Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 06-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

A-Kon 2012: Feedback Thread

This thread is for posting your thoughts/opinions on A-Kon 2012!

From your experience this year, what were the pros and cons? What were the highlights and lowlights? Would you return again next year?

Also, you can discuss the particulars of the convention, such as the events, panels, masquerade, dances, etc., as well as what you thought about the con and hotel staff, the hotel, convention space, food, dealer's room, attendees, and whatever else pertaining to this year's A-Kon.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

The only real problem I had with A-Kon this year around, was the Rave. It took SO long to get in, and some people didn't even manage to get in after all their waiting and wasting time.

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Frosty~RLF

My biggest issue with the con this year was just how unbelievably crowded it was. I couldn't enjoy what the convention had to offer because of how hard it was to move around or just stay in one place for a moment. I'm super curious to see how the new venue next year turns out!
Frosty~RLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Takura
Wheres my Chips?!?

It was ok, definitely not my best A-Kon. I think I spent more time in the hotel room than out and about like I usually am. I didnt even get into my cosplay this year.

Next Conventions:
Dallas Comic Con
DragonCon

XBOX Live: xxTakuraxx
PSN: xxTakuraxx
Takura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

Better than 2011, I think! Guests were definitely better. Got to finally meet Vic. However, I was upset that I didn't get to attend his panel because the staff didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. I ended up missing the panel because of faulty information. I was really upset about that. But it's whatever. I would just like the con staff to be more organized? I know its a hectic time and everyone has questions, but it's alright if you have to take the time to look up information or double check. Idk.

Uh...disappointed with the musical guest. I'm really over the visual kei bands. REALLY. Can we get something different this time around? This was really the only thing I had a huge problem with.

Heres a pro: I LOST WEIGHT. 4 pounds. I thought I would gain because of all the junk food that was provided through the con. I guess the shutting off of the elevators and such really helped haha.
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote