Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #76
touzoku

My father thinks all of my cosplays are just me dressing up as Lady Gaga.

All of them.

Though as someone who primarily cosplays Yugioh characters, he isn't that far off.

Especially since one day I'm actually going to go as Abridged-Marik dressed as Lady Gaga from the Leather Pants video (ooo, a cosplay of a character cosplaying. Talk about confusing, ahaha~).
touzoku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #77
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Since this was the last week of school and school gets out at 10:45 every day, my cosplay group has been hanging out in the downtime and I've been going in casual version costume every day.

My dad sees me leave on Tuesday as Yujinn from Vampire Game (Which was just flowy clothes with a sash, braided hair, and his "Magic" Mirror)
On Wednesday as Isaak from Trinity Blood (Long Black Coat with a dress shirt, tie, pentacle gloves and armband with my hair parted and styled like Isaak's)
On Thursday as Faust VIII from Shaman King (Dark purple lipstick and pale makeup, a long white coat, orange scarf, Gloves, blue tank top with duct tape "stitches," pants with duct tape all over them to look somewhat like his and my "Manta Skull.")

As you can see, the costumes are getting more extravagant as the week goes on and we get closer to the last day so my dad just goes "On Friday, are you going as a full on Transformer?"

My reply: "No, I'm being Black Tiger Hartia. I'm a fruity ninja!"
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #78
dotingly
princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touzoku View Post
My father thinks all of my cosplays are just me dressing up as Lady Gaga.

All of them.

Though as someone who primarily cosplays Yugioh characters, he isn't that far off.

Especially since one day I'm actually going to go as Abridged-Marik dressed as Lady Gaga from the Leather Pants video (ooo, a cosplay of a character cosplaying. Talk about confusing, ahaha~).
Oh my Gosh my father thinks that all my cosplays are me dressing up as Lady Gaga too!!
Why though
Whyyyyy
dotingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #79
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

I was sitting on sofa in my full Undertaker cosplay. My step mom was coming down the stairs and she literally screamed. She said I looked very scary. :I Said, "Don't worry mom, hes just a bag of giggles. Completely harmless." I don't even think Undertaker is even scary.

Another time my dad's fishing trip was happening the same weekend as the convention, so all of his friends were meeting at the house while I was tryng to pack. So I walk in the living room to see my dad and all of his fishing friends trying on my cosplay wigs. I just stood there and said,
Me: "Last time I was in here all of you were bald old men, what happened."
Dad: "Yes, but now I'm a magical girl" *twirls hair*
Friend #1: "A magical fishing girl."
Friend #2: "We fight justice by night and catch tuna by day!" *Pose with fishing pole like its a sword*
I have never laughed so hard. My dad and all of his friends are very good natured.
pc_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #80
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So he's not my parent or guardian but I still found this pretty silly. On my way back from a cosplay meet, we stopped by my cousin's house. I was still in my SS Zelda outfit when my mom suggests to my cousin to teach me to drive. So as we continuously do the Chinese firedrill to switch into the driver's seat, my automatic reaction is to close the door behind me. I kept doing it so often, he eventually said, "Excuuuuuse me, Princess!"
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 99%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #81
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Well, my story is amusing in a different way XD!!!

My mom is willing to help a lot with my cosplays. What's funny is SHE WANTS TO COSPLAY TOO! XD!!! For example, she's all like wanting to cosplay Yuuko, her favorite character from xxxHOLiC, and one time she said she wanted to cosplay Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight! What really shocked me is when she was like "I'm thinking of cosplaying Lust form FMA" I'm like....I was so surprised! Though, at the same time, not too surprised she'd choose that character. She usually thinks of cosplaying characters she could easily pull off.

Here's what the most amazing. I am sort of interested in doing the Maid's Cafe next year at Anime Expo AX, so I told her that. Her response? SHE WANTS TO JOIN ME! XD!!!! She already has a maid outfit saved on her Amazon.com account, and I'll be having my closest friend design mine since she likes dressing me up and is good at making clothes XD!!! Mother and daughter duo at the Maid's Cafe! And the thing is, she can totally pull it off, too. I mean, she's often mistaken as my older sister XD!!!!
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

Currently in the works!
Keichii Maebara [casual, genderbent] (Higurashi)
Shinji Ikari [school uniform, genderbent] (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #82
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Not a parent, but my Nana just said the funniest thing while we were watching Black Cat:

"You're cosplaying Creed right? Adam Lambert would love his outfit, they're both gay as can be!"

My Nana cracks me up.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #83
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Latest comment out of my mom's mouth.
"Oh my god! You can dress your baby up as Pikachu and you dress up as a trainer! That will be so cute."
When she found out I am pregnant.

Oh Captain, My Captain...RIP RW 8/11/14

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Jean!WoC -Attack on Titan 100% done!
Washu Hakubi - Tenchi Muyo! 100% done!
Motoko Kusanagi - GitS 0% (planning stages)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #84
Lucid_Enigma

While house hunting with my parents we walk in and find out that what would be my room has a huge closet.
Me: "Oh my god! I could finally make and store my bazooka!"
Mom: "Yes you could!"
Lady showing us the house: "O________O what?"

My mom is really supportive and seemed a bit too excited when I was talking about the bazooka. I think I freaked out the lady who was showing us the house lol. She kept looking at me weird.
2D (Stuart Pot) 100%

Lucid_Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #85
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

"They look like cat ears..." said my Uncle, when I all excitedly went to show my mom my completed Lucy horns and my mother was talking with my uncle at the time. It was like. -Insert Anime Sweatdrop; "They're horns..." xD
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #86
hikaru2322

My mom is usually happy to help whenever I need to find specific shoes or makeup. I think it's because I don't usually wear fancy shoes or makeup outside of cosplay ^^"

My dad really liked the picture-taking aspect of cons and took a lot at NYAF 2010. My mom just likes the cool outfits, accessories, and shoes part of it. I was talking to a Madame Red cosplayer once, and my mom was just like, "OMG! I LOVE your shoes!" to her. She did the same with an Angel Stocking cosplayer and even asked her how she did it :3
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #87
Kwonkicker

Told my mom I'm going to try my first cosplay for Comic Con this year as Vector from Resident Evil. I got on my laptop and showed her his picture. This is what transpired:

Me: So that's Vector
Mom: Why's he look like that?
Me: He's a soldier sent in to contain the breakout of a zombie virus
Mom: *Looks at the picture then at me* And let me guess; He knows how to fight and kick and stuff so that's why you chose him? (I study martial arts for a living so she rightly assumed this is why I chose him haha)
Me: Yeah pretty much. He's the Umbrella Corporations most elite operative
Mom: Look....just don't wear that damn gas mask in public. Matter fact; don't even PUT the mask on until you get inside the event
Me: Why?
Mom: *Gives me a 'are you stupid' look* Because the last thing I need is for you to turn the corner and five or six cops roll up on you and shove you to the ground and arrest you for being a terrorist!! You know people are stupid these days!! Don't wear that shit in the street!!
Me:....uh..ok
Mom: Good
Kwonkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #88
rajamitsu

Well, if we're including other family members...

Me, my mom, siblings, aunt, uncle, and cousins went out for my mom's birthday. I'm sitting near my cousin, who eventually gives me a super-serious look and says, "Okay. I can't take it anymore. You know those costume pictures you have on Facebook? The purple one?"

I'm starting to get a little nervous, but say "Yeah...?"

"Who is it supposed to be? I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts." So, I borrow a smartphone and look up a picture of the character and show it to her. She takes a look, nods once, still all serious, and says, "Yeah. That's pretty spot-on."

...and it never came up again. ^^;
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #89
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

This was a compliment but for some reason it makes me laugh. I was showing my dad the mask I made for Articuno. I already had a picture printed out as I was using it for reference while making it. He said "You really do look like that bird."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
"They look like cat ears..." said my Uncle, when I all excitedly went to show my mom my completed Lucy horns and my mother was talking with my uncle at the time. It was like. -Insert Anime Sweatdrop; "They're horns..." xD
My dad said the same thing when my Lucy horns arrived (I got mine on Etsy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ends Beginning View Post
Latest comment out of my mom's mouth.
"Oh my god! You can dress your baby up as Pikachu and you dress up as a trainer! That will be so cute."
When she found out I am pregnant.
I actually know a girl with a baby who does something like that. Her baby is Pichu, she's Pikachu and her mom is Raichu.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)

Last edited by Shana05 : 06-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #90
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

My mom doesn't like it and it doesn't bother my dad, he will actually help me if its in his area of expertise and then he'll tell everyone about this awesome thing he made and shows them.
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote