Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #76
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@SuperBee: Much luck!~ ^_^ Gahhhh I wish I had some of your wire crafting skills lol. When will you start making your Yuna cosplay? O.O I'm still... not quite decided with mine yet. xD
Haven't started yet. Started looking at fabric though, for best prices and what type etc... Anyone have a shop suggestion that has decent prices?

Future Cosplays!

Giant Diglett
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #77
chexlleim
I am CANADIAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrennia View Post
*jaw drops* Kain! O_O Maybe I need to go to Fan Expo and break out my Rosa cosplay. I'd love to get pictures together! Let's discuss further on FX thread or PM! ^_^ (although wish Rydia was there too! ♥)
Ha yes that would be lovely. My Rosa may not go though, as I said before she kinda bailed on me last minute like. We had the whole FF13 group too. =( But yes as for AN I will go as Kain.

chexlleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #78
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Haven't started yet. Started looking at fabric though, for best prices and what type etc... Anyone have a shop suggestion that has decent prices?
I'd say try Fabricland and the such, but look at the what I like to call 'backstore fabrics', aka the wall with fabrics for $2/meter and the one with $3/meter. Here it's usually at the back of the store, and there's a LOT of different type of fabric there (it's litterally a wall), I even saw some velvet and suede for $3/meter yesterday (granted I didn't need it in blue so I didn't buy any, but still!). You also have the coupons bin with buy 1 piece get 2 free and pay for the most expensive one. Best thing to do is to go see them once in a while, as they always add fabrics to it. I got my Rosa cape fabric for $2/meter instead of its normal $13/meter yesterday (well at Club Tissus, but Fabricville aka Fabricland in Ontatio has the same kind of deals, they just don't show the original price unlike the other store). Hope that helps! ...because otherwise I can't help more, I live in Quebec, not Ontario so it's not the same stores apart from Fabricville/Fabricland ^^;.

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #79
KuroiAisu

I will be there as Blank along with a friend dressed as zidane from FF9.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #80
Merino
Bucket Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiAisu View Post
I will be there as Blank
=O

This makes me want to bring my Ruby back as well. YAY FFIX
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #81
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
I'd say try Fabricland and the such, but look at the what I like to call 'backstore fabrics', aka the wall with fabrics for $2/meter and the one with $3/meter. Here it's usually at the back of the store, and there's a LOT of different type of fabric there (it's litterally a wall), I even saw some velvet and suede for $3/meter yesterday (granted I didn't need it in blue so I didn't buy any, but still!). You also have the coupons bin with buy 1 piece get 2 free and pay for the most expensive one. Best thing to do is to go see them once in a while, as they always add fabrics to it. I got my Rosa cape fabric for $2/meter instead of its normal $13/meter yesterday (well at Club Tissus, but Fabricville aka Fabricland in Ontatio has the same kind of deals, they just don't show the original price unlike the other store). Hope that helps! ...because otherwise I can't help more, I live in Quebec, not Ontario so it's not the same stores apart from Fabricville/Fabricland ^^;.
Thanks, there is only 1 Fabricland in the area that I can think of. At lens I found some possible prices ranging from 3.99-6.99. The local Asian store has satin for 4.99. Yes it is flowy but it's too shiny I think. I will have a look at fabricland sometime.

Future Cosplays!

Giant Diglett
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #82
KuroiAisu

=O! you should! Actually me and a friend are trying to get all of Tantulus together, we could use a Ruby <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merino View Post
=O

This makes me want to bring my Ruby back as well. YAY FFIX
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #83
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Cyrennia: YAY Rinoa and Selphie!!! Come join the sorceresses with our personal Seifer (aka CosplayCanada xD)

@KuroiAisu: B-B-B-B-BLANK???? :O I love him! (he's on my cosplay-to-do-list >>) So much love for FFIX~! GAH I love that game x3

--

Update for my cosplay, I bought two of the cape fabrics for Kefka! Gotta have him ready for Con-G, and I want him to be perfect! Thank you Amano and Dissidia for making me want to do crazy ass details -_-

Kefka... why do you have the craziest design of all the FF villains??? Even worse than Kuja ><

2013 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #84
Merino
Bucket Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiAisu View Post
=O! you should! Actually me and a friend are trying to get all of Tantulus together, we could use a Ruby <3
I like this plan very much!
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #85
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@MDA: You forgot about Exdeath~ :X And Gilgamesh lol. You'll be fine! Kefka is actually easier than you think, I think it's mainly the colors that scare everyone away from making him. Cause there is so much of it!~ You'll be a walking rainbow at Con-G, You'll dazzle Celes with your colors before Setzer does with all his sweet talks. lol. XD *pokes Nefer* XDDD

@KuroiAisu: Sweet! Awesome that your gonna be cosplaying him! More love for Blank!~ Btw! I also see in your sig that you'll be Kefka too. 8D What day will you be bringing him? Or was there a change of plans? I love that villain a lot~
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #86
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

I've been working on a Celes (FF6) costume off and on for a few years now. Determined to finally finish it now that I don't have any other costumes on the go. :P
So if I'm able to make it next year I'll hopefully be Celes. Not sure what days. It depends on what my boyfriend wants to dress up as. If I can, I'll convince him to be Locke.
So I guess add me to the list.

~Attentea~

Working on:
Celes (FF6), FOnewearl (PSO)

Future Cosplays:
Ralts (pokemon), Bellossom (pokemon)

Attentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #87
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Liliana: Yeah, but I was thinking in terms of characters that don't have armour or crazy weapons. Kefka's... Kefka xD

I gotta start those capes - turns out, I can use the red suiting I bought a number of months ago for the outside of the main cape Yay saving cost!

2013 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #88
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@MDA: You forgot about Exdeath~ :X And Gilgamesh lol. You'll be fine! Kefka is actually easier than you think, I think it's mainly the colors that scare everyone away from making him. Cause there is so much of it!~ You'll be a walking rainbow at Con-G, You'll dazzle Celes with your colors before Setzer does with all his sweet talks. lol. XD *pokes Nefer* XDDD
Yes, I shall sweep you off your feet with my sweet talking! x'D *pokes back Liliana*

@Attentea: Awesome for Celes, I can't wait to see your cosplay if you manage to finish it to your liking in time! ^^

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #89
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Sorted some plans out~ Our Crystal Chronicle cosplays will definitely be on Saturday by the look of things~ And comfy costume, means I can take pictures too!! I know there'll be tons of group photos, but if anyone wants solo pics at the photoshoot, I can snap a few if you're interested with a beginner photographer. At least that way you won't have to hunt down any through the forums or facebook? I'll see if enough people are interested~

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #90
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@MDA: Uh ok. XD And grats for your cape fabric btw!

@HylianKnight: I am SO looking forward to your CC cosplays! O____O I've been having a cosplay itch to do that series myself suddenly. But I'm holding myself back, until I FINALLY buy that FF game and play it. XD Then I will lol.

@Nefer: Oh gosh *dies laughing*
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote