Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
animeperson223
Do The Windy Thing

Pokemon Trainer Red Cosplay?

Hi! My name's Kat, and I cosplay yearly at Metrocon. I usually order all of my stuff offline, but unfortunately, I will not be able to do that this year. I want to cosplay Pokemon Trainer Red. I want to make his Jacket/Vest thing, but I'm not sure how. I can get my hands on any materials I will need, and I have a sewing machine. xD Can you guys help me with this? Like..... a step by step thing? I know it's tedious, but I really would like some help with this. c:
Picture reference: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...6q29o1_500.png
I'm thankful for any help I can get
animeperson223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Aneko-chan

Here's a pretty easy way to do it:

*Get one red shirt, one white shirt, and a plain red baseball hat (You can find them at Michaels and Jo Anns, and make sure the shirts are the same size)

*Cut the sleeves off of both of the shirts and cut the front of the red shirt in the middle

*Sew the white sleeves onto the red shirt and sew the front of the shirt (now a jacket) so that the two sides have a clean hem

*To make the pockets, the white line on the bottom of the jacket and the collar; you can use the rest of the white shirt. Just make a pattern with paper until you're happy with the size and everything

*For the white square on the hat, you can still use the white shirt; just cut the size that works and sew it on

I hope this helps, this is what I did to make my Ash cosplay and I'm gonna do it again for my own Red Cosplay ^ ^
Aneko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
PokemonLover0

I did a cosplay as red, i just bought a red truckers hat made the patch for the emblem on it, took 2 dress shirts cut them up and mashed them together, and a black sleeveless, wore that, jeans and red converse =/ most of outfit is fairly straightforward lolz the shirt is painful, oh and make sure you get gloves! and maybe a pokeball...
PokemonLover0 is offline   Reply With Quote