Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #61
chexlleim
I am CANADIAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-more-thread View Post
If a group apears, I'll happily join as Rydia or if needed, I'll try my hands at crossplay and do an Edge.
i just saw this now! YES you must go as Rydia!

chexlleim is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #62
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chexlleim View Post
i just saw this now! YES you must go as Rydia!
lol i guess it depends on when/if this all happenes. But i'll try
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #63
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I'm now thinking of doing a mix of foam and felt.... Though I don't trust foam entirely... it can tear easily from my experience.
You can always add a layer of fabric hotglued to the back of the foam, it will help the foam with not tearing out (I did that with the gold part of the chest armor for WoL, it didn't tear at all even though it's the place that endures the most bending/stretching).

And gahhhh, that 'not sure yet almost sure cosplay' is giving me nightmares, I'm tired of dreaming of MAKING the stupid thing! ...yes making, not wearing, making -_-;

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #64
chexlleim
I am CANADIAN!

Quote:
lol i guess it depends on when/if this all happenes. But i'll try
Ah I forgot to read the post after that says you won't be attending
But if your still interested in FF4 ill be at Fan Expo on the Saturday as Kain

Unread 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #65
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
i hope to see pcitures! but ill probably be attending FX on sunday, and I wont be wearing Rydia. Id love to see your Kain though!
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #66
Fallen Sephiros
Sephiroth Fanboy

All plans for Final Fantasy are definite now.

You can add my wife and I to Final Fantasy VI.
I will be Locke, and she'll be doing her first crossplay as Setzer Gabbiani

Also, we're going to do Final Fantasy V (my favourite FF - we did her favourite this year -FFIV-)
So you can expect Bartz Klauser (not sure what version I'll make at the moment, I'm thinking either Amano or Dancer) and Faris Sherwiz (my wife will either be Captain Faris or Princess Faris)

Con-G, Anime Detour, Anime Boston, and Anime North were awesome! Ad-Astra is iffy...

*Cutting back on cons for 2012 to have more proper family time*
Fallen Sephiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #67
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
You can always add a layer of fabric hotglued to the back of the foam, it will help the foam with not tearing out (I did that with the gold part of the chest armor for WoL, it didn't tear at all even though it's the place that endures the most bending/stretching).

And gahhhh, that 'not sure yet almost sure cosplay' is giving me nightmares, I'm tired of dreaming of MAKING the stupid thing! ...yes making, not wearing, making -_-;
Hot glue always seems to be the answer for everything eh? We'll see. I want to sew the "feathers" on the bottom of the dress.... I feel more confident having them sewn rather than glued.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #68
chexlleim
I am CANADIAN!

Quote:
i hope to see pcitures! but ill probably be attending FX on sunday, and I wont be wearing Rydia. Id love to see your Kain though!
Yes I will get some friends to take pictures yet i'm still planning it out. Hot Glue FTW. And maybe next year if you do get to go we'll take pictures of both

As for Fan Expo, last year we made the mistake of going on Sunday and hardly ANYONE was in costume. I was so disappointed.

@SuperBee
I think it'd much more durable with the hot glue and fabric idea. It'd make it more durable, but then again it does depend on how you end up sewing on the feathers

Last edited by chexlleim : 06-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 06-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #69
jennifafa

Serah's Summoner's Garb DLC outfit from Final Fantasy 13-2!
jennifafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #70
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Hot glue always seems to be the answer for everything eh? We'll see. I want to sew the "feathers" on the bottom of the dress.... I feel more confident having them sewn rather than glued.
Uh well yes, sewing is better on the dress for adding the feathers to it, I meant gluing for the fabric behind each feather lol. ...preferably white fabric obviously, like cheap cotton or whatever you may have laying around ^^. You can sew the backing but you'll have a sewing line appearing on each feathers so... Just don't glue where you plan on sewing (like leave a border/line without glue) otherwise you'll need to wash your needles quite a lot because of the glue it will need to go through ^^; ...I hope I make sense now lol. Just pretty much a backing to each feather in fabric, fabric been cut the same shape as the craft foam then glued to each of them, will keep them from tearing apart.

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #71
Cyrennia
In ur FF, casting Protect

Quote:
*jaw drops* Kain! O_O Maybe I need to go to Fan Expo and break out my Rosa cosplay. I'd love to get pictures together! Let's discuss further on FX thread or PM! ^_^ (although wish Rydia was there too! ♥)

A FFIV group at some point would be so fun. For now, please go ahead and put me down for Rinoa for the Saturday, and my daughter as Chibi Selphie on the Saturday, Chibi Zidane on Sunday. I'll know in January if that's going to happen or not. ^^

I'm still thinking about picking up my dropped Vanille project, since I have most supplies. I'm kind of tempted to make a Yeul cosplay, but maybe I'm too tall for Yeul. Still want to do Noel at some point, or maybe Gau. Sigh. *indecisive*
Sunday: Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron)
--
Author of INK, YA series set in Japan: www.AmandaSunBooks.com
Cyrennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #72
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Uh well yes, sewing is better on the dress for adding the feathers to it, I meant gluing for the fabric behind each feather lol. ...preferably white fabric obviously, like cheap cotton or whatever you may have laying around ^^. You can sew the backing but you'll have a sewing line appearing on each feathers so... Just don't glue where you plan on sewing (like leave a border/line without glue) otherwise you'll need to wash your needles quite a lot because of the glue it will need to go through ^^; ...I hope I make sense now lol. Just pretty much a backing to each feather in fabric, fabric been cut the same shape as the craft foam then glued to each of them, will keep them from tearing apart.
I'll think about it.. it's been really bugging me. I might use foam on the bottom and felt for the first 2. Also I have seen in reference pictures that there aren't feathers in the back but one lady made one with feathers in the back so I am going to do that.... more work but hopefully will look better in the end. As for the tiara, I am making it. I am pro with wire crafting so I think I can make one.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #73
miyatree
chocobo hunter extreme.

I said I was doing Penelo (12) and my friend was doing Balthier. Looks like that plan is being shipped back a couple years. Sigh. Let's just say it wasn't my decision. -_-;;
Anime North 2014: Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan)

warfiend
Anime North 2014: Masrur (Magi)
Anime North 2014: Rivaille (Attack on Titan)
miyatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #74
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyatree View Post
I said I was doing Penelo (12) and my friend was doing Balthier. Looks like that plan is being shipped back a couple years. Sigh. Let's just say it wasn't my decision. -_-;;
Aww At least you'll still get to do her at some point - so at least there's that.
I was looking forward to see your Penelo.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #75
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Cyrennia: Aww, don't let height stop ya from cosplaying her, I think you'd be a really cute Yeul! Besides, I cosplayed Cid from FF IV who is a dwarf soo.... http://www.cosplay.com/costume/406081/ yeah XD
It'd be also cool if you picked back up on Vanille though! I can't wait to do FF IV too!! it would be soooo much fun! FF IV groups are not seen enough. D8 WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN RIGHT?! I'm glad you have cosplay intrest in FF VIII btw! ^_^

@jennifafa: I'm glad that more people are doing Serahs other outfits from XIII-2!! That will be very lovely!~

@SuperBee: Much luck!~ ^_^ Gahhhh I wish I had some of your wire crafting skills lol. When will you start making your Yuna cosplay? O.O I'm still... not quite decided with mine yet. xD

@miyatree: Awww... I'm sorry about that! I was looking forward to your cosplays... But hey.. a few years back is ok, it happens. Someday you'll cosplay as Penelo!~ ^^
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote