Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #196
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

My mom just thinks they're funny. The other day I did my Antonio Salieri costume (since I'm still working on it) and it was the first time my mom had seen it.

Her response?

"Whoa, be lucky you were born female; you'd make an ugly guy!"

-.-" ...
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #197
shindousgal

When this happened I just knew I had to post it here! I was at Joanns with my Mom. In my arms was some fresh cut batman fabric and a gold and red ball of yarn to make a gryffindor scarf.
First off I'm 22, have my own job andwhat not. My mom is highly supportive of my cosplay. Well as we are heading to check out I told her."
"I saw this Harry Potter quilt someone made, then I looked at all the detail, I am so sticking to my cosplay"

Well we get to the cash register and the lady's like "That's expensive but so is cosplay." And I think I had one of those moments where you feel like your eyes are about to pop out of your head and your about to float of the ground. I had dreamed of when I would meet my first joanns worker who knew what cosplay was. Then she told us she had a press pass to NY comiccon. And as me and my mom are walking out the store my mom's like "Shante you should have got her name so you could add her on facebook and see her pictures from the convention!"
And I happily said "Thats all right mom"

Esmeralda (Disney) %40 done
Rainbow Dash 90% done

Up coming cosplay:
Female Aqualad (young justice)
Hitomi (Pretear)
Kareko (Deadman Wonderland)
Shion (NO. 6)

Next Conventions:
Ohayocon 2014
shindousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #198
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

When my dad picked me up from a cosplay party, he kept taking pictures of me with my Kurama eyeliner on and sending them to my mom, even after I'd taken the wig and wings off because he couldn't get over how different I looked with that much makeup on.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #199
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

My mother just came home from meeting a lot of the extended family- turns out I have distant cousins who cosplay Hetalia among other things. Time for some family reunion, methinks.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #200
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
When my dad picked me up from a cosplay party, he kept taking pictures of me with my Kurama eyeliner on and sending them to my mom, even after I'd taken the wig and wings off because he couldn't get over how different I looked with that much makeup on.
This same thing happened the last time I got home from a con. I rarely wear makeup but for cosplay I make it look really nice. I came home wearing my makeup and my wig still so my parents decided to take tons of pictures of me in it. When I first walked up to the house they didn't even recognize me. xD
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #201
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

http://teaforthought.deviantart.com/#/d5gqd5g

Upon seeing this photo of my Sebastian and I, I was overjoyed my eye does show up blue without contacts. All my mum has to say is
"What's with that face Sky (Sebastian) is making?"
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~

Last edited by TeaForThought : 10-03-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Photo didn't work
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #202
Chaletica
[laughs]

Earlier this year, while talking to my grandma (who knows I cosplay and loves to see my costumes):

Grandma: So who are you going to cosplay next?
Me: Well, I'll be Lakitu from the Mario games... he's a turtle flying on a cloud.
Grandma: A turtle? So, are you going to walk around slowly on four legs, and...
Me: No, Grandma... he looks like this(draws a picture of Lakitu) besides, I'm going for a "human" version.
Grandma: Oh.
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #203
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

In the car with my parents on the way back from the craft store:

Me: *Cradling newly purchased skull*
Mom: Don't you have a skull already?
Me: The red one?
Mom: Yes
Me:...yeah
Mom: Then why do you need another one?
Me: Because that one's for Charden! This one's for Faust!
Dad: Honey, clearly there's a difference between the Charden skull and the Faust Skull
Me: There is! Charden's is made of his blood, so it's glossy red. Faust's is his dead wife's skull!
Dad: See? It needs to be skull colored. It's his wife.
Mom: *shooting my dad a "don't encourage her" look*

Also, while in the craft store:
Me: *drops skeleton on check-out counter* I don't need a bag for this.
Dad: you gonna carry him?
Me: HER! *picks up skeleton bridal style* HER name is Eliza and she's my wife.
Dad: Ok, HER, I'm sorry.
Me: Don't you remember when I explained Faust VIII to you? We had the whole conversation in the car about my dead wife?
Dad: Just carry her carefully. I don't want to have to buy you another wife.

The first skeleton I bought for Faust fell once, and the arm broke off.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 10-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #204
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

I made a very large fish plushie for my Seychelles cosplay, and while my mum likes it, she gets frustrated when we try to store it. So when I was talking about making a fake cake for my GLaDOS cosplay she got worried that I was going to make it huge.
Unread 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #205
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

My Mom went to her first convention two weeks ago. It was a comic convention. We were only going to be there for a few hours so I didn't dress up but there were other people wandering around and Mom was SO excited.
There were people running around dressed as an Alien from "Aliens" and Predators and she was just amazed at how detailed their costumes were. She took pictures and was all "Oh my GOSH. They look like they're right from the movie! They look so SCARY."
There was also an adorable group of tiny kids dressed as The Avengers and their Dad that was with them was dressed as The Hulk. She gushed like crazy over how cute they all were and how awesome he was to do that with all of them.
The convention also had the DeLorean from "Back to the Future", the Ecto 1 from "Ghostbusters" and a Dalek from "Doctor Who" and she insisted on getting pictures of herself with all of them. She also got pretty giddy over seeing Val Kilmer and Dean Cain in person. ("Ooooh they're so cute!!")

I seriously had more fun watching my Moms reactions to everything than I did doing things at the con itself..lol My Mom is the cutest.
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #206
shadowbuster44
Rabitbuster

The very first year I went to AX I had to be picked up by my dad. He was picking is up in front of the convention hall and we see this troupe of Sailor Moon cosplayed. He goes "Look at those sexy ladies." Dad those are guys, and right no que they turn around and his face was priceless!! Cause they were hairy men, but they hid it well from behind. And to this day he doesn't let me forget about all the hairy guys that he saw dressing as woman.

Cons I went to this Year:
ALA 2013
Further Confusion

Upcoming Cons:
Biggest Little Fur Con (BLFC)
CaliFur
Anime Expo
AM2
ComiKaze
shadowbuster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #207
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Yesterday my mom and I were talking about conventions and cosplaying. It was rather fun. She really wants to cosplay herself!

Mom: Doing Ouran Host Club will be easy. All I need are some blue blazers.
Me: And you could easily make the school emblem yourself and just sew it on.
Mom: Yeah. I might need to borrow your wig *wants to cosplay Haruhi*
Me: You'll need a short brown one. *the one she referred to is black that I use for Mayushii*. I'm actually going to get one for Vocaloid Meiko. When I am not using it, that might work!
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Currently in the works!
Kaiko Shion [blue dress - original] (Vocaloid)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #208
MoonlitMacabre

So this is just a phase...right?
...Still cosplaying 7 years later.
MoonlitMacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #209
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I was trying to wriggle out of my Kohaku vest, which has to come over my head because of the way the trim is sewn on and is kind of a tight fit when I'm not in binding. Eventually I had to recruit my mom to help me get it over my head.

Me: *flailing with vest half off* Help?
Mom: *pulls vest* You better hope your boobs don't get any bigger or you're outta luck!
Me: Well I'm going to be a guy when I wear this next time!
Mom: I'll bet it's easier to get this thing off when you're strapped down.

XD I love my mom, she's so nonchalant about binding .
Unread 10-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #210
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

This one isn't about a specific cosplay, but about cosplay in general. I have this one shirt which my mother hates, since it's off the shoulder and low in front, and I wore it to school one day and then came home and argued with her about it.
Me: But I like this shirt. I get compliments on it. From straight girls.
Her: Yeah, they probably cosplay.
Me: ...What's that supposed to mean?
Her: They don't have a sense of what's proper.
Me: Yoko Littner is not to be taken as representative of an entire group...! Come on, what do you mean?
She refused to explain any further. It was odd, because previously she's been quite supportive of my cosplaying.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote