Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Character Identification help please.

Sorry but Idk where else to put this..I asked about another character in this forum once and no one seemed to mind so I have another one.

It's on a video for a song that was Nightcore'd.

I know it's not a vocaloid of any kind, the first thing I thought was Gumi but then I noticed not the same hair lol It's her "style" though, but not her..If anyone knows or has any helpful info that'd be awesome. I wanna cosplay this like crazy, but it doesn't help if I know nothing about the character..
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

EDIT:
Sorry I posted prematurely..It seems I was wrong..Idk..Well here's the RUL to the render:
http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/ima...Sacha-Chan.png
The actual site refuses to work properly and I can not search for it by any of the words used in it's title..And google is less than helpful..

rousse is a word used in the URL. I looked up vocaloids that have that word (while searching using all the title's words) and Miki was the only one that came up as suggestions with that word, but there is no such picture..

Here's the site if anyone even cares, becasue it won't be helpful:
http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/gal...le-G-85371.htm
It's under the "other" so i don't know what it is..
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 02-13-2015 at 01:03 AM.
Unread 02-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Ilafatyu
That guy

Even tineye wasn't helpful. Wow. This image has been used for so much random stuff nobody knows where it's from anymore.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 9%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea I noticed it's used a few places..None of which have any say in who it is..
The thing is, I have a feeling it's an actual character. My main reason is that the gallery I found it in is a site to upload renders. All of which that I saw where official characters or real people/items (like singers and actors, and objects). Didn't see anything that was an original character on the whole site. These people are just taking official pictures and cutting out the characters/objects/people and putting them on a transparent background so they can be used on whatever without it looking bad.

And here's my reasons for assuming it was Miki from Vocaloid:
-Both have similar colored hair (red/orange) and same length
-Both are robotic like (Miki has elbow and knee joints, and this character has metalic arms with elbow joints)
-Miki is known to use a guitar in some official images. This one isn't a guitar, but it's similar, and the only one I've seen hold a guitar that's a female in official images
-Miki has similar headphones. These ones are apple shaped to fit the theme, but they are big and round, she's the only one with circle headphones (outside of magnet, but that's different anyway).

So idk..lol There were other Vocaloids in that "other" album too, so I think they put in the vocaloids that they didn't know, under "other" which made them not go under the Vocaloid album. Same could have happened here.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 02-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
Rinner

It comes up on this webpage but it's just called apple guitar headphone baixe. Which is Portuguese for apple guitar headphone download. SO pretty much useless.
Unread 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
xIkuna

She just looks like an OC to me

Cosplays:
Scarlet Witch- Avengers: Age of Ultron
Maggie Greene- The Walking Dead
Coco- RWBY

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinner View Post
It comes up on this webpage but it's just called apple guitar headphone baixe. Which is Portuguese for apple guitar headphone download. SO pretty much useless.
Damn..I hate how unhelpful all the sites are..
The one I found it on, the place the render was uploaded to, the title is french, and translated it's literally girl-redhead-apple-guitar-headphones. Yea..Extremely unhelpful..But like I said, there were other actual characters in the "other" album that were not named in the titles. These are mostly used in the videos for the Nightcore'd versions of songs. Most of the ones I have in my youtube album are from that site..So I think the person just googles for neat pictures and when they don't know who it is, they just title it with no character name when they make the render.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 02-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
Ashok
Cat Boy

I believe I might have found the original artist after a bit of searching, as I found it on one website (forgot the name of the site, but it credited the artist as 2no/Nino

http://ninomiy.com/ that is the website of the "artist"

Sadly based on this information, nothing is mentioned if the character is an original character or a character from a series. Heck, it may not even be the true artist of the picture.

Just thought I would share this finding however, in case it may give anyone a bigger lead on this.

Beta Noiz -DRAMAtical Murder- (100% complete)
Rin Okumura -Blue Exorcist- (0% complete)
Gaius -Fire Emblem Awakening- (3% complete)
Toy Bonnie -Five Nights at Freddys- (0% complete)
CATDOS -Object Head, Oc- (3% complete)
Foxy -Five Nights at Freddys- (0% complete)
Ashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2015, 10:49 PM   #9
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I also got to 2no/Nino as being the artist. I think it is an original character though.

I did find another piece of art of the same character.
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY, Regular outfit)|Emerald(RWBY, school uniform)| Emerald(RWBY, prom dress)|Robin(Fire Emblem: Awakening)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #10
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
I believe I might have found the original artist after a bit of searching, as I found it on one website (forgot the name of the site, but it credited the artist as 2no/Nino

http://ninomiy.com/ that is the website of the "artist"

Sadly based on this information, nothing is mentioned if the character is an original character or a character from a series. Heck, it may not even be the true artist of the picture.

Just thought I would share this finding however, in case it may give anyone a bigger lead on this.
Thanks for sharing this.

Problem here is they don't actually say that they made any of the art..They just say not to use the picture without the artists permission. And they even on their homepage of that tumblr, say:
"Please do not use any images (artworks and photos on my site) on your site without permission.
At least, I hope you e-mail me or respective artists before you post it."

Meaning some of that art is not even theirs. And their "mail" tab doesn't work. If you write anything (you can use google translate on chrome to read it), hitting the send thing brings up a pop up not allowing you to send anything. I signed in and followed them, then when on mobile and went to their page that way via the app, and there's no possible way to message them at all. They are making it 100% impossible to even ask them to use anything. Th3ey ask you to ask them before posting stuff they post, then make it impossible to do it..I highly doubt any of it is theirs..
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)