Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
A.Swallowtail
Psycho Mantis

Ewww >.< That would take sooo longgg if you sewed by hand...
Bahahaha yeah dollar stores can be quite awesome ... perhaps Value Village or something like that too would have a stash of feathers somewhere lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
It's over 9000!
LOL
A.Swallowtail is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
darth_horo
This is my scary face

My friend has started on his from what I understand. I won't be doing mine until probably July as I have to take an exam at the end of June because I deferred it back in april due to work complications.

In the meantime, I'm looking at what to swap out for my next cosplays. I want to steer away from the EVA foam as it is flexible, but creases very easily depending on how heavy you are with your movements/poses (I did a lot which banged the hell out of certain parts of the costume!). I'm looking into using Resin/Plastics for the next ones.

I'm also looking at the Metal Gear Rising cosplay a little deeper - that is to say, browsing the RPF quite diligently - to find how I'd be able to do the visor as seen in the MGR: Revengeance Trailer (where it closes over his face). I need to find a visor material that is tinted as well.

The raiden cosplay may be difficult, so I'm not going to make any promises. But I do have a year, and I am an engineer sooo....

Fan Expo 2013:
First Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Anime North Cosplay 2014:
First Costume: Dark Angel's Space Marine - Warhammer 40k: 0%
Second Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Quote:
"To me guardsmen, to me! This is your last stand! No doubts, NO FEAR." - Commissar Lord Bernn
darth_horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
shinigami714
Illustrator

Not started yet other than planning.

I have another cosplay to make for FanExpo before I start on AN's. After August though, I'll be starting it for sure.
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Swallowtail View Post
Well I know I'm going to better the cosplay I did this year as it wasn't even 100% completed :3 But I'll be working on my KOS MOS v.1 outfit some more but I also wanted to do another. Problem is I have too many ideas >.< I was considering Midna's true form from Zelda, Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile, or even something simple like Bad Launch from Dragon Ball~ XD
COSPLAY LENNETH. DO IT DO IT DO IT.

I'm starting my Lady Tyrael cosplay next week. I'm gonna need a bunch of time to make that armor. Lol.

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Since I'm wearing next AN's cosplays at Con-G first, I'm in active planning mode for both. Quorra's getting started in July, and I'll probably start properly on Twilight Sparkle in October. But I'm keeping a look out for a lavender short-sleeved blouse in thrift shops or dark blue just-past-shoulder-length wigs on sale in the meanwhile.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #21
Midli
DJ Midli

I have started planning it, And given i plan on cosplaying big macintosh at an 2013 and Bronycon in one month..yes im hugely working on my cosplay :P
Midli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
A.Swallowtail
Psycho Mantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_horo View Post
I'm also looking at the Metal Gear Rising cosplay a little deeper - that is to say, browsing the RPF quite diligently - to find how I'd be able to do the visor as seen in the MGR: Revengeance Trailer (where it closes over his face). I need to find a visor material that is tinted as well.

The raiden cosplay may be difficult, so I'm not going to make any promises. But I do have a year, and I am an engineer sooo....
RAIDEN YES Doooooo itttt it would be amaaaazing XD Especially if you could actually get the visor to move O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKitty View Post
COSPLAY LENNETH. DO IT DO IT DO IT.
She does look awesome...and I was looking at more pictures of her... Now I've got a problem. Midna or Lenneth? They would both be fun and challenging lol. I could always try to do both if I started early... maybe lol
KOS MOS v.1 [Xenosaga] - 80%
Midna True Form [The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess] - 0%
Lenneth [Valkyrie Profile] - 0%
A.Swallowtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #23
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

This is a no as I need to finish my FanExpo and Con-G cosplays first.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Leeah

I've at least decided what I plan to do ^^ not sure when I'll get to it though~
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
strawberrypokey

i start planing mines now me and group of my friends are planning to do a hellsing group and i being Integra Hellsing and i still think for my second cosplay still

-Rogue from X-Men (Friday)

-Rogue from X-Men (Saturday)

-Pegasus from sailor moon (Sunday)
strawberrypokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
geK0
Seen Some Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliyah View Post
i can only imagine the conversations people will have with you if you're still going to go around pokemon battling :P
I'm not sure I'll be doing that next year because I only got two challenges (one pokemon, one rock paper scissors) also, I'm not sure the new mod will allow another thread like that, it's not cosplay related : \ (and teahouse forums are so empty that threads from 2010 are still front-page in some sections, so it's not even worth the effort to post there).

but yes the conversations; "what level are your pokemon?" "OVER 90!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OT:
As long as we're talking about future cosplays;I am going to be using PVC or polystyrene board for the armour, does anybody know where I can buy that? I figured home depot might, but I can't find them on the website.

Last edited by geK0 : 05-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
geK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #27
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Mwhahaha Excellent! Love peer pressure eh? I got pressured into making Yuna's wedding dress... Does anyone know where to get a large amount of feathers AND how to attach them to the dress...?
I would use felt/foam and not real feathers. It's cheaper, less mess, less smell and easier to get a uniform look without feathers getting easily damaged.
If you insist on real feathers, turkey feathers are larger. You usually end up having to cut feathers though as they don't have nice tips.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #28
Miliyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by geK0 View Post
I'm not sure I'll be doing that next year because I only got two challenges (one pokemon, one rock paper scissors) also, I'm not sure the new mod will allow another thread like that, it's not cosplay related : \ (and teahouse forums are so empty that threads from 2010 are still front-page in some sections, so it's not even worth the effort to post there).

but yes the conversations; "what level are your pokemon?" "OVER 90!!!!!!!!!!!!"
officiak forums are getting an update, so hopefully traffic goes back there D
Unread 05-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #29
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I wanted to challenge you but I only saw you on Sunday AND I had my hands full

On topic:

I want to make a skull prop for Hex. The skull is somewhat transparent. How can I achieve this? Is resin the only answer and if so how bad does it smell? I cannot use smelly stuff due to health reasons.

DireKitty: I want to use something that makes it look like real feathers. I agree that foam and felt are cheaper but can they give enough of an illusion to real feathers?

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
geK0
Seen Some Shit

Quote:
I wanted to challenge you but I only saw you on Sunday AND I had my hands full
That's all right, I understand that not everyone is able to get their friends to wait for them for 10-20 minutes while they stop for a pokebattle x P
Maybe next year I can arrange a "micro-tourny " at a specific time and place.
Oh, and I saw your gyrados briefly, thought it was pretty epic.

OT:
Also thinking of joining in on my friend's pokemon group... I don't see why they feel the need to do a different cosplay for each day of the con though : \ but if I joined them, I was going to do a Coffing gajinka (complete with foam head of course)

Last edited by geK0 : 05-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
geK0 is offline   Reply With Quote