Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #91
Rhapsados
Real Life Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
WELP! I am going to try and throw together a Magical Girl Madoka cosplay for the Saturday!~
Problem though!
I dont know where to buy a wig to get here on time! Does anyone know a good place where I can get one?
Also the shoes and socks owo
Any advice would be great! =D
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/5-780.jpg
I got my Madoka shoes from Bodyline and both shipping options would arrive in time for the con (the faster one took 4 days to Oakville, I'm pretty sure the longer one is an estimated 1 1/2 weeks.) They usually only have the smaller sized shoes in stock though. (I'm a 7 1/2 and size 235 on their site, but usually there's nothing above 245 or 8 1/2 in stock)

Or you could go to Payless as kristen89 and alter them. Although Madoka's bows are actually attached to her shoes, mine aren't.

I made my own socks out of stretchy satin, which works fine for me, although they're really...smooth...they don't exactly feel like socks haha

My wig is from cosmonde and although the price is a bit high (it's on par with Arda's prices) the quality is stunning and it's pre-styled. I did pay for faster shipping though, and it came within 4 days.

If you're just starting, good luck! Only a few more weeks to AN...I'm not even done all my cosplays yet ahhh this happens every year lol

Unread 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #92
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
I use Half-baked too when I'm home getting ready! if I'm going to a con, I don't like to bring my big palettes (I have it in the Naked 2) so I use a pigment I have from Elf/RB Cosmetics... at home I use the matte brown from the Naked 2 palette for the crease, but at a con I double up my contour from my guy characters (NYX Powder Blush in Taupe) as that color... sometimes I'll put a bit of a darker shade on the outer part of the crease if I'm feeling more of a bold Mami look XP
I got a single pan of Half Baked in the old formula on sale so I depotted it for am freestyle palettes I bring to cons/trips. I loved the Naked 2 as well being for fair skinned.

If I don't finish Nehelenia on time I'm not panicked yet as I planning on bringer her to AN next year as well. But yes 20 days to get everything done woot!!!!

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #93
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

slowly getting through my cosplay XD
Thank you everyone for your replys =D

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #94
x0xmx0x

Kyouko is done, I just need to attach the soul gem to a chain, and take in the side of the duster since I lost weight! lol! Problem is I have been debating making the spear or not? I've never made a prop like that before so I don't even know where to start when it comes to making one. I wonder if I should even bother?
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #95
sailormoonfan14

Woot! I've gotten both my wigs, and am starting sewing this week I'm actually giving myself more time than normal before a con haha
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #96
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Hoping to have my Madoka bow mostly done by the end of Monday, since I have a few days off. I was originally going to use PVC pipe, but I was concerned about weakness in the joints where the gems are, so I'm going to make it out of oak, likely with some paperclay details. Wish me luck.

Our group's Sayaka, Mami and Kyouko are pretty far along; our Homura and I are probably the farthest behind, partially because our Homura has been really busy between work and helping the rest of us. She's also been casting our gems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0xmx0x View Post
Kyouko is done, I just need to attach the soul gem to a chain, and take in the side of the duster since I lost weight! lol! Problem is I have been debating making the spear or not? I've never made a prop like that before so I don't even know where to start when it comes to making one. I wonder if I should even bother?
The Kyouko in my group will be working on her spear at my place this weekend, so we should have more progress photos by then. Here's what we've got so far.

Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #97
x0xmx0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Hoping to have my Madoka bow mostly done by the end of Monday, since I have a few days off. I was originally going to use PVC pipe, but I was concerned about weakness in the joints where the gems are, so I'm going to make it out of oak, likely with some paperclay details. Wish me luck.

Our group's Sayaka, Mami and Kyouko are pretty far along; our Homura and I are probably the farthest behind, partially because our Homura has been really busy between work and helping the rest of us. She's also been casting our gems.

The Kyouko in my group will be working on her spear at my place this weekend, so we should have more progress photos by then. Here's what we've got so far.

Goodness! You're group is going to be so amazing! I don't have those sorts of tools to working with though, so I'm hoping maybe I can come up with something out of cardboard maybe? x.x
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #98
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Got started on Madoka's bow again, after scrapping the PVC pipe idea.

Our Kyoko also came over to work on her spear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0xmx0x View Post
Goodness! You're group is going to be so amazing! I don't have those sorts of tools to working with though, so I'm hoping maybe I can come up with something out of cardboard maybe? x.x
Thanks! I know our methods won't be easy to mimic if you don't have access to a workshop, but you won't need much more than foamboard (Michael's or other craft stores) for the exterior, maybe some pink foam on the inside for structure (Home Depot), and a pole (Home Depot, look in the plumbing section and ask for a PVC pipe; just make sure you figure out how big you want it to be beforehand, and they can cut it for you ).
Angathol is evolving!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Last edited by Angathol : 05-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #99
Anaira

Wow Angathol your group's progress is amazing. And that workshop is super impressive!

I've been very slowly making progress...About 30~40% done the top and 60% done the mask construction now. Still need to gesso, sand and paint it after that. Anime North is coming up way too fast!
Anime North 2014
ColossalCon 2014
Anime Expo 2014
Fan Expo 2014
Anaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #100
HareyuNanami

Alright guys I need lots of help
like LOTS!!!
I was wondering if I could borrow/buy someones Madoka wig for the Saturday!! TwT
I was originally borrowing it from someone but they might be wearing it the Saturday now and its a week to the convention so there is no way I could order one in time!
I would really REALLY appreciate it!!! T_T My cosplay is almost done and I don't have time/money to make anything else in time TwT

UPDATE!
I HAVE ACQUIRED A WIG! =D

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube

Last edited by HareyuNanami : 05-18-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #101
sailormoonfan14

Everyone ready? My madoka cosplay kinda fell through, but i will still be hosting the shoots! Friday i'll be in Sakuras school uniform from ccs, saturday i decided to be punny and i will be madoka in a maid costume, aka maidoka. Hope to see everyone out there!
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #102
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormoonfan14 View Post
Everyone ready?
ahaha... ha...

topcoat on my bow is drying in my garage, have to finish the bodice, attach sleeves and bows to dress, do bias tape around the skirt petals and attach the mini gems.

sobbb
Angathol is evolving!
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #103
sailormoonfan14

Good luck! I had to give up madoka because i ran out of money to do the details i wanted. I'm sure your group will look fab
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #104
HareyuNanami

I am still going crazy with the Madoka gloves!
the LAST thing I need to finish and it just wont work!! TwT

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #105
AmuletCross

the photoshoot was so much fun~ it was the first photoshoot that i was actually part of, it was amazing =w=
Sunday: AKB0048 Group cosplay as Tonomi

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rinrindesuu
AmuletCross is offline   Reply With Quote