Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Tutorials

Unread 05-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
XxMai-chanxX
Momo

Exclamation Poses for the following characters

I've never done a photo shoot for cosplay ever! I kinda need advice on how to pose and stuff. The reason why I'm asking for help is because I've never been photogenic. I loathe taking pictures because my family badgers a lot for photos. But recently I've been starting to like it more, but I'm still in that irritated area of taking pictures. I know shouldn't be like that, but I think I'll grow out of it as time progresses.
Anyway, I know all these characters attitudes and behavior, but I am new at posing/ I suck, so I have no idea what a good pose for the character would be. Plus, when I pose I feel weird and unnatural and a little exposed and insecure. Anway, here's the list of characters I need help posing for.

-Ciel Phantomhive
-Hannah Annafeloz
-Stocking Anarchy
-Izaya Orihara
-Italy
-Minene Uryu
XxMai-chanxX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Entrekin
Bentpic5

I would suggest searching Google, Cosplay.com, and DeviantArt for pictures of cosplayers, art, and fan art to try and mimic from those results.

Usually art from the show has their signature pose as well as different facial expressions they are known for. Find a few poses you like then practice in front of a body length mirror so you can see exactly what someone else sees when they take your picture. It does help discoverer where your wig might show hair or unflattering angles.

Message me for Photoshoot scheduling and information for any con I am attending.
Upcoming 2014 Schedule: Katsucon - Momocon - Seishuncon - Dragon*Con - AWA
Entrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
ajisaiareku
~Sewing Maniaz

For Ciel he is the lord of the estate so never look sluggish. For him I usually have my back straight, shoulder posed squared, and face slightly turned up sicne that was how gentlemen posed then.
For Hannah it's quite the opposite, she was the servent so you want more demur poses: hands clasped, looking down or away from the camera.
Also I know it sounds silly but one way I learned to pose for both photos and cons is practicing in front of a mirror. There you can see what is flattering to you and after doing the pose a couple of times you grow accustomed to it for when there's no mirror
Fuu: Final Armor - MKR
Lolita Captain America
Other Cons 2012:
Holiday Matsuri

Last edited by ajisaiareku : 05-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.
ajisaiareku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
XxMai-chanxX
Momo

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!
XxMai-chanxX is offline   Reply With Quote