Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 07-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #16
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Is the Catalog out yet? Anyone want to share the cost of one with me? I'm only looking to get the pages with Johnny's circles.

I'll for sure be going on whatever day is girls comic day. I haven't decided if I will cosplay or not though. My cosplays are not summer friendly. Maybe Fate/Stay Zero Irisviel for a bit but I won't last long in the longs sleeves, long wig, and boots.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Kittzi

I'm also a fellow UK-traveller, travelling from Thailand this time to Japan ^^ I think my cosplays will be DebutVers!Otoya, Ouroboros!Tiger and Saber from Fate/zero (Her battle version without the armour and sword as I can't carry all of that ;u
Does anyone have information about TFT? Like opening times and admission fees?
I'm going to go to Comiket for All of Friday and Saturday (with Maybe TFT if Comiket is too mind boggling XD) And probably pop in Comiket for only a while on sunday then go to TFT for the rest of the day ^^
If anyone has facebook, please add me so I can meet people ahaha XD (Facebook url: /cos.kittz )~
Kittzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Tsumanne
History Nerd

New cosplay info update came out this week. Seems there are some renovations being done at Tokyo Big Site so the changing rooms have been moved... again. Always an adventure.

2012.07.20 コミックマーケット82からの主な変更点

女子更衣室の場所が移動しました。
東京ビッグサイト会議棟の改修工事終了に伴い女子更衣室の場所が、会議棟1階レセプションホールに移動しま した。
男子更衣室の場所が移動しました。
東京ビッグサイト会議棟の改修工事終了に伴い男子更衣室の場所が、会議棟6階に移動しました。

"The women's changing room has been moved to the first floor reception hall". Your guess is as good as mine. Good luck and good hunting.
"The men's changing room has been moved to the 6th Floor". Pretty sure that's the spot up all the escalators near the main entrance.

Event Calendar:
Comic Market 87 - Tokyo, Japan: December
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
Tsumanne
History Nerd

Catalog
The catalog should be out, but I'm not in Japan right now. "Girl's day" is typically the first day though. Apparently the new CD-Rom version is really nice. Seems it has a circle search feature that makes life easier.

Tokyo Fashion Town: Tonaride Cosplay
TFT is right across the street from Comiket so it's very easy to do both in one day, especially Sunday. The events are quite different from one another. Comiket is a doujinshi market that also has cosplay while TFT is a cosplay only event. So very different environments/experiences.

TFT is held on the same dates as Comiket. Well, actually TFT has cosplay events all the time, but the biggest events are the "Next to Comiket cosplay" days.

Cosplayer entry fee: Y2,000. Non-cosplayer (cameraman) entry fee: Y2,500
10 Aug: 11:00~20:00
11 Aug: 10:00~20:00
12 Aug: 10:00~19:00

Event Calendar:

Last edited by Tsumanne : 07-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Unread 07-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #20
Sarmander
Tsun~ Tsun~

Oh, I had no idea that's what the TFT event was! =O

Gosh...I hope there are other cosplay events going on there during August. T__T Like, when I'm actually in Tokyo! *headdesk*
Sarmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
Tsumanne
History Nerd

If your Japanese is up to it (or can get help) this is a very user friendly nation wide cosplay event calendar. It's only flaw is that sometimes events get posted late. Like the TFT Tonaride Cosplay event isn't listed yet for some reason. Just check the dates you'll be in Tokyo and see if anything is going on. Heck, check for where ever you are at the moment, might get lucky.
http://ja.curecos.com/event/

Archives has a more comprehensive list, but is more difficult to navigate.
http://www.cosp.jp/event_place_list.aspx

Event Calendar:
Unread 07-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #22
Shockro
The Slack is Back

Going on Sunday as a male Shounen!Rainbow Dash. Hopefully some japanese MLP fans come out and see me, if not I'll still enjoy myself cosplaying a character I love!

Looking forward to it, just Sunday this year do to actually working these days, haha!

Time to commemorate my first Natsucomi while actually living in Japan for a long run!
Shockro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #23
pinapplegum
Laughter is contagious :)

ARMAGAD MLP FTW!!! One day I want to make Pinkie Pie's Grand Galloping Gala outfit!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0312933&type=3
pinapplegum is offline   Reply With Quote