle View Post
Finally got around to dying my sleeves today! They're drying right now, but I shall pics later! ^__^

EDIT: NNNNOOOOO ALL THE COLOR WASHED OUT OF MY SLEEVES! ;A;
If you're dip dyeing with polyester try ironing the dipped part after they have hung up to dry. I know there's a thread on here that explains dying synthetics very well (and she was doing Yuna)
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #383
teabeforecoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Thanks... I managed to drag myself out of the house to get fabric. A lovely satin... and a pattern.... First time I will be using one of those... yep....
I've overheard your situation over the past while .. However .. you should be proud of the effort you are making because you are trying your hardest! What ever you accomplish will be beautiful
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #384
KuroiAisu

;^; I don't think Gilgamesh will be done in time :C I'll still have Blank though.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #385
MDA
Destiny Productions

I looked at Kuja today... he's finished... but.... I'm just not happy enough with him to take him to Anime North. It's not something I'd want to show off at a convention... he's just not... how I wanted him. At ALL! Far from...

So no FF cosplay for Saturday, and I'll be Rydia on Sunday instead.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART

Last edited by MDA : 05-06-2013 at 08:16 PM.
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #386
teabeforecoffee

@KuroiAisu: Awe that's okay!! I will still get a photo with Blank and we will be FF9'ers together!

In further news! I got my brown contacts in! I was concerned because:
1. I have never worn contacts (however, consequently they are very comfortable)
2. My eyes are green/blue and, ultimately, light (however, the brown contacts hide everything!)

Check them out! - Princess Garnet is almost ready to show!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Olivia-Contacts-001.jpg (22.6 KB, 0 views)
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #387
teabeforecoffee

(feeling immediate guilt) @MDA (completely missed replying to you!): That's okay! Perhaps next year you will perfect your work to a level you're happy with Though I am sure it was already amazing! Cosplay is art, so take all the time you need to make a masterpiece!
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #388
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3381297/ I have stitched a dress, but I need to add the liner. Started attaching the feathers first because I am hoping that the liner will hide the edge of the feathers. I don't know if I will have time to add hot fixes as originally planned. I need to get more duct tape for both Yuna and Dodo, and continue to make feathers. And finish my mask of never ending....

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #389
Nefer
Silver fox

After more than a week not posting here... (I updated the list meanwhile with the PM I received on the AN teahouse forum though.)

@bin_rand: Never saw your warrior Rikku, so I can't wait to see it ^^ It looks amazing in your costume gallery, you make an awesome Rikku!

@chexlleim: Well, at least you started Kain, so you can finish him for next year or whatnot, will take off some stress for the convention you'll wear him at since you won't have to start all over again ^^

@teabeforecoffee: Oh wow, your Garnet pendant looks great! ...and to tell you the truth, personally I prefer the version you're making (orange FTW!) over the yellow version, so I can't wait to see it ^_~ ...oh, and welcome to the "why do you want BROWN contacts, you have blue eyes!!!" club x'D ...go cosplay lol.

@Nickle4aPickle: ...polyester is a jerk, that's all I have to say about it... *glares at Sephiroth's scarf that had to be hand gradient painted since the same thing happened to it*

@Synn4000: Congrat on finishing your cosplay!

@KuroiAisu: Awww...well at least you still have a cosplay to bring. and Blank is as rarely done as Gilgamesh too ^^

@MDA: Awww...hope I'll be able to see it someday nevertheless! ...even if it's just at next ConG at your place or something lol. Rydia has been noted!

@SuperBee: Your dress looks good so far! Can't wait to see your cosplay now! Oh and...I also heard about your 'situation' when reading other threads, and let me tell you this...going to a con actually helps changing what's on your mind a bit even for just a weekend, I lived the same thing back when I was making WoL for AN11, it's good to boost up your moral a bit too. So keep it up girl, I'm sure you'll amaze everyone with your fabulous cosplay at AN!

...and now on my part.... My cosplays are finally confirmed, so it's going to be Rosa, Setzer and Ike (SSBB not FF I know lol), more than likely in that order unless I arrive too late the friday or it's too warm to wear Setzer an entire day. The last two only need minor fixing (remake the gold part of Setzer's boots which got destroyed in the locker and retouch Ike's boots mostly).
Rosa...well, the shirt of evil incarnated only needs velcro on the 'red pleather part' to hold the armor and then I can FINALLY make the gold jewels thingies at the front! Then the belts, which are cut and are in the making right now, and the scarves and knee armor (jewel already made for it), so nothing big left! I am super happy right now, so much less stress than usual for Anime North, WHOOT!

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #390
MDA
Destiny Productions

@teabeforecoffe - I made Dissidia Kuja last year and he turned out great. Part of my problem I think for this one was my fabric choices. This is the first costume I've made where I've been so unhappy with it. All my others I'm thrilled with how they turned out. Kuja, Xemnas, Rydia, Vincent... but this version of Kuja no.

@Nefer - yeah you'll see him someday xD And Rydia's a bit more comfortable to wear home anyway :P though might take all the capes off for the ride.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote